Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does twoplustwo.com make money off of new accounts

Load Metric

Does twoplustwo.com make money off of new accounts

It amazes me how easy it is to get banned from 2p2. say one slightly racist comment or anything slightly inappropriate and they ban you. I have been banned from there at least 20 times but just use a vpn lol so Fuck you skalnsky. but if they are making money off me each time I open an account I will not say anything inappropriate from now on . Those cocksuckers banned 3 of my acocunts in the past two weeks alone Id hate to find out they were making money off each banning and reopening.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They make money if someone signs up for something they advertise aka being an affiliate but that is really it.

I guess it's possible they sell banner ads to display for "x" amount of views which your new accounts could account for a few of them but they have so many active users the number is probably not that much.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Of course they don't make any money directly from you opening a new account. However, they certainly boast about their number of users (among other bits of data) when negotiating with advertisers, which you inflate by making dupes.

There's a decent chance they profit directly from you browsing their site by creating ad impressions, so if you hate them so much just stop visiting.

Comments

big dick: my new and last account won't be getting banned

Load Metric
    I read 2+2 today a little bit. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it had something to do with that Maria Ho/ black dude thread?

By the way Thomas I see you reading. Was surprised to see you speak in a positive manner about that cat after the 100 negative personal experiences posted in that thread. The dude seems like a giant cock who deserves a bullet to his empty head, but I had to respect the contrarian view given the almost universal love you get on 2+2.

Load Metric
    lol yeah that thread probably had something to do with it. I addressed vanessa selbst as "sir ' I geuss they didn't think that was funny.Has anyone noticed how much selbst looks like that faggot who owns cardrunners?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Of course they don't make any money directly from you opening a new account. However, they certainly boast about their number of users (among other bits of data) when negotiating with advertisers, which you inflate by making dupes.

There's a decent chance they profit directly from you browsing their site by creating ad impressions, so if you hate them so much just stop visiting.
    I like the content and the site overall but I hate the owners and I hate most of the people on there so I talk a lot of shit. I pretty much hate every pro poker player alive. I sorta look at them as the enemy.There are probably 10 pro players I like and that might be a stretch, im not talking about famous guys just regular grinders. I also like to give bad info in the strat threads, I mean why the fuck would I want to help make the enemy better? I send pm's to that faggot shootaa all the time and tell him to SHUT THE FUCK UP and stop teaching these nitwits how to get better.
    Last edited by big dick; 06-24-2014 at 02:44 AM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I read 2+2 today a little bit. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it had something to do with that Maria Ho/ black dude thread?

By the way Thomas I see you reading. Was surprised to see you speak in a positive manner about that cat after the 100 negative personal experiences posted in that thread. The dude seems like a giant cock who deserves a bullet to his empty head, but I had to respect the contrarian view given the almost universal love you get on 2+2.
    Honestly I haven't read most of that thread, so I didn't read many stories of him being a terrible person. I don't know if that would have changed my perception or not. All I said was "I have to admit, I like this guy" and a bunch of people got mad at me. lol

I don't think I get universal love on 2+2 anymore. For about 2 years I did, and I think that's incredible considering how angry and judgmental so many people are. There was something very affirming about posting a video and getting hundreds of positive responses in such a hostile environment. That was a significant factor in motivating me to spend so much time on those projects. These days I think my stock has fallen quite a lot, but maybe I still have some fans left.

Load Metric
    I haven't saw any threads where the tide turned, but not surprising considering the audience. We still like you, and when we don't, we'll simply tell you to go noose yourself and badguy threatens your life or tells you he's going to skullfuck your dead corpse.

It's cathartic, and you just can't find that type of honesty on 2+2. It's all passive aggressive over there. You're still doing really good work over there when I catch it. I started reading that thread because I was curious how someone I never heard of had some big ass thread, and you managed to get interviews with all the main actors before I even got to the end.

Impressive considering those getting internet lynched were pretty much napping the whole thing out with the exception of the 1 post by Maria Ho. I have to imagine your employers are happy with your access, assuming a poker media company is ever happy in the post Black Friday world of less ad revenue.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    lol yeah that thread probably had something to do with it. I addressed vanessa selbst as "sir ' I geuss they didn't think that was funny.Has anyone noticed how much selbst looks like that faggot who owns cardrunners?
    This post is my favorite thing I've read all day

Gold
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post

Load Metric
    I'm not sure, but I've heard twoplustwo.me is not a moneymaker at all
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    It amazes me how easy it is to get banned from 2p2. say one slightly racist comment or anything slightly inappropriate and they ban you. I have been banned from there at least 20 times but just use a vpn lol so Fuck you skalnsky. but if they are making money off me each time I open an account I will not say anything inappropriate from now on . Those cocksuckers banned 3 of my acocunts in the past two weeks alone Id hate to find out they were making money off each banning and reopening.
    If you like 2p2 so much that you will come back after a ban 20 times, you might figure out what triggers a ban after maybe, two or three of them and avoid that behavior?

PS - I looked at your last few accounts and I wasn't the one that banned any of them.

Comments

nunbeater: oh snap

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by propoker View Post
    If you like 2p2 so much that you will come back after a ban 20 times, you might figure out what triggers a ban after maybe, two or three of them and avoid that behavior?
    I get banned as soon as they figure out who I am. No other reason given.

Comments

nunbeater: gangster

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Probably based on the fact that you were perma banned multiple times and something about your post triggered one of the mods to do a lookup. You need to fly under the radar for a while with a new account and establish that you don't suck as a poster, with that account. Don't make any references to your old accounts.

Load Metric
    FTR, David Sklansky does zero moderating and Mat does close to zero.

I think the only time Mat goes after anyone and bans all past and new accounts is when they send abusive or threatening emails or PMs. Zero tolerance there.

If they communicate as adults and express that they now understand the rules, I have seen Mat go to bat for them in the Mod forum and via PMs to the banning moderator to suggest another chance.

Load Metric
    Make better named dupes.

UnBan4Dragons
    Not4Dragons
    5Dragons

are not going to trick them.

Comments

4Dragons: they even banned 4faggons

Load Metric

Probably based on the fact that you were perma banned multiple times and something about your post triggered one of the mods to do a lookup. You need to fly under the radar for a while with a new account and establish that you don't suck as a poster, with that account. Don't make any references to your old accounts.
    Oh don't read much into it, I don't ever go there except when a Photoshop thread pops up that could use some fleshing out. I haven't looked at that site on the reg since about 2009.

Load Metric
    4dragons, why were you permabanned multiple times and is it true they were all due to black cock/Sklansky photoshops?

Comments

4Dragons: NAILED IT

Load Metric
    These days I think my stock has fallen quite a lot
    Yes

but maybe I still have some fans left.
    No

Thread Information