Thread: The US soccer team sucks

Load Metric

The US soccer team sucks

I watch every US soccer game and almost every world cup game. Love the sport

But lets face it the US team fucking sucks. Except for 60 seconds they looked terrible against Ghana.

Who the fuck do they have now that can score? If they dont score on set pieces it is as they dont score. That fucking guy they put in for Altidore look so lost it was funny.

Comments

DRK Star: completely agree. Expecting a 3-0 loss to Portugal
    :freelewfather

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

But lets face it the US team fucking sucks. Except for 60 seconds they looked terrible against Ghana.

Who the fuck do they have now that can score? If they dont score on set pieces it is as they dont score. That fucking guy they put in for Altidore look so lost it was funny.
    who's the u.s. soccer team?

ah give em 30 years or so.

Load Metric
    Their next opponent, Portugal, is depleted.... coming off a spanking by Germany, with Pepe redcarded, Coentrao and Almeida out, and Ronaldo's knee questionable... USA switches to a 4-5-1, with Clint Dempsey up front -- and they should be able to squeak out a 2-1 or 1-0 victory, imo.

They can do it! Ich glaube an Jürgen Klinsmann!

Load Metric
    I also think and hope the US team has a chance to win or at least get 1 point out of the match which could be already enough.

Biggest advantage is the coach. Klinsmann is a master at motivating and building an awesome teamspirit and that is what a team like the US team needs.
    Players from the actual German team still praise him for that.

And Julian Green will score a goal if Klinsmann brings him in the second half.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinWright View Post
    Not that I believe your story but who the fuck ever gave you permission to use charitable funds for the good of your cock.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by pavoe View Post
    I also think and hope the US team has a chance to win or at least get 1 point out of the match which could be already enough.

Biggest advantage is the coach. Klinsmann is a master at motivating and building an awesome teamspirit and that is what a team like the US team needs.
    Players from the actual German team still praise him for that.

And Julian Green will score a goal if Klinsmann brings him in the second half.
    So tomorrow we want..?

1st best Ghana tie
    2nd Best Germany win
    worst Ghana win
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    I love soccer but only watch the USMNT in major tournaments.

I know there were injuries etc but that match against Ghana was painful. Jurgen's style of attacking was abandoned after thirty seconds, Michael Bradley was really bad and Demarcus Beasley was awful. Ghana went at him the entire match, good luck holding off Cristiano Ronaldo. I think they would be lucky to get a result against Portugal and have zero chance against Germany

Load Metric

So tomorrow we want..?

1st best Ghana tie
    2nd Best Germany win
    worst Ghana win
    I am German, so I take the win for the Germans.

And you should not care about that match too much. You need at least 1 point against Portugal. I do not think you should expect points in the last group match against us if we continue playing as in the first match.

You win against Portugal - all is good.
    You get 1 point - you hope Portugal does not score too many goals vs Ghana and that we do not score a lot against you, in case we should win the last match vs you.

Actually a German win against Ghana is better for you because we would not be forced to play full speed vs you, maybe Jogi Löw would try some new players/tactics or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinWright View Post
    Not that I believe your story but who the fuck ever gave you permission to use charitable funds for the good of your cock.

Load Metric
    I guess we're getting slightly better each decade, but we generally look the same every WC to me. There has been talk about taking over soccer since I was a kid, but it's still the default sport for boys not good enough to play the other sports, and until that fundamentally changes, we'll continue to be middling at best. Soccer has always needed that breakthrough moment in the US, but it has never happened.

It has huge youth participation, but then all the good players go play something else when they turn 13. Really, it needs to become a popular sport amongst our black population. As much as we like to say we'd take it over if we wanted to, which we could, it wouldn't be because of our pasty asses. It would be because we have more blacks than all of Europe combined, and organization. Those African countries don't have our organization. Those fuckers are worried about eating, AIDS, genocide, and other shit more pressing than sports. The NBA has shown our white athletes are garden variety white guys, and there are more good Euros than Americans at this point. Basically we need a Freddy Adu kid to pan out rather than bust, start fucking a Kardashian type, and get a rap and shoe deal. At that point maybe some kids in the hood will take notice and then we'll have a shot. Probably not in any of our lives. Our rising Latino population might give us a shot when we are ready to collect social security. Getting a coach who knows something is at least a start, but we need better coaching all through the pipeline.

I've really enjoyed the WC myself, and nearly watched every game. It will never be the NFL, NCAA football, NBA, or my baseball team. But tbh, I prefer this and the EPL to watching an MLB game that doesn't involve my team. So it's made progress, but it's slow.

Comments

big dick: always wager on the black man in any type of physical activity sport ect ect

Load Metric
    Yeah things will get better slowly, I would've thought with the average build of a soccer player there are enough sporty kids who arent the stereotypical juiced up football jocks or 6ft 6 NBA giants to produce some good players especially with the growing migrant population.

You never know one day you could be as good as England !

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Part of it is also that in Europe kids start super young in academies getting extremely technically competent. As long as we follow the general US model of youth/amateur athletics, our players our never going to have the technical skill of a Spain or Germany team. Look at the Spanish national team that just made that great 6 year run. Not great athletes, but they are so technically competent.

In my opinion from looking at them the US is already one of the more athletic teams (maybe less so with Altidore out). However, we don't have that technical skill to make perfect passes, collect perfect passes, dribble, shoot, etc. Look at someone like Suarez or Van Persie. It isn't just the shot, it is the last few touches before the shot, or even the perfect pass from a teamate, setting them up perfect to take the great shot. We just don't have that.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ::o View Post
    Yeah things will get better slowly, I would've thought with the average build of a soccer player there are enough sporty kids who arent the stereotypical juiced up football jocks or 6ft 6 NBA giants to produce some good players especially with the growing migrant population.

A lot of elite athletes that are big, juiced up jocks would have completely different bodies if they were soccer players and trained accordingly. Someone like Reggie Bush who is very muscular at 200 pounds would probably be a lean 170 pound soccer player.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Look at Messi's goal in the Iran game. Doesn't matter how much fast twitch muscle fiber you have. That technical skill is only going to come from thousands and thousands of reps at a young age.

Load Metric

You really should clarify you mean the Mens team as the US Women have pwned the Womens WC (yet to finish worst then 3rd since it began play in 1991) and are to it what Brazil is to the Mens WC.

Also the USMNT had their best finish in the WC in 2002 when they finished 8th in the qtrs. We wont count 1930 when they finished 3rd as the WC was nowhere near what it is now and only had 13 teams competing.
    Last edited by ftpjesus; 06-21-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

You really should clarify you mean the Mens team as the US Women have pwned the Womens WC (yet to finish worst then 3rd since it began play in 1991) and are to it what Brazil is to the Mens WC.

Also the USMNT had their best finish in the WC in 2002 when they finished 8th in the qtrs. We wont count 1930 when they finished 3rd as the WC was nowhere near what it is now and only had 13 teams competing.
    Who the fuck cares about women's sports?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ::o View Post

A lot of elite athletes that are big, juiced up jocks would have completely different bodies if they were soccer players and trained accordingly. Someone like Reggie Bush who is very muscular at 200 pounds would probably be a lean 170 pound soccer player.

Athletes aren't stupid and they will follow where the money and fame is. If the US woke up one morning and decided we love soccer more then the 4 major sports we would win would cup in 20 years and in all likelihood win one every 8-12 years there after. Put a motivated Calvin Johnson in goal with 15 years of training and, as you said it, a lean 170 lb Reggie Bush etc etc vs the rest of the world and I have no doubt the US would start cracking heads.

Thread Information