Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feet From Death Today

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Feet From Death Today

So it was close to 90 here in the Massachusetts burbs and I took a ride over to a relatives house and brought my dogs to get them out for some exercise and get a little swim in.

Dogs were pumped

We arrive and I walked them for a while and then put them in a big caged fence that was built for small dogs like these. I dropped them a couple of tennis balls and some water and let them go nuts in the shade.

Plan was to take a 20-30 min swim and then get on my way. Then about 20 minutes later I am sitting about 2 feet to the left of the pool latter with my arms on top of the pool railing talking to someone when I hear a noise start. This noise lasted less than a second and before I could turn and even see what it was there was a huge tree sitting 3 feet from my head. If you have ever seen an avalanche or a mudslide on tv that is what i would describe the sound I was hearing. Just was quiet one second and then a buildup but happened so fast it was over in less than a split second.

Here is what I saw when I turned my head

side angle view

other side

where the tree landed at the back of the deck

view from farther back

root of the tree at top and there is a small brook running in the middle

Comments

IamGreek: Damn China glad you are OK. Your dogs are the shitz too.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I wasn't sure how big the tree was when it landed so I took a peak and was decent size. Some things you can control like walking across the street or even treatments for diseases etc... but you can't control mother nature.

This is the second time I have been very close to a bad bad ending in the past year. About 9 months ago I was driving on a road I travel every day. Girl in front of me slows down to take a right hand turn and the road widens. She gets into her turn and I go to pass her and at the last second before she veers her car all the way back into my vehicle with her front left corner pushing into my drivers side door but she was also now pushing me into the other lane and there was a car coming and I could see it developing into a major crash. Fortunately the driver on the other side pulled into the widened section and I pulled over.

Turns out it was this girls first day driving and her 17 yr old boyfriend got out and ran up to my side of the car and started yelling hey man what the fuck is your problem. I just got out of the car and stood up and the kid stepped back about 3 feet and said he was sorry. I was also found at fault here because they said I am not allowed to pass even though the road is widened specifically for people to make turns on this street.

This was also my 3rd violation in a certain period of time and 2 of those were speeding tickets so I was forced to take a driver retraining program. Since this program I have driven a lot slower and I am def more cautious on the road. Higher insurance prices blow but that fucking 2 night class I never want to be in again.

Load Metric
    gods don't die

/thread

Comments

chinamaniac: Mark is a common male given name and is derived from old Latin "Mart-kos", which means "consecrated to the god Mars", and also may mean "God of war"

Banned
    Load Metric
    Ever see the movie Final Destination?

Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Ever see the movie Final Destination?
    lol

That rush from almost dying must be cray.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Damn that was close. I was scrolling down waiting for a snake or gator in the dog pen, another fallen tree wtf!

I heard then saw the last part of a large lemon tree limb fall at a neighbors house 3 weeks ago. Absolutely calm n sunny, healthy looking tree, huge ass limb just snapped off.
    That day I learned that lemon trees have some major league thorns.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I've been told my feet are death every day, but seriously have you ever thought of becoming an
    insurance adjustor or maybe an Arborist.

Great coverage( serislyserish) take note, but I think a reaction shot of the dogs would have rounded
    out the story.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: lol arborist

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just went to grab a pre packed salad from my fridge that I bought couple days ago at supermarket and when I tried to open it the thing shot everywhere. Fly shot out of the thing too!

Load Metric
    you're gonna need to almost die like 12 more times if you want this to get the kinda hits the washing machine thread put up

Load Metric
    When I saw those black pool hoses, I thought you narrowly escaped being fried by an downed electrical line (eeeesh). Very sorry that you had your salad tossed as well. Maybe wear a hard hat for luck at the card table.

Load Metric
    It's a sign.

You're going to take down the 10k Limit holdem Championship. And it's gonna be one helluva party.

Load Metric
    I bet Druff was involved in this. He doesn't want you in Vegas winning "his" 10K event!

Just sayin'

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman548 View Post
    I bet Druff was involved in this. He doesn't want you in Vegas winning "his" 10K event!

Just sayin'
    It's actually important to keep China out of this thing.

Some of you might remember "Good Eats!" from Stars. He was actually the guy who got me into poker in the first place, and was a good limit hold 'em player.

He had intended upon playing the $3000 Limit event in 2005, and was going to drive up the morning of the event and play it. I thought that was stupid, as he'd already be "drive tired" before the long day of poker started, but it was his decision obv. Well, the event started and he was nowhere to be found. I called him up and he said that he ended up lagging too much, realized he wouldn't be there on time to late register, and just canceled the whole trip to Vegas. The event played out and I won. I later told Good Eats that I had him to thank, as his presence in the event would have changed everything (think "Butterfly Effect") and I probably wouldn't have won.

I almost denied China's request to post his WSOP BAP on this site for the same reason.

Comments

4Dragons: i remember good eats

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Feet of death to be sure.....

Comments

GrenadaRoger: visual evidence that when Druff left Donkdown, Micon had big shoes to fill

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    you're gonna need to almost die like 12 more times if you want this to get the kinda hits the washing machine thread put up

Load Metric
    Sup, China? Glad you're not dead.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Sup, China? Glad you're not dead.
    JMM has a point. China, you should go post in the 'i'm not dead' thread at boris, just to be safe.

Load Metric
    "I hear a noise start. This noise lasted less than a second and before I could turn and even see what it was there was a huge tree sitting 3 feet from my head"

ear-witness proof that when a tree falls, it does make a noise!!
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman548 View Post

Just sayin'
    It's actually important to keep China out of this thing.

Some of you might remember "Good Eats!" from Stars. He was actually the guy who got me into poker in the first place, and was a good limit hold 'em player.

He had intended upon playing the $3000 Limit event in 2005, and was going to drive up the morning of the event and play it. I thought that was stupid, as he'd already be "drive tired" before the long day of poker started, but it was his decision obv. Well, the event started and he was nowhere to be found. I called him up and he said that he ended up lagging too much, realized he wouldn't be there on time to late register, and just canceled the whole trip to Vegas. The event played out and I won. I later told Good Eats that I had him to thank, as his presence in the event would have changed everything (think "Butterfly Effect") and I probably wouldn't have won.

I almost denied China's request to post his WSOP BAP on this site for the same reason.
    But then you realized that if you denied his bap the butterfly effect from that would be much worse.

Load Metric
    China, can I suggest an outfit for you to wear at the tables?

Name:  chinamaniac armor 4d.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  166.1 KB

Thread Information