Thread: *** WSOP Thread 2014

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ::o View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Lol this guy..
    Imagine the line at the cage of Lindgren wins the One Drop.
    Haralabob wont be line. Says lindgren owes him zero.zero

https://twitter.com/haralabob/status/483356816441487361
    Martin Curacao 95.5 KWNR Radio Host "We see 192 000 miles for your car. How did you put on that many miles since 2005?"

2005 Chevy Impala owner "Drove it"

Load Metric

Cates and Polk -- Mortal Enemies?
    Posted < 1 min. Happy_Freaked • Level 2: 4,000-8,000, 1,000 ante SHARE
    Daniel Cates
    Daniel Cates
    "You're just a d**** bag," Daniel Cates said, as he looked at Doug Polk who's sitting right across from him at the table.

The two wizards of No Limit Hold'em have been known to battle it out online and it seems like there's much more underlying history as well.

"If you want to play I'll play you any game heads up right now," Doug Polk just fired at Daniel Cates, as the two were emerged in a very heated discussion about past games they played.

"I'll play both of you heads up in any game besides hold'em," Jason Mercier chimed in, as the table burst out in laughter.

"I'll play you heads up no-limit hold'em and one other game," Cates responded, as he was not backing down from a possible battle.

After some back and forth mumbling Cates raised his voice and sarcastically said, "Congratulations on being better than me after you beat me once at one game."

"Let's play some other games," Cates continued.

"You said I coached you for only three hours ever, but I know it was way more," Cates said.

"You're a f***ing prick," Cates said, all while Polk offered minor resistance. From the way the conversation had been going it seemed like Polk said something to set off Cates, but at this point Polk was ready for this situation to be over.

"You're too unreal," Polk sighed, "Can we just not do this."

"Last night your mother even called to congratulate me," Polk added, as the entire table held its breath thinking this was the ultimate needle.

"Is that true?" Mercier sheepishly asked.

"That's actually true," Cates responded, as there's a lot more going on between these two players than we can possibly find out from the few quotes we just overhead. Friends or enemies, for now we'll say it's a bit of both

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by offthetop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Imagine the line at the cage of Lindgren wins the One Drop.
    Haralabob wont be line. Says lindgren owes him zero.zero

https://twitter.com/haralabob/status/483356816441487361

Haralabos Voulgaris ‏@haralabob 46m
    @TheniceguyfrmNJ @mattkipper32 Its not like he paid it off, I just sold it at a big discount to someone else.

Comments

simpdog: HOF

offthetop: I see

Banned
    Load Metric
    Jungleman is GOD

Silver
    Load Metric
    Waited 2 months for the 10k and you tweeted 3 times about the monster stack.nice one.If you made day 2 we would have been fucked on the Saturday tournament.Level Account im backing you next year
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Load Metric
    Don't know how I've never seen this before but thanks to SteveO's twitter I finally

Load Metric
    Total entered so far for the $1 million for one drop: 42 players
    Registration closes in a couple of hours.
    48 players entered back in 2012.

Hopefully Rick Salomon will win the big one for one drop.
    Then he can insert his big one and make another sex tape of him banging another 18 year old whore.

How much did he make off the Paris Hilton sex video?
    I heard it was over $30 million.

Comments

shortbuspoker: using Takei more than Sonny rep

Banned
    Load Metric
    Collab with JRB coming soon?

Comments

4Dragons: PM for help

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    LOL Selbst. Her hyper aggression smashes smacks her in the face here in a tournament you shouldn't be going that ham with early on.

Name:  lolselbst.PNG
Views: 441
Size:  533.7 KB

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Gabe Kaplan is 16th in chips after day one of the One Drop? I knew that Mr Kotter was a somewhat respected poker player, but who is backing him for this? Hollywood folk or regular poker backers?

Comments

zealanddonk: Carny Folk rep

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Gabe Kaplan is 16th in chips after day one of the One Drop? I knew that Mr Kotter was a somewhat respected poker player, but who is backing him for this? Hollywood folk or regular poker backers?
    He recently cashed in the $100k donkament at Bellagio as well. I'm curious about it too, but unfortunately he wasn't willing to give any interviews yesterday.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    He recently cashed in the $100k donkament at Bellagio as well. I'm curious about it too, but unfortunately he wasn't willing to give any interviews yesterday.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...69837884,d.b2U
    Gabe Kaplan Net Worth: Gabe Kaplan is an American comedian, actor, poker commentator, and professional poker player who has a net worth of $30 million. Gabe Kaplan gained his net worth by appearing in the sitcom Welcome Back, Kotter before appearing on High Stakes Poker on GSN. Born Gabriel W. "Gabe" Kaplan on March 31, 1945, in Brooklyn, New York, he is best known for his portrayal of Gabriel "Gabe" Kotter in the 1970s sitcom, Welcome Back, Kotter (ABC, 1975–1979). After the cancellation of the show that launched John Travolta as an actor, Kaplan went on to give occasional performances both in feature and TV movies. His subsequent, but less appealing screen appearances include such movies as Fast Break (1979), Nobody's Perfekt (1981) and Tulips (1981), as well as the short-lived sitcom, Lewis & Clark (NBC, 1981-82). Because acting seemed to have lost its glow in Koplan's eyes, he was shying away from the limelight to focus on ventures outside Hollywood instead, mainly financial investments and poker tournaments. Actually, he entered the world of poker long before it became popular in the 2000s, winning a number of competitions and even becoming a host for televised events. He attracted audiences' attention mostly through the "No-Limit Texas Hold-'Em" poker type and as co-host and joint commentator, with A.J. Benza, on previous seasons of High Stakes Poker on GSN. For the show's seventh season, he was replaced by fellow comedian and celebrity poker player Norm Macdonald. Even though he was one of the rare celebrities who sought neither fame nor recognition, Gabe Kaplan remained a notable figure whose brief foray into popular culture made a lasting impact.

Comments

Flipper_Fair: Fast Break is highly underrated. Bernard King is in it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    JRB is DD

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...69837884,d.b2U
    lol really? You actually take that website seriously? How do you suppose they arrive at these figures?

It's a clever way to get traffic, I'll admit. Take questions that lots of people want to know about (high demand), where nobody can possibly know the answer (low supply), and make some shit up. Boom sweet ad revenue.

Load Metric
    Dont shoot the messenger.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    Dont shoot the messenger.
    Sorry, I didn't even read bio, I just insta-lol'd at CelebrityNetworth.com. Did you post that for this part?

Even though he was one of the rare celebrities who sought neither fame nor recognition, Gabe Kaplan remained a notable figure whose brief foray into popular culture made a lasting impact.

Comments

BUBBLES: You think i read that shit?

Load Metric
    Wow, barf... Nice way to go out in the One Drop..

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/upda...d=13657&dayof=

/30/2014 5:30:56 PM PST (about 8 minutes ago)

Drinan Eliminated in a Bad Beat to End All Bad Beats

Connor Drinan

Cary Katz raised to 225,000 from the under-the-gun position only to have Connor Drinan three-bet to 580,000 from the big blind. Katz responded with a four-bet to 2 million. Drinan then moved all in and Katz called off for 5.79 million.

Katz: AhAs
    Drinan:AdAc

The 2dkh5h flop gave Katz a freeroll to hearts, and the 4h turn made it a very real possibility.

"Oh my god," someone at the table said as the crowd moaned realizing one more heart would give Katz the massive pot.

The 2h river then shot shockwaves through the crowd. Sam Trickett and Antonio Esfandiari could not believe what happened and walked away from the tabled shaking their heads, while Katz and Drinan remained seated as the the floorman and dealer sorted out the stacks.

It was the worst bad beat in the world's biggest tournament and Drinan, who qualified for the tournament via a $25,000 satellite, was the unfortunate victim. The stacks were verified, and as it turned out Drinan had started the hand with slightly fewer chips.

"I'll never complain about having aces cracked again," Katz said after Drinan had exited the stage.
    Cary Katz 11,400,000 5,410,000
    Connor Drinan 0 -5,700,000

Comments

Hockey Guy: I've had that happen to me twice & seen it done once to someone else.
    @hotshott74 on twitter

Load Metric
    Voulgaris dishes a bit on Lindgren and has pieces of a bunch of pros.

Load Metric
    Antonio Esfandiari has the chip lead with 16.2 million chips.

If Antonio wins this tournament again, he should tell the truth about the Choice Center, that it brainwashes people into becoming terrorists.

Antonio also reveals what everyone has suspected all along, that he is a member of the Al-Qaeda terrorist network and moves back to Iran.

Comments

Hockey Guy: I know you're trying to be funny but.... just stop.

Thread Information