Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: *** WSOP Thread 2014

Load Metric
    druff can you dm me or tine we would like to spend a couple grand and get a skatz patch on him if he makes the final table, this is not shenanigans this is real

Load Metric
    also yes it would be the funniest thing of all time seeing rollerskating blackpeople logo on espn but were 100

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Not Anymore

Hand #15: Newhouse raised to 425,000 in the hijack, and Stephensen three-bet to 1.1 million in the big blind. Newhouse wasn't laying down, instead coming back with a four-bet before calling the shove of Stephensen for 7,060,000.

Stephensen: {a-Spades}{k-Clubs}
    Newhouse: {a-Hearts}{9-Hearts}

The flop: {k-Spades}{q-Spades}{j-Clubs}, giving Stephensen top pair. An {8-Hearts} turn was a blank, as was the {2-Hearts} river.
    Geez. This reminds me of the infamous A7 moment with Joseph Cheong. What was Newhouse thinking here?

Obviously the guy has to be playing great overall to make it this deep twice in a row, but how do you not abandon A9 there, which is always drawing to 3 outs in this spot?

Guess he was obsessed with not believing what appeared to be a BB resteal.

What street are you critiquing exactly? It sounds nothing like the Chung hand. Newhouse raises. A guy reraises to about 15 percent of his stack no where near comitting himsel. Newhouse then four bets in a spot that will result in a fold by his opponent a ton of the time. By the time the guy reshoves all in Newhouse has the right price if the guy shows him kk.

Load Metric
    If there is part of the story missing like the big blind is a stone nit without the ability to ever resteal then I understand your critique. I'm just confused by what street u guys have a problem with... are you suggesting to never 4 bet light at the wsop or are you saying to fold when you are clearly beat regardless of the price... in this instance it would be around 2.5/1 if Newhouse four bet was to 2.5 million. And getting closer to 3/1 if his four bet wad higher.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    druff can you dm me or tine we would like to spend a couple grand and get a skatz patch on him if he makes the final table, this is not shenanigans this is real

Name:  SkatzNewhouse.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  147.0 KB

Comments

lol wow: so too soon i cant even bro

El Gallo: godlike

nunbeater: black people!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    If there is part of the story missing like the big blind is a stone nit without the ability to ever resteal then I understand your critique. I'm just confused by what street u guys have a problem with... are you suggesting to never 4 bet light at the wsop or are you saying to fold when you are clearly beat regardless of the price... in this instance it would be around 2.5/1 if Newhouse four bet was to 2.5 million. And getting closer to 3/1 if his four bet wad higher.
    I didn't read the bet sizing and break the hand down, and I dont know the table dynamics or whether he had the right or wrong price. I'm not saying he was right or wrong or even critiquing how the hand was played.

Just saying last report I saw before this hand he had 15 million or so , he then got half of that stack in with ace 9. Just seems like a terrible spot to get into when you are near chipleader and cruising towards a final table.

Fortunately for him he didn't shoot off the last 7 million he had and has climbed up the charts and looks like he could be making the Novemver 9 again

Load Metric
    I didn't read the bet sizing and break the hand down, and I dont know the table dynamics or whether he had the right or wrong price. I'm not saying he was right or wrong or even critiquing how the hand was played.

Just saying last report I saw before this hand he had 15 million or so , he then got half of that stack in with ace 9. Just seems like a terrible spot to get into when you are near chipleader and cruising towards a final table.

Fortunately for him he didn't shoot off the last 7 million he had and has climbed up the charts and looks like he could be making the Novemver 9 again

It's all in the writeup except for Newhouse 4 bet number which I assume would be around 2.75 milly. Which commits him to call off the 4 mil no matter how sickening of a call that is to make. To me the big blind has the perfect 30 big blind stack to execute a resteal. It actually screams resteal to me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

It's all in the writeup except for Newhouse 4 bet number which I assume would be around 2.75 milly. Which commits him to call off the 4 mil no matter how sickening of a call that is to make. To me the big blind has the perfect 30 big blind stack to execute a resteal. It actually screams resteal to me.
    You don't get obsessed with winning every pot, and lay it down with an awful run-out hand like A9 when it appears your opponent really has it.

So Newhouse raises cutoff with A9hh (standard)
    BB has AK and 3-bets (standard)
    It this point there are really only 3 reasonable options:

1) Call and wait to see if you flop something to surprise him, especially knowing he has to act first and will be pot committed if he c-bets with the worst hand.
    -or-
    2) 4-bet him and then lay it down to a 5-bet
    -or-
    3) Fold

You don't get yourself into a mess where you talk yourself into calling the 5-bet shove because you can possibly 3-out the much better hand.

That's not how you get to the final table of the WSOP Main.

I have a feeling that Newhouse didn't play many hands like this, and this was just an anomaly, perhaps based upon previous hands they played (or just because the BB was aggro).

So yes, I am saying don't 4-bet resteal unless you are able to lay it down to a 5-bet.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

You don't get obsessed with winning every pot, and lay it down with an awful run-out hand like A9 when it appears your opponent really has it.

So Newhouse raises cutoff with A9hh (standard)
    BB has AK and 3-bets (standard)
    It this point there are really only 3 reasonable options:

1) Call and wait to see if you flop something to surprise him, especially knowing he has to act first and will be pot committed if he c-bets with the worst hand.
    -or-
    2) 4-bet him and then lay it down to a 5-bet
    -or-
    3) Fold

You don't get yourself into a mess where you talk yourself into calling the 5-bet shove because you can possibly 3-out the much better hand.

That's not how you get to the final table of the WSOP Main.

I have a feeling that Newhouse didn't play many hands like this, and this was just an anomaly, perhaps based upon previous hands they played (or just because the BB was aggro).

So yes, I am saying don't 4-bet resteal unless you are able to lay it down to a 5-bet.
    Ladies and gentleman I present to you Joe sebok.

Load Metric
    Math is idiotic reference not penis reference.

Load Metric
    I think in this spot the math would say don't compound your four bet error with making an even worse error folding to his shove. It's literally 4 million to win 10.5 million if my estimate for his four bet number is correct.

Load Metric
    Mark Newhouse makes a set and gets paid off by Bruno Politano. He's now up over 21 million

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Mark Newhouse makes a set and gets paid off by Bruno Politano. He's now up over 21 million
    Mark Loves pocket 2s, he has been paid off huge with this hand a bunch the past 2 mains

Load Metric
    Mark Loves pocket 2s, he has been paid off huge with this hand a bunch the past 2 mains
    quack quack, You crush all the AJ+'s that connect, any over pairs, and all two pair combos etc. Esp on uncordinated flops with no flush or str8 draw combos. Good hand, esp this deep in the main. Hope this guy wins it all, how could you not.

Load Metric
    Then donks a bunch off, then chips up big again. He's all over the place.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Then donks a bunch off, then chips up big again. He's all over the place.
    Yea I noticed, I am thinking since he made it to the November 9 last year with such a short stack he realizes more than all of these guys thats a bad place to be. Opening up his range a little to try and give himself an avg. stack to win it all is probably what he is thinking. And NOT getting there this time, in the same position he was last year. On top of that, their really isnt too much of a money difference between 10th and 9th. You have tons more to gain piling the chips now, than nitting it up and going to the November 9, short stack two years in a row.

Load Metric
    RT @WSOP: Mark Newhouse flops another set to eliminate Max Senft in 11th place and take the #MainEvent to the unofficial final table.

Comments

garrett: Time to sit out, gg see you in November...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    RT @WSOP: Mark Newhouse flops another set to eliminate Max Senft in 11th place and take the #MainEvent to the unofficial final table.
    GOD at work, all the kharma coming back to him now...

Load Metric
    Obv new house is reading all the amazing strategy in this thread to help chip up and get back in the game.

Load Metric
    Oh and s.u.g.

Thread Information