Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious question: How does Micon survive on no income?

Serious question: How does Micon survive on no income?

As we all know Micon has never had a job and yet continues to live and apparently thrive in Las Vegas. Now LV is probably a cheap place to live if you can exploit all the various promotions and special offers but that requires the focus and mindset of a Druff or a Kessler and Micon obviously doesnt have that. So where does his money come from? I've seen Martha described a lawyer but you need to pass Bar exams to actually act as a lawyer in court. It's more likely she just has a law degree which means she could do paralegal work which doesn't pay that well. Can't imagine she'd be too happy supporting a deadbeat for the rest of her life and she's getting to an age when she might want little Miconets and they cost $$$. I always assumed Tony G had come in with some highball offer for NWP back in the day but recent revelations about Druff's refund of equity in donkdown have forced a reappraisal. Micon is slightly +EV in live donkaments and low-level cash but after factoring in rake, tips, booze etc I doubt he's more than breakeven in real terms. So let me throw it out there: How does Micon get his money?

Silver
    Load Metric

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  MiconSystem_Header2.jpg
Views: 1359
Size:  43.6 KB

This program transformed Druff and countless others into a world class tourney players. If it wasn't for The Micon System no way in hell Druff could get people to buy pieces in the WSOP.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    Name:  MiconSystem_Header2.jpg
Views: 1359
Size:  43.6 KB

This program transformed Druff and countless others into a world class tourney players. If it wasn't for The Micon System no way in hell Druff could get people to buy pieces in the WSOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric

Load Metric
    here is a clue
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by superallah View Post
    what a geek

Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    Slot machines have ruined his life. The diaper was a good choice tho.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I think this question is better asked in September, obviously with WSOP around the corner, he's probably going to get staked this year and if he wins enough, he'll be able to live another year.

The bigger problem he'll face is, his radio show is now officially the "SwC and e-cig advertorial show" and I cant see too many people listening to that for too much longer.

I always assumed Martha either worked, or had savings/some form of income. If not, I see a change in her future.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This same question can be asked about many "poker pros" known to have blown their previous winnings and don't seem to be profiting from poker anymore.

They get by in various ways:

- They get staked. Once your name is out there as a "pro", you can find suckers to stake you, and that well doesn't run completely dry for a very long time (if ever). This includes "makeup" situation where a previous staker who lost a ton of money on you is owed so much makeup that they will get all or most of any tournament winnigs you earn. This encourages the staker to keep throwing good money after bad, figuring that the makeup return is so high that it's still worth doing.

- They borrow. When you hear "borrow", you probably think friends within the poker community. Yes, but also from non-poker friends, family members, extended family members, extended extended family members, and anyone else who might be willing to spare a little bit.

- They scam. Sometimes it's outright scamming, peterdc style, and sometimes it's more subtle, but there's often some form of scamming going on.

- They dodge people they promised to pay. Why pay back your loans when you have found new suckers that you don't already owe?

- They get involved with shady businesses. They will lend their name to any company, no matter how shady, and will pimp their products nonstop if it means a paycheck.

The above is a general description of how most longtime busto poker players get by. These do not all necesarily apply to Micon. I'll leave that exercise to the reader.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This same question can be asked about many "poker pros" known to have blown their previous winnings and don't seem to be profiting from poker anymore.

- They get staked. Once your name is out there as a "pro", you can find suckers to stake you, and that well doesn't run completely dry for a very long time (if ever). This includes "makeup" situation where a previous staker who lost a ton of money on you is owed so much makeup that they will get all or most of any tournament winnigs you earn. This encourages the staker to keep throwing good money after bad, figuring that the makeup return is so high that it's still worth doing.

- They borrow. When you hear "borrow", you probably think friends within the poker community. Yes, but also from non-poker friends, family members, extended family members, extended extended family members, and anyone else who might be willing to spare a little bit.

- They scam. Sometimes it's outright scamming, peterdc style, and sometimes it's more subtle, but there's often some form of scamming going on.

- They dodge people they promised to pay. Why pay back your loans when you have found new suckers that you don't already owe?

- They get involved with shady businesses. They will lend their name to any company, no matter how shady, and will pimp their products nonstop if it means a paycheck.

The above is a general description of how most longtime busto poker players get by. These do not all necesarily apply to Micon. I'll leave that exercise to the reader.
    So essentially they beg, borrow, and steal. Got it

Load Metric

Don't forget signing fake contracts

Load Metric

He is making money by creating a world class online poker site that has excellent graphics, smooth animation and great sound. He is also making money shilling those awesome ecigs that look like crackpipes. Maybe one day LV Vapes can perfect the flavors of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and that overpowering perfume smell from the Venetian. Then I will place my order eventhough I don't smoke anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is a good related question:

How does one survive living in a resort town in Mexico when they haven't worked in 3 years, and when they were not making all that much money even when they were working?

Answer this one and you'll have part of the answer to the original question in this thread.

Bonus question:

Say you were just about to turn 40, lived in a beautiful resort town, and were married to one of the locals who totally speaks great English, and with whom you have a lot in common. Say you also had an intense, long-running obsession with another man who runs a website where you're banned.

Would the right play on a Sunday afternoon be spending nearly 2 straight hours, trying 100 or so proxies, until you finally find one that lets you still browse his site?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Bonus question:

Say you were just about to turn 40, lived in a beautiful resort town, and were married to one of the locals who totally speaks great English, and with whom you have a lot in common. Say you also had an intense, long-running obsession with another man who runs a website where you're banned.

Would the right play on a Sunday afternoon be spending nearly 2 straight hours, trying 100 or so proxies, until you finally find one that lets you still browse his site?
    fuck the internet, obv.

Name:  tjDvD.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  84.0 KB

Load Metric

How does one survive living in a resort town in Mexico when they haven't worked in 3 years, and when they were not making all that much money even when they were working?

Answer this one and you'll have part of the answer to the original question in this thread.
    I'm going to read between the lines and assume you are hinting micon and mwh are both partially living off inheritance money.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Highbrow View Post

I'm going to read between the lines and assume you are hinting micon and mwh are both partially living off inheritance money.
    Not inheritance money.

Well, at least not anymore.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I know you have heard it before, but take it from someone who has been broke more times than Eskimo Clark.

Where there is a will, there is a fucking way.

I did always shower though.
    Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is a cool story told to me by Martha about the first time she and Micon met MWH and his wife.

I might have told this one before, but it's worth repeating.

MWH introduced Micon to his wife by saying something like, "This is Bryan Micon, who owns that poker website that I post on."

Instead of giving the usual greetings of "Hi, nice to meet you" or something similar, her first words were, "Is good one or bad one?"

MWH responded, "It's the good one. Druff is the bad one."

His wife responded, "Oh! Okay! Hi!"

I can only imagine the riveting intellectual conversations that take place every day in that household.

Martha also told me, "Druff, that guy is really obsessed with you. I was like, 'Dude, let's talk about something else', but he couldn't stop asking questions about Todd this and Todd that."

I'm sure she'll deny it now, and say that none of this ever happened, but that's honestly what was reported at the time.

But yeah, it's totally believable that MWH hardly brought up my name there, and that he just tried 100 or so proxies today because he enjoyed the technical challenge of getting through to this site.

Thread Information