Thread: Chael Sonnen drug test results.......AND......

Load Metric

Chael Sonnen drug test results.......AND......

Load Metric
    It's sad but pretty lol at the same time. He was on TRT and they banned it so he decided to use other banned substances to ween himself of it before he applied for the license to fight Wanderlei. I actually believe him when he said the positive surprised him as he indicated that his camp was doing tests along the way to see when he wouldn't piss hot so that he could then move forward with the licensing process. That said, as a fan, I see this as being his retirement since I think that they will give him a full on 1 year suspension for a second violation given his history. Maybe he can get Dana to release him and Wanderlei and they can go fully drugged over to Japan for the inevitable New Year's Eve super show ofr whatever company takes Dream's place.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    The stuff he pissed "hot" from is needed for getting off TRT, iirc. Odd situation, as the substance obv falls under the banned category.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    The stuff he pissed "hot" from is needed for getting off TRT, iirc. Odd situation, as the substance obv falls under the banned category.
    word is (or Luke Thomas said) Dan Henderson asked the commission if he could use that stuff getting off test for his last fight, and was told 'no.' Considering Chael's prior issues with "disclosure," it's retarded for him not to let the commission know every single substance he's doing, always, when he knows that as soon as he's advertised for a fight, he's liable to be drug tested by Nevada.

Nevada gets blame for banning TRT without having any plans on how to deal with those who previously had TUEs, but that's only like 10 people, few of which are active fighters. However, as the rulemakers, they righted a wrong (trt was a joke), so you can't fault them too much.

The UFC gets blame for scheduling these guys so soon after getting off TRT, when Dana himself said he knew it would take time for these guys to get their shit together health-wise after stopping the juice. Unfortunately, UFC is running 243 shows this year, and they need fighters, and they need headline fighters, so the show must go on.

Chael, tho, gets the huge, silly bulk of the blame. Everyone knows that shit's banned. It's banned in every sport, and it's been in the headlines plenty of times in the past. Even if you had no clue what clomid and the the other shit was, you gotta know that anything a fertility or testicle-centric doc gives you MAY VERY WELL BE PROHIBITED, JUST LIKE THE SHIT YOU ARE USING IT TO REPLACE. Hell, chael even admitted to hcg, which he didn't get popped for, but is also prohibited, which chael knows. Why admit to even more out of competition violations?

Load Metric
    It's idiotic to ban TRT and not allow HCG for a certain set amount of time. Like if you ban TRT tomorrow, any positive test for clomid and HCG after like 9 months to a year resulting in a fail would be reasonable. It was absurd to ever allow TRT in the first place and call it anything other than permissible low-level steroid usage. The rare exception being someone with a verifiable issue that was diagnosed by their mid-teens. I'm very pro TRT, but it's undoubtedly performance enhancing, and most often unnecessary until an age where guys aren't fighting anymore anyway. To ban TRT and HCG and Clomid at the same time is telling a guy he has to self chemically castrate himself for the foreseeable future until his balls get back to speed.
    Last edited by BCR; 06-11-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    That said, as a fan, I see this as being his retirement
    the one fucking time i'm right about mma and i don't want to be

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think Chael has been hit in the head a few too many times

Load Metric

Load Metric
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information