Thread: Interview with Micon on CalvinAyre.com about Seals

Load Metric

Interview with Micon on CalvinAyre.com about Seals

http://calvinayre.com/2014/06/09/pok...dio-interview/

He comes off pretty well but I lol'ed when I read "CalvinAyre has done some good reporting on a lot of the really bad sites that have been bad players in the industry. Seals with Clubs come from a totally altruistic player’s perspective, and I think you will find that we run a very transparent operation. We are as player friendly as we can be, reduce the rake as much as we can and you get your money out in 12hrs."

Ya right Micon the altruist. This guy wouldnt piss on u if u were on fire if there wasnt some way he could turn that into selling u something. Micon is the least fucking altruistic dude Ive ever come across, everything is about him.

Aside from that I think Micon has done a good job running & promoting Seals. I havent heard of any bad shit bout him or Seals and Micon seems to really be putting his all into marketing it. He gives a lot more of a shit bout seals than he ever did NWP or DD. But its also reckless to run something like Seals & be all open about it. Doj just lookin to make an example out of someone and I think Micons probably the most recognizable face of bitcoin gambling right now. Then again look at cocksuckers like Tvetkov getting so little jailtime so maybe Micon knows what hes doing.

Load Metric
    I dont know, he seemed cool to me when I dealt with him.

Id caution against judging someone trying to forge their brand as intrinsically self absorbed.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Id caution against judging someone trying to forge their brand as intrinsically self absorbed.
    Seconded. Micon does his thing his way but is above board when it comes to what his aims are. There is no way in hell that if he was shady that the shade would have hit the fan by now, and in a very public way.

Load Metric
    I think u guys are misunderstanding me. I agree Micon has done a good job w/Seals and prob hasn't ripped anyone off or fucked up in any way major. But I just loled at his quote that he was being altruistic by giving low rake & fast cashouts.

Seals is actually a good job for Micon cuz he isnt the type of guy who is just gonna run off w/ur $, & he is a good promoter. I still think hes stupid as fuck to be so open that hes running a US facing gambling site but what do I know.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokehead View Post
    I think u guys are misunderstanding me. I agree Micon has done a good job w/Seals and prob hasn't ripped anyone off or fucked up in any way major. But I just loled at his quote that he was being altruistic by giving low rake & fast cashouts.

Seals is actually a good job for Micon cuz he isnt the type of guy who is just gonna run off w/ur $, & he is a good promoter. I still think hes stupid as fuck to be so open that hes running a US facing gambling site but what do I know.

I think as long as the USDOJ and IRS are regarding crypto currency as property and not currency, he should be ok.

Load Metric
    To be clear I wasnt thinking in terms of Seals at all in my response, I was more thinking back to when he was trying to put together endorsement deals and possibly a poker color commentary gig. A lot of people looked at it and were like "oh man fuck that guy hes so full of himself", while personally it just looked like someone trying to hustle some marketing.

Truth be told, I think the whole Seals thing is something hes pursuing for similar reasons. Seals taking off and lining his pockets would probably be considered a consolation prize, albeit a great one.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Seconded. Micon does his thing his way but is above board when it comes to what his aims are. There is no way in hell that if he was shady that the shade would have hit the fan by now, and in a very public way.
    I agree. I'm not a big fan of Micon and never have been but he seems like a genuine guy. He's just a bit of a fuck up at the game of life that seems to shit on all the good fortune that comes his way.

Thread Information