Thread: Daniel Negreanu offered $170 million for FullContactPoker.com back in 2006?

Load Metric

Daniel Negreanu offered $170 million for FullContactPoker.com back in 2006?

http://igaming.org/poker/interview/t...never-happened

Must call bullshit on this one.

If true then neverwinpoker.com was worth at least $20 million.

However, big props to him for telling the truth about the first Tournament of Champions that Annie Duke won $2 million, she, her brother Howard Lederer and Phil Hellmuth did make a deal. Annie always denied they made a deal but we all know now she's just a fucking liar.

Load Metric
    I wouldn't doubt that figure. look what Party's IPO was (the company was valued at $9 Billion after the IPO), and consider Gus got 8-figures for his Poker Room (PokerChamps) around the same time.

If you sold anything poker related in late 2005 you made a killing
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    FCP was a fairly semi-successful Poker Room skin. It was probably more for that than the actual fail site

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    FCP was not a fail site - it had a strong community of posters for a time, with Daniel being extremely active. Eventually DN seemed to lose interest in it and the site went downhill, paralleling the decline of poker in the mainstream media post-UIGEA.

Funny that in that article, the TOTAL FAIL of Poker Mountain wasn't mentioned.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blueodum View Post
    FCP was not a fail site - it had a strong community of posters for a time, with Daniel being extremely active. Eventually DN seemed to lose interest in it and the site went downhill, paralleling the decline of poker in the mainstream media post-UIGEA.

It was a pretty active forum until DN stopped being active which coincided with approx this time frame.

I find it rather amusing that somebody started a thread about this on 4 & it got closed immediately because somebody linked the same article/interview on some random fucking page in the middle of the mega Choice Center thread a week earlier. I guess they like all their threads to be totally unreadable.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric

Great pull. I totally forgot about Poker Mountain. Didn't he run that with TJ?

Load Metric
    It was all downhill for FCP after speedz and Iveyfan30 defected.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

It was a pretty active forum until DN stopped being active which coincided with approx this time frame.

I find it rather amusing that somebody started a thread about this on 4 & it got closed immediately because somebody linked the same article/interview on some random fucking page in the middle of the mega Choice Center thread a week earlier. I guess they like all their threads to be totally unreadable.
    I resemble that remark
    I just remembered that it was posted a week earlier. Based on your fine suggestion that it should stand alone, I unlocked it.
    See, I'm flexible!
    (ducking)(also the fact it got zero notice in there - it was an error to close it)

Comments

Hockey Guy: Good call. I almost PM'd you to say WTF but decided against it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by propoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

I resemble that remark
    I just remembered that it was posted a week earlier. Based on your fine suggestion that it should stand alone, I unlocked it.
    See, I'm flexible!
    (ducking)(also the fact it got zero notice in there - it was an error to close it)
    Does Mason know you are over here fraternizing with the enemy?

Load Metric
    Where else can I flaunt that I have my own Micros character?

It has a little too much hair but they nailed the body type.

Comments

nunbeater: I thought the banhammer was a nice touch

Load Metric

You are correct that FCP was a very popular forum at one point. It should also be noted that in 2006 the industry was all over anything that Negreanu was associated with i.e. the Stacked video game. This was only 2 years after his WSOP POY and possibly his zenith as the face of poker to the non-poker public.

Here is a blog that he wrote about the whole Poker Mountain debacle on FCP. You can also look at the timing to assume that he already had the FCP real money skin in the planning stage as he crafted his exit from Poker Mountain.

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poke...50203&archive=

Poker Mountain And Some Random Thoughts
    20 Jun 2005

As some of you may have already noticed from visiting my site www.fullcontactpoker.com there is no longer a pokermountain.com banner on the site.

I think I owe it to all of you to explain exactly what is going on with Poker Mountain as well as my clarifying my affiliation with them.

Let me start by saying that from day one the people at Poker Mountain have been nothing but honest with me. Most of the people involved with the site were friends before I got involved and will remain friends for life.

Before I go any further I should give you all some background as to what happened with the site. The plan for Poker Mountain was, and still is, to offer players the most friendly promotions, including free rolls, deposit bonuses, etc.

One of the things that excited me most about Poker Mountain was the fact that they were extremely well funded and could afford to give back to the players as well as offer a top notch product.

Well, sometimes things don't always work out exactly as planned. The site had some issues with the software that couldn't be fixed overnight. As much as they tried to band-aid the existing software, new problems would arise.

That threw a major wrench into the overall marketing plan. The multi-table tournaments had a few unfortunate crashes and with complex problems like these there was simply no easy fix. It just wouldn't have been appropriate to do a major marketing push until the software was working perfectly.

Ultimately, the decision was made to revamp the software and launch a new and improved version. Of course, a process like that takes time. They are hoping to be ready to launch the new software within the month as far as I know.

When they do, I'm confident that it will be among the best online and the promotions offered there will be very player friendly. I have no reason to doubt that.

As for my affiliation with the site, that relationship won't be part of the re-launch. The online poker landscape has changed so much over the last couple years and I'm exploring other possibilities for myself.

We are leaving things on good terms, with absolutely no bad blood between us. I wish Poker Mountain the best and as I said, I'm very confident that the site will be a huge success despite the problems they've faced due to the software issue. I feel very comfortable in saying that Poker Mountain will give you a lot of bang for your buck and you should definitely check out the new software when it's ready.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    I wouldn't doubt that figure. look what Party's IPO was (the company was valued at $9 Billion after the IPO), and consider Gus got 8-figures for his Poker Room (PokerChamps) around the same time.

If you sold anything poker related in late 2005 you made a killing
    2005 was a great time to sell almost anything. Businesses and Houses were at peak value in 2005. Wall Street kept it going for another 2 years before the big crash.

Comments

Steve-O: very true

Banned
    Load Metric
    He should take the money and run like hell.

Thread Information