Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lol @ fuckin Snowden. Maybe before claiming he was a spy he should have learned a thing or two about what they do, exactly

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Ok cool but this has been your consistent go-to line every single time someone says something you wish you said, so its unfortunate that you chose such an obvious, documented dynamic to leverage your attention beggary from.

America's military kicks down R&D to its own military and to its military contractors. China etc make no distinction between its military and its private sector so to speak because everyone in fucking China is basically Peoples Liberation Army. No matter who you are and what youre doing, if youre Chinese, you are obligated to harvest R&D and exfiltrate it back home.

Ask Uncle Ho.

That you think we do that is the mating call of frightened, angry neckbeard basement gladiator.

That you'd even try to cherry pick that one comment to launch your 408mike caliber nerd-trolling is far and away the perfect crown jewel on a legacy of shameless shitposting that is wholly and consistently bereft of anything but adolescent contrarian whining.

Go pierce your nose and tell your parents all about it, we are tired of your act. Still.

Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Snowden came off as rehearsed and a practitioner of NLP. In other words, he came off like a spy.

For anyone who missed it: http://www.channelcut.tv/watch-nbc-n...edward-snowden
    Also that Business Insider article seemed like a hatchet job.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

seriously though you're a clueless idiot and talking outside of your own expertise.

Ok cool but this has been your consistent go-to line every single time someone says something you wish you said, so its unfortunate that you chose such an obvious, documented dynamic to leverage your attention beggary from.

America's military kicks down R&D to its own military and to its military contractors. China etc make no distinction between its military and its private sector so to speak because everyone in fucking China is basically Peoples Liberation Army. No matter who you are and what youre doing, if youre Chinese, you are obligated to harvest R&D and exfiltrate it back home.

Ask Uncle Ho.

That you think we do that is the mating call of frightened, angry neckbeard basement gladiator.

That you'd even try to cherry pick that one comment to launch your 408mike caliber nerd-trolling is far and away the perfect crown jewel on a legacy of shameless shitposting that is wholly and consistently bereft of anything but adolescent contrarian whining.

Go pierce your nose and tell your parents all about it, we are tired of your act. Still.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Snowden came off as rehearsed and a practitioner of NLP. In other words, he came off like a spy.

For anyone who missed it: http://www.channelcut.tv/watch-nbc-n...edward-snowden
    Also that Business Insider article seemed like a hatchet job.

I thought the same thing, at face value it looks honestly like disinformation, but the contents of it with regards to the behavior analysis proof out. Its not my strong point or anything but I know enough about it to say that the points being made are not bullshit.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

China has a state run media and a government who provides stolen R&D to its "private sector" to facilitate market advantage. Can't argue with this.

So do most of the other prime adversaries.

America does not do that. And since we have no longer maintain any competitive manufacturing advantage on the global stage, thanks in no small measure to the extent of China's relentless theft of our R&D material, we rely on surveillance to facilitate our ongoing financial objectives. Actually it's because of cheap/slave labor, but even China is starting to get expensive. The real cost-cutting trailblazers are setting up shop in Myanmar, Laos and Bangladesh.

Did you notice how no one gave a fuck when Snowden dropped his docs, outside a bunch of bong-sloppy white kids and Upworthy.com? And people who care about the Constitution and privacy and not ending up like 1984.

Thats because our ongoing financial objectives benefit 80% of the civilizations on the planet.

When you start seeing Germany close down our embassy, you can pop that yang about how dirty we play the game.

In the meantime, you're welcome. You're welcome for a stable dollar. You're welcome for gas costing 60% less than its market appropriate rate. You're welcome that your fucking supermarkets are stacked to the ceiling with goods that cost a fraction of what they would cost if those gas prices corrected and the shipping companies passed on that expense to you. You're not exactly wrong but you do realize this is living on borrowed time, right?

So have another fucking bong hit and let the grownups run whats left of this shitburg of a planet.

FWIW I honestly do appreciate the points you made here, Im not insensitive to them. I think the 1984 reference, which a lot of people agree with you on, its hyperbolic and naive, but the truth is that Im glad people give a shit, Im glad you and a lot of other people make this argument and keep people in check who would abuse things like our surveillance capacity to implement something an awful lot like 1984. Honestly thats probably at the core of why I will never vote Republican; I see eye to eye with Republicans on a lot of foreign policy, geopolitical issues, and intelligence oriented initiatives, but by chasing the village idiot vote they basically guarantee that their implementations skew towards exactly that brand of hubris.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Turn the internet off because this is :this
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

LONDON — Oliver Stone and long-time producing partner Moritz Borman have nabbed the rights to “The Snowden Files, The Inside Story of the World’s Most Wanted Man,” written by journalist Luke Harding.

Stone will pen and helm the film, drawing from Harding’s account of events surrounding the Guardian newspaper’s reporting of the disclosures provided by Edward Snowden.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ol...lm-1201207176/
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric

seriously though you're a clueless idiot and talking outside of your own expertise.

You're confusing two very distinctively different things here. Also, lol at thinking that the US government doesn't use companies like Lockheed Martin, Westinghouse, and Alcoa to gather information on other country's R&D and utilize it for their own.

Ask Uncle Ho.

Cool story bro. Stick to to your computer. I'll stick to the Engineering research and development I do on a daily basis.
    Or maybe you just "forgot" that I lived and worked in China for an extended period of time.

Comments

4Dragons: fairly certain he thinks you ARE Edward Snowden

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Snowden has done a number of interviews before this with non-US broadcasters, including a lengthy one for German TV. He is not an interview novice.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

You're confusing two very distinctively different things here. Also, lol at thinking that the US government doesn't use companies like Lockheed Martin, Westinghouse, and Alcoa to gather information on other country's R&D and utilize it for their own.

Ask Uncle Ho.

Cool story bro. Stick to to your computer. I'll stick to the Engineering research and development I do on a daily basis.
    Or maybe you just "forgot" that I lived and worked in China for an extended period of time.
    Fairly certain that he is familiar with your work. Frankly it's just not that distinguished.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Fairly certain that he is familiar with your work. Frankly it's just not that distinguished.
    Here I'll put this as simply as I can. He claims our government doesn't seek information on R&D of other countries. I worked for a company that does a lot of government contracts and was in China for the majority of my time with said company.

Think I know a little bit more about this than he does.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Here I'll put this as simply as I can. He claims our government doesn't seek information on R&D of other countries. I worked for a company that does a lot of government contracts and was in China for the majority of my time with said company.

Think I know a little bit more about this than he does.
    As a former-Alcoan, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on Chalco. It seemed to me Alcoa got in for cheap and came out with riches. I always thought that Alcoa must have given them something of great value. Otherwise, it was an investment on the order of Clinton's cattle futures. (Okay, nothing has ever been THAT good.)
    Last edited by smithbk; 06-03-2014 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Chinalco --> Chalco

Load Metric
    Somewhat unrelated, I found this clip of John Oliver on Net Neutrality funny:

Comments

smithbk: unrelated but funny rep

Hockey Guy: Can't dispute either point in your description. Somewhat unrelated & funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Thread Information