Thread: WSOP Online slahses rakeback

Bronze
    Load Metric

WSOP Online slahses rakeback

It was kind of a joke enough to begin with how low the rakeback %'s were for legalized sites. Now randomly without any advanced warning wsop.com has slashed their rakeback %'s.

They created two levels of the same status with a + sign for the higher one. So there is now a Silver and Silver+ Gold and Gold + etc.

The diamond level which used to offer 15% rakeback has now been reduced to 8% at the lower diamond and 9% at the diamond+

Same thing for each level with their rakebacks being cut.

Oh but the one caveat for seven stars they upped it to 35% (which is near impossible to reach with the traffic on these sites, but congrats druff you benefit)

This is at the very least shady, not sure if it's illegal based on the new laws but to just cut everyones rates instantly without notification is just wrong.

Load Metric
    Cant see how this is illegal since they can give whatever rake back they want. But looks fucking stupid to me if the site is dead like I hear it is.

Wondering how Druff feels since u know that Jew is happy bout the extra 5% but he also likes to bitch at Caesars for shit like this.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Just seems like a terrible idea to do it right now.

If anything they'd want to be promoting the shit outta the site
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In other news, you aren't allowed to play at the same table as others with the same IP address at the Rio. So basically if anyone using the Rio Wifi is on a table you want to play, you're out of luck.

This despite the heavy pushing of WSOP.com during the World Series.

How did they not foresee this issue?

Load Metric
    @mitchgarber 1h
    @ErikRyland tweets received. We take all feedback seriously. Will respond. @SethPalansky @billrini

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    In other news, you aren't allowed to play at the same table as others with the same IP address at the Rio. So basically if anyone using the Rio Wifi is on a table you want to play, you're out of luck.

The last two years I went to the WSOP, they were attempting to block players and media from accessing certain offshore sites. So I used my aircard. While this is a gross fail, I suspect a lot of players already have that as their backup plan.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Caesars Interactive Entertainment CEO Mitch Garber responded to me on Twitter regarding the IP address thing.

He claims that Nevada state regulations prevents two players from the same IP from playing at the same table. That's a stupid regulation, but I didn't realize that was the case.

He also claimed that the Rio has "a lot of IPs", but there are more players right now than IPs.

I told him that was inaccurate, as I have run into SEVERAL players on WSOP.com that I can't sit with. I said that they should have had a workaround for that in some way (such as changing the way IPs are allocated to the Rio), but he didn't respond further.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by haleylh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The last two years I went to the WSOP, they were attempting to block players and media from accessing certain offshore sites. So I used my aircard. While this is a gross fail, I suspect a lot of players already have that as their backup plan.
    Aircard doesn't work.

IP address resolves to California or another non-Nevada state.

I actually tried it myself, and it wouldn't let me play, claiming I was outside Nevada.

Others reported the same thing.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This whole project is mismanaged. I don't know about NJ because I haven't followed that part of the operation, but the NV part has been a classic case of penny-wise/pound-foolish.

They spend a ton of effort and money marketing WSOP.com (especially during the WSOP itself), but don't take care to make sure that the Rio WiFi has a sufficient number of unique IPs to accommodate the players they're trying to court.

They make an expensive deal with 888 (and get terrible service, to boot), yet won't hire a part-time person to man the 2+2 WSOP.com forum.

They create a rakeback system that is already much-inferior to their offshore counterparts, and then quietly LOWER most people's rakeback without announcing it. They need to encourage grinding, not piss people off and risk regulars leaving the site.

I think this WSOP is going to be a big wakeup call to them -- basically that the Nevada site will always be a big failure, and they'll likely stop throwing good money after bad with it. My guess is that the Nevada site will become even more neglected as resources are pulled -- at least until the player pools are merged with other states. Or at least that would make sense at this point. But who knows? CET rarely makes sense.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    First off, apparently these changes only affect NJ players. NV players are still getting the old rate of rakeback. One poster theorized that it's because NV taxes the sites 6.75% per dollar raked, while NJ taxes a whopping 15%!

So right now it stands as follows:

Nevada:
    Silver: 8%
    Gold: 10%
    Platinum: 12%
    Diamond: 15%
    Elite: 20%
    Seven Stars: 30%

New Jersey:
    Bronze: 1% (new level)
    Silver: 2%
    Gold: 4%
    Gold+: 5%
    Platinum: 6%
    Platinum+: 7%
    Diamond: 8%
    Diamond+: 9%
    Elite: 20%
    Seven Stars: 35%

Someone on 2+2 brought up a good point. They changed this in Jersey IMMEDIATELY, meaning that they screwed players who played to earn Gold, Platinum, or Diamond status based upon what they believed to be the higher rakeback. It is basically false advertising. They should have waited at least a full month before implementing these new rates, thus giving everyone sufficient notice who might be playing for them. (This is because status levels last the next full calendar month after you earn them.)

You should submit a complaint to the NJ Dept of Gaming Enforcement if you are affected by this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I got this e-mail today from WSOP.com support:

Hey Todd,

Thanks for contacting us; my name is Anique and I'll be helping you today.

Please be advised that you can only convert your WSOP points when it is 1000 or higher. Every 1000 WSOP points equals to $10.

Congratulations on your winning. Unfortunately, you are not able to receive cash equivalent for this offer and this prize is un transferable.

If you need further assistance with this or any other matter, please feel free to contact us via email at: support@wsop.com

We’ll do our best to respond within 72 hours of receiving your message.

Best,

Anique D.
    Player Support Representative
    http://www.wsop.com
    support@wsop.com
    I asked two questions: What are the minimum number of WSOP points required to convert to cash, and would I be able to cash in or transfer my $215 tournament ticket I earned from heavy play.

While it's true I won on there this week, why was Anique looking this up and mentioning it in my e-mail?

I feel violated.

I suppose it's possible that she got confused and thought my tournament ticket was "won", but that's another problem if true, as it once again demonstrates cluelessness.

I really hate online tournies, and that ticket is only good on Saturdays. Lame.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Anique sounds like a black name to me, seems to be a running theme over there.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    It looks as if regulation doesn't prevent shadiness in the online poker world, as Druff theorized it would.

Thread Information