Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Tzvetkoff likely to avoid a long jail time sentence

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Daniel Tzvetkoff likely to avoid a long jail time sentence

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226933793429

So be a snitch and cooperate after you get caught then get the charges dropped by the DOJ while banking money in the process? Only in America!

Load Metric
    Not quite accurate. I've read numerous times that he stole from the poker companies, this is not the truth.
    He didn't actually steal this money, this was in fact a dispute over charge-backs, fraudulent deposits and such, and who was responsible.

He was at a convention in Vegas and it was someone from Full Tilt who initially snitched on him.

I think they got what they deserved. They shouldn't have snitched on him in the first place!

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric
    I covered it longer over at FlushDraw, from the court docs, which I downloaded. Aussie-based Courier thinks he'll get the time served (about 17 weeks), as compared to being sent back for just a few more weeks before being eligible for early release. That's probably the odds-on choice.

Re: who stole what, I communicated with James Leighton at length as he wrote Alligator Blood, which also includes a lot of first-person stuff from Tzvetkoff and his partner, Sam Sciacca. The stuff with Curtis Pope did happen, and Pope is also one of the men who was most responsible for Black Friday occurring. Pope very likely absconded with millions because he was also busy defrauding another company of his at the same time, but many millions more were frittered away by Tzvetkoff on his lavish lifestyle, and never recovered due to lax accounting.

Alligator Blood ends with Tzvetkoff being released from his NYC monitoring and immediately heading off to Fiji or somewhere like that, with his wife, for recuperation at a private resort charging a thousand bucks a night. Or maybe more, I forget exactly. But if he had the money to do that, he had stuff squirreled away.

I can't find out who hired Tzvetkoff to be their CTO. Whoever it was isn't publicizing it.

Oh, it wasn't someone from Full Tilt who snitched on him. That was one of the big fallacies. No one knows for sure, but it was -probably- Andrew Thornhill, another processor who also is believed to have turned state's evidence, even earlier.

Load Metric
    My father had business dealings with Con Sciacca back in the early 80's
    My old man said he was a terrible person to do business with, he'd not actually cheat folks but he'd use the law against people to gain any advantage he could... betcha his nephew is of a similar ilk.

I don't reckon Daniel has much squirrelled away, he spent most of it living large and thought the money would never dry up. Sure he no doubt has a couple of million tucked away somewhere, but I doubt it's any more then this, and he also owes the ATO a stack.

Still don't believe they actually stole from the poker sites, there was about $40 million owed to PS and $30 million to FT that was disputed.
    Furthermore they'd reached an agreement on paying back this money, which Intabill then defaulted on.
    Hence the poker sites got the feds involved when they saw Daniel in Vegas.

Intabill was poorly run and they spent too much money thinking they had a golden goose.

I still don't think the poker sites should have snitched to the feds when he was in Vegas, and snitching on the snitchers is somewhat fair.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    I still don't think the poker sites should have snitched to the feds when he was in Vegas, and snitching on the snitchers is somewhat fair.
    I'll try once more. The above is wrong. The poker sites didn't do the snitching. Bitar or Lederer or whoever didn't do this, whatever else we might hate them for.

Load Metric
    Reuters reporting Tzvetkoff got time served and a $13 million fine. I should have the sentencing document in a day or two.

Load Metric
    Druff referenced Haley Hintze's article regarding Amaya on this morning's radio show. I have grown to appreciate her work via PFA.

http://www.flushdraw.net/news/baazov...ilized-anyway/

Like Haley, I find the Wild West nature of the business of poker far more interesting than the actual game.

I agree that Baasov floating the notion of taking Amaya private served to put a floor under the stock price. I don't agree that it was only a bluff.

If he was successful and could grab Amaya for 2.5 billion when it was originally done for 4.9 billion (buying at a depressed price) ain't such a bad idea.

As well, putting the word out there that Amaya was "in play" or just putting a for sale sign on the front lawn and seeing what offers might come his way might have resulted in opportunity.

Baasov probably had multiple motives. It was a pure "no lose" move and a typical brilliant Baasov move. From sleeping on a park bench to "the man" in poker. Another great story.

Haley's article prompted me to check up on my hero, Tzvetkoff. Haley is keeping tabs on our boy too. I read "Alligator Blood" and enjoyed the tale. From pimply faced pizza boy to bad boy multi millionaire. I lost track after he got released from jail and vacationed in Bali. Looking like he squirreled away his fortune. God bless.

Phil Ivey or Isulder in their wildest dreams will never ball like Tzvetkoff.

http://www.flushdraw.net/news/misc/t...lzerian-stash/

Too bad Druff is shy about inviting guests to the show. Chad Ellie lurks PFA. I would kill to hear his take on the US facing poker sites and their prospects, Bitcoin processing, PokerStars, "light regulation" and Playboy dropping centerfold's.

If Haley was on air with Chad and Druff during this discussion I would never troll Druff about light regulation again.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-10-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Druff referenced Haley Hintze's article regarding Amaya on this morning's radio show. I have grown to appreciate her work via PFA.

Like Haley, I find the Wild West nature of the business of poker far more interesting than the actual game.

I agree that Baasov floating the notion of taking Amaya private served to put a floor under the stock price. I don't agree that it was only a bluff.

If he was successful and could grab Amaya for 2.5 billion when it was originally done for 4.9 billion (buying at a depressed price) ain't such a bad idea.

As well, putting the word out there that Amaya was "in play" or just putting a for sale sign on the front lawn and seeing what offers might come his way might have resulted in opportunity.

Baasov probably had multiple motives. It was a pure "no lose" move and a typical brilliant Baasov move. From sleeping on a park bench to "the man" in poker. Another great story.

Haley's article prompted me to check up on my hero, Tzvetkoff. Haley is keeping tabs on our boy too. I read "Alligator Blood" and enjoyed the tale. From pimply faced pizza boy to bad boy multi millionaire. I lost track after he got released from jail and vacationed in Bali. Looking like he squirreled away his fortune. God bless.

Too bad Druff is shy about inviting guests to the show. Chad Ellie lurks PFA. I would kill to hear his take on the US facing poker sites and their prospects, Bitcoin processing, PokerStars, "light regulation" and Playboy dropping centerfold's.

If Haley was on air with Chad and Druff during this discussion I would never troll Druff about light regulation again.
    How much of the stuff in there is about gambling and internet gambling and how much of it is back story? I've considered reading it, but the gambling info is all that really interests me.

He was processing at a capacity that was impossible to sustain. In the end, the sites were left holding the bag. The whole Pokerstars/FTP ratted him out is a great story line. The 2 biggest non-drug dealing money laundering entities of all time trying to get someone busted who stiffed them. WTF?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

How much of the stuff in there is about gambling and internet gambling and how much of it is back story? I've considered reading it, but the gambling info is all that really interests me.

He was processing at a capacity that was impossible to sustain. In the end, the sites were left holding the bag. The whole Pokerstars/FTP ratted him out is a great story line. The 2 biggest non-drug dealing money laundering entities of all time trying to get someone busted who stiffed them. WTF?
    Back story. Lots of character development of all the key players. Rags to riches story. Kid got away with it, so happy ending.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The sites snitching on this guy might be one of the dumbest things I have ever witnessed in the history of American business.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    The sites snitching on this guy might be one of the dumbest things I have ever witnessed in the history of American business.
    Agreed.

This ended up setting the stage for Black Friday.

Sanlmar: There is a fair chance I could get Chad Elie on the show again. He does listen to PFA Radio, at least sometimes.

Comments

Sanlmar: Four Stars

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Jeremy Johnson (who alleged to give a $1 million bribe to NV Sen. Harry Reid on Full Tilt's behalf) found not guilty on all but handful of charges:

http://www.thespectrum.com/story/new...rges/82254854/

A Utah businessman who was a helicopter-flying philanthropist before he became a key figure in an influence-peddling scandal that ensnared two former state attorneys general was convicted Friday of seven counts of making false statements to banks but cleared of dozens of other charges

The Salt Lake City jury exonerated Jeremy Johnson, 40, of charges including fraud, conspiracy and money laundering. He was charged with 86 counts.

Johnson could be sentenced to up to 30 years in prison for each of the seven counts for which he was found guilty according to Melodie Rydalch, spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Salt Lake City.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post

Agreed.

This ended up setting the stage for Black Friday.

Sanlmar: There is a fair chance I could get Chad Elie on the show again. He does listen to PFA Radio, at least sometimes.
    What about the guy that accidentally CC'd the Lederer email about Gobboboy?

This guy (forget his name) was around for FTP a lot back in the day - he was very active at the WSOP for Red Tilt Pro support, etc.

I heard he had his FTP equity snatched from him when he was fired. Then I read he testified at the federal grand jury in NY. I doubt he held anything back.

What about Clonie? Is there anyone that doesn't believe her story of having equity taken from her? I 100% believe her. I've always wonder if she made her way to the grand jury room? I saw her and Chris very cozy at the start of the boom. I can't imagine her story isn't true - she just forgot to get it in writing.

Still unbelievable to this day what they got away with. Amazing more of the FTP board didn't get indicted, amazing ESPN, NBC didn't have to pay money back, etc.

What about paying Ray 2 million a month salary AFTER black Friday?

They came a long way since their original marketing plan of trying to get poker into the olympics. This was their original strategy: Protests, demonstrations, petitions, whatever.

The only people that went to jail were the processors for the most part. 1 guy from UB/AB went to jail. The rest were processors.

What a glorious clusterfuck from start to finish.

Load Metric
    Tzvetkoff was Lear jets, penthouses, $40,000 nightclub tabs.

The money Isulder, Ivey and who ever else you think was balling at the time was cool. However, the money the payment processors were wallowing in was beyond comprehension. Like by 100x.

What was written off by PStars & Tilt as acceptable pilferage by the payment processors was incredible. Ivey could only dream. Tzvetkoff walked off once with $300 million. Jeremy Johnson I recalled slammed $40 million. These were just good days. Not lifetime scores. The sites would still come back for more abuse. They had no choice.

Chad Elie was a pretty humble guy who, I think, was trying to be transparent in a filthy thievin game. Isai Scheinberg, despite his trouble with Elie, still spoke to him until Elie did his stretch. It appears Isai knew Elie was trying to play the game straight.

Fuck the poker movies. The payment processors were playing a much much bigger game for stakes that included prison or death. Most of them walked away. Hell, walked away with some fine treasure.

What appeals to me most about these guys is how most of them were not high finance, white collar MBA types.

They were telemarketers, pizza boys and salesmen who dove in and figured it out on the fly. Fearless considering the stakes and the complexity.

Absolutely mind bending, fabulous, Wild West stories.

Also, no one has a better insight what happened in 2011 than Elie. At least he is the only one who is willing to talk.

No one on this planet has a more informed insight into the landscape of US facing poker today too. All you gotta do is ask nicely.

Wonder what his take on Baasov is?

The best part? They are still at it....

Edit:
    When you survey the results of Regulation, Law Enforcement & Justice - who skated, who got to plea, who did time - you have to wonder why Druff harbors his continued faith in regulation.

Even the Micon story shoulda schooled him about real life.

I guess it's a religious thing.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-30-2016 at 05:54 PM.

Silver
    Load Metric
    good post.

Would love to hear ex-ftp people on radio show.

Clonie would be great

Load Metric

The money Isulder, Ivey and who ever else you think was balling at the time was cool. However, the money the payment processors were wallowing in was beyond comprehension. Like by 100x.

What was written off by PStars & Tilt as acceptable pilferage by the payment processors was incredible. Ivey could only dream. Tzvetkoff walked off once with $300 million. Jeremy Johnson I recalled slammed $40 million. These were just good days. Not lifetime scores. The sites would still come back for more abuse. They had no choice.

Chad Elie was a pretty humble guy who, I think, was trying to be transparent in a filthy thievin game. Isai Scheinberg, despite his trouble with Elie, still spoke to him until Elie did his stretch. It appears Isai knew Elie was trying to play the game straight.

Fuck the poker movies. The payment processors were playing a much much bigger game for stakes that included prison or death. Most of them walked away. Hell, walked away with some fine treasure.

What appeals to me most about these guys is how most of them were not high finance, white collar MBA types.

They were telemarketers, pizza boys and salesmen who dove in and figured it out on the fly. Fearless considering the stakes and the complexity.

Also, no one has a better insight what happened in 2011 than Elie. At least he is the only one who is willing to talk.

No one on this planet has a more informed insight into the landscape of US facing poker today too. All you gotta do is ask nicely.

Edit:
    When you survey the results of Regulation, Law Enforcement & Justice - who skated, who got to plea, who did time - you have to wonder why Druff harbors his continued faith in regulation.

Mind if I ask how you know so much about all of this?!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Edit:

The book, "Alligator Blood". That was the Tzvetkoff story. Download it.

Chad Elie hit my radar on Druff's Fraud Show. May still be my favorite show. Chad told a few personal stories on air that were mentioned in the book.

Elie keeping a gun in his desk drawer for impromptu business meetings. Poker payment processing.

Baasov has been a recent favorite.

I just love it. These guys had big brass ones.

Load Metric

Chad Elie hit my radar on Druff's Fraud Show. May still be my favorite show. Chad told a few personal stories on air that were mentioned in the book.

Elie keeping a gun in his desk drawer for impromptu business meetings. Poker payment processing.

cool. Do you know the date on the Chad Elie show? I'd like to download...

Load Metric

cool. Do you know the date on the Chad Elie show? I'd like to download...
    might relisten myself.

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...lie-11-23-2012

MP3 file: http://pokerfraudalert.com/radio/radio-2012-11-23-19-00-01.mp3

Load Metric
    Thank you!

Thread Information