Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official answer ?'s about 1st WSOP event/experience

Load Metric

Official answer ?'s about 1st WSOP event/experience

So obviously I am back in Florida and had a chance to go through the couple of threads and noticed some pretty misinformed and ignorant comments about my 1st WSOP event ever.

I figured I'll start a thread and give you all a chance to directly answer any of it. I am 100%, and obviously find it a slap in the face that some people implied that I lied, was the equivalent of 'burning money' (cmoney) etc..

I learned an amazing amount from this one experience. Most of all I will be back, this was just the beginning!

keep the trolling out of this thread please, so here you go fire away!

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: Pot says to the kettle : keep the trolling outta this thread

Load Metric
    Shut up Garrett
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    This is a questions thread, sir. Please adhere to the established format.

Garrett.... shut up?

Comments

Muck Ficon: Lol

garrett: PFA #1 troll and doesnt even play poker. Kinda funny on a POKER FORUM. Keep slandering people's real names you BLACK HAT dirtbag!

vegas1369: LOL

wrenchjockey: Had to be done.

Hockey Guy: People, if you're gonna troll at least make it funny like this one.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Shut up Garrett
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    This is a questions thread, sir. Please adhere to the established format.

Garrett.... shut up?
    PFA's biggest trolls with the 1st and 2nd response in this thread.

Sonatine I won't digress into how pathetic you are, because frankly all you are is some nobody on a poker forum, who doesn't even play poker.

Load Metric
    What I want to address is the misinformed and ignorant comments from this thread. And if you don't take it, I will go 1 by 1, through the entire thread and answer them all here. Mainly to prove you are nothing but haters, detractors, and internet forum trolls.

Here is the thread (post bust out hand) I am offering to answer anything from. Fire away!

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...n-Vegas-thread

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    did you have any well knowns at the table?
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    The real question is.... did anyone at the table realize they were sitting with one of the best players in the world?

Comments

DRK Star: Does the Pope shit in the woods

limitles: what a kidder
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Not at my 1st or 2nd table that I recognized. Although on my 2nd table there was a youngish black guy who looked more like a sports player type claiming he just won a WSOP event. He had probably 200 BBs/Deep at the time and was playing aggro/well. Never seen him though. I was listening to music and acted like I didn't hear it, but obv did.

The last table that I busted on, which was 3rd I got moved too in less than 3 hours, Shannon Shorr was in seat 1 with a whole lot of chips. The table I busted off of in Brasilia. He played ROCK with no physical tells, solid standardized betting patterns, and imo a very good player.

I didn't get in any hands with him though because I was only on that table 30-45mins mins until the AQ vs. Q10hh AQ10 flop bustout hand.
    Last edited by garrett; 06-18-2015 at 08:00 AM. Reason: 2nd table info

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

Sonatine I won't digress into how pathetic you are, because frankly all you are is some nobody on a poker forum, who doesn't even play poker.
    I dont know... you just spent a paycheck to go to Vegas and lose someone elses money.

Pretty sure your definition of pathetic could use some tuning up.

Hopefully this will help you get some perspective tho:

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    The real question is.... did anyone at the table realize they were sitting with one of the best players in the world?
    lol that is our secret...

I need more volume, I wasn't outplayed honestly at all. I am very happy with how I played but will admit the lack of WSOP big feild experience and the frequency in which tables were breaking so early, did catch me off guard. I'll be ready for that next time.

Hindsight being 20/20 I had a great table draw on my 1st table and if I had known the frequency in which tables can/will break at a WSOP big feild liek that I would have actually played a more LAG style in certain spots, where I went for value bets instead.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If you entered this $1k wsop tourney 20 times: how many times do you think you'd cash? And for how much (expected roi)?

Comments

Daredevil: You think 20 times is quantitative?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    If you entered this $1k wsop tourney 20 times: how many times do you think you'd cash? And for how much (expected roi)?
    Easy 15-20%, I would safely say over a certain sample 15% (to be safe) but my upside is more.

Load Metric
    Why were you so short to begin with?

Were you only sitting waiting for big hands or were you making any attempts at picking up dead money from the late position? Typically having been in the chip range you were in the full extent of your tournament life, it means that you failed to be aggressive in the correct spots.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

Were you only sitting waiting for big hands or were you making any attempts at picking up dead money from the late position? Typically having been in the chip range you were in the full extent of your tournament life, it means that you failed to be aggressive in the correct spots.

The reason I went from ~6100 to 4800 was right before I got moved the 2nd time I got QQ EP and opened 3x, got 3bet to 1200 (iirc or close) flatted tight amateurish guy so far. Flop came JJK I had QQ, I lead out ~40% of pot, he raises me. I folded QQ there on JJK flop, and then I got moved to brasilia on a table with Shorr+other all young players with ALOT of chips, oddly I would bet the guy I busted too and Shorr at that point in tourney, were both top 20 chip stacks in the tourney.

But I went down from ~6100 to the 4800 before the table move from pavilion to brasilia with QQ on a JJK flop (rainbow)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    As far as what ROI, it's obviously a guess but with these big fields you need to catch the topside of the variance so playing a more aggressive/loose approach at certain points would push up that ROI boundary some. I wouldn't be unprofitable, again I was very surprised at the amount of people busting in the 1st 2 hours playing incredibly standard/bad. Their is lots of dead money in these.

Given the right opportunity I would say no less than 20% ROI over only a 20 tournament sample with the topside being more.

I am shooting from the hip in this thread so to keep it honest.

Load Metric
    Was the temp in the room consistent?

Did they have waitresses walking around asking to get people drinks?

What would you compare the BO of the players around you to?

How many people wore Pokerstars or Fulltilt gear to the tables?

Ed Hardy or Affliction, or any other really douchey shirts?

quality of food within 5 minutes of poker floor

bathroom accessibility

How organized was it on a scale of 1-10

what would you improve?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

The reason I went from ~6100 to 4800 was right before I got moved the 2nd time I got QQ EP and opened 3x, got 3bet to 1200 (iirc or close) flatted tight amateurish guy so far. Flop came JJK I had QQ, I lead out ~40% of pot, he raises me. I folded QQ there on JJK flop, and then I got moved to brasilia on a table with Shorr+other all young players with ALOT of chips, oddly I would bet the guy I busted too and Shorr at that point in tourney, were both top 20 chip stacks in the tourney.

But I went down from ~6100 to the 4800 before the table move from pavilion to brasilia with QQ on a JJK flop (rainbow)
    You sort of should have jammed there preflop.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You sort of should have jammed there preflop.
    Yeah, like you should have jammed your AK pre vs Racener.

Comments

anonamoose: yeah like i said, i've discussed this with people a little more in the know than you and i haven't had a single person agree with your opinion, but go on chunk your chips off with a drawing hand in a subpar spot.

Load Metric
    I feel like answering this from my experience as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    No, one day it was burning up the next it was freezing. Day to day it changed while I was there

The worst experience I had was during the 3k. I saw someone every hour-ish. During Colossus and other events it was about every 5 minutes.

Most people didn't smell that I encountered

None, but Jimmy Fricke did claim to have seen someone wearing a UB hoody during a break and confronted him about it.

about 1 in 20 people

you can order good food from All American Dave and have it quickly. I didn't check out the poker kitchen at all but it didn't really seem like people were utilizing it.

bathroom accessibility
    shitty during really busy events, but if you go outside the amazon room that was usually the quickest because a lot of people didn't realize you could go out there.

what would you improve?
    the 1k hu satellite was a fucking mess.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post

bathroom accessibility

what would you improve?
    Temperature in both pavilion and brasilia was comfortable. I had a long sleeve t-shirt in the backpack in case it was too cold over many hours but did not need it.

The waiters/waitresses always had Red Bulls and waters on the tray but were taking orders for w.e obviously, but always had a tray full of waters and Red Bulls.

I saw actually 0 people wearing Full Tilt or Pokerstars gear, at all anywhere in the Rio the couple days I was there. I didn't even think about that untill you just mentioned it. I did see a lot of other random more U.S centric logos being worn though. The runitonce (iirc) and RunItUp gear. They also had stands right outside of the main rooms where they sold/advertised their gear. So maybe people were buying it and wearing it not sure.

Did see some affliction stuff on randos. none of the bigger name players you all would know were wearing any of that stuff

Quality food within 5 minutes, I guess the poker kitchen but I didn't even go in there, ate a big breakfast so I wouldn't need to worry about food until dinner break. But the poker kitchen is right there. Wasn't very busy the times I saw it again but never walked in there and took notice of the offerings..

Bathroom accessibility was decent, the WSOp does a phenomenal job of obviously staggering the breaks, so when the 1k was on break at 2pm the monster stack break was at 3pm so the lines weren't so bad. I ran up to the 'Hash House a go go' to get a little walk and think, as well as a shorter line and it was shorter. Bathroom was a non issue since the WSOP factors in staggering bathroom breaks. That was nice.

WSOP did a great job of organization, for the amount of different events at the same time happening, everything from coordinated staggered bathroom breaks etc the WSOP did a phenomenal job coordinating and running these events. Which obviously didn't surprise me and was expected. Awesome!

What would I improve, if you mean relative to my play I now know the frequency in which tables can break early <~5-6 hours in a big field relatively small buy in event like this 1k was. I will factor that in moving forward and take more risks early, to pile chips. So when I got moved from a table where the big stack only had 18k, and ~6k wasn't difficult to play with, I wold have enough chips to be effective no matter how deep the table I got moved to is.

I think that covers most of it, good questions!

Thread Information