Thread: Belief in God & Critical Thinking butt heads.....408?

Silver
    Load Metric

Belief in God & Critical Thinking butt heads.....408?

Pretty interesting article about critical thinking and religious beliefs.

http://news.discovery.com/human/reli...ng-120426.html

Load Metric
    "For example, one question asked, "A bat and a ball cost $1.10 in total. The bat costs $1.00 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?" Without thinking, many people guess 10 cents, even though a little bit of quick math shows that the correct answer is five."

Sorry I stopped here, reading the question above they miss a very obvious answer-people arriving at .10$ are too stupid to be alive and should be exluded from forming any kind of opinions on their own and, therefore, are to be excluded from any kind of intelligence gathering on topics related to religion and the average intelligence of the faithful in our society.

I may not be swinging a 130+ iq like druff or sonatine but I'll be damned if I'm lumped in with the keyboard droolers in our society. That is exactly what you are trying to do, and the very fact that you are in actuality shows your balls just a bit.

Thinking critically here, which one of us is more or less likely to convince the other of anything related to God?
    Keeping the obvious answer in mind, which one of us then is thinking most critically? The atheist attempting to convert or the christian living his life and hoping to not have to defend his beliefs day in and day out?

Brb, I just forwarded some christian friends the article and suddenly a big group are heading to sports authority to find out why they got fucked on some stuff they bought. Something about baseballs and being ripped off or something, get at you soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    "For example, one question asked, "A bat and a ball cost $1.10 in total. The bat costs $1.00 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?" Without thinking, many people guess 10 cents, even though a little bit of quick math shows that the correct answer is five."

Sorry I stopped here, reading the question above they miss a very obvious answer-people arriving at .10$ are too stupid to be alive and should be exluded from forming any kind of opinions on their own and, therefore, are to be excluded from any kind of intelligence gathering on topics related to religion and the average intelligence of the faithful in our society.

I may not be swinging a 130+ iq like druff or sonatine but I'll be damned if I'm lumped in with the keyboard droolers in our society. That is exactly what you are trying to do, and the very fact that you are in actuality shows your balls just a bit.

Thinking critically here, which one of us is more or less likely to convince the other of anything related to God?
    Keeping the obvious answer in mind, which one of us then is thinking most critically? The atheist attempting to convert or the christian living his life and hoping to not have to defend his beliefs day in and day out?

Brb, I just forwarded some christian friends the article and suddenly a big group are heading to sports authority to find out why they got fucked on some stuff they bought. Something about baseballs and being ripped off or something, get at you soon.
    Really? When was the last time a couple of Atheists in black pants and white shirts and riding bikes knocked on your door seeking to convert you? Perhaps you've run into some Atheists standing outside the donut shop handing out pamphlets trying to convert you? Wait maybe you saw some tele-atheists on TV trying to convert you by sending in your hard earned dollars? If you are trying to make an argument for live and let live then you and your Christian brothers need to be first in line.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post

Sorry I stopped here, reading the question above they miss a very obvious answer-people arriving at .10$ are too stupid to be alive
    .05 is the answer???? FUCK! I thought for sure the answer was gravity, oh well my distilled math just isn't as sharp as it used to be...

I choose 408 over god any day of the week.... 408>Baby Jesus

Thread Information