Thread: lol ebay

Load Metric

lol ebay

Comments

smithbk: Forever Young rep
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    LOL

I will occasionally buy still but haven't sold anything on ebay in years due to their large fees. I used to sell a shitload back in the day but them greedy fucks make it impossible to be profitable anymore to a point people will risk getting mugged meeting some random on craiglist to make a sale.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    LOL

I will occasionally buy still but haven't sold anything on ebay in years due to their large fees. I used to sell a shitload back in the day but them greedy fucks make it impossible to be profitable anymore to a point people will risk getting mugged meeting some random on craiglist to make a sale.
    The best thing in the world that could happen as far as eBay goes is if the shareholders make them spin off paypal. You take paypal out of the core business and its a zero growth business. That would force them to start to make many of the changes the buyers/sellers have been asking for over the past 8 years.

Comments

Sanlmar: Straight talk, paypal mafia rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    LOL

The best thing in the world that could happen as far as eBay goes is if the shareholders make them spin off paypal. You take paypal out of the core business and its a zero growth business. That would force them to start to make many of the changes the buyers/sellers have been asking for over the past 8 years.
    well,..paypal has separated. every change ebay makes doesn't make anything better. they only stick it to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    eBay sucks for so many reasons.

Also, lol @ their interface which basically hasn't changed since 2001.

They made a really obnoxious change recently. You are now charged $1 for every listing of less than 5 days length. This is terrible, because this punishes people who sell things with expiration dates, as well as people who want to sell something quickly and get it overwith.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    eBay sucks for so many reasons.

Also, lol @ their interface which basically hasn't changed since 2001.

They made a really obnoxious change recently. You are now charged $1 for every listing of less than 5 days length. This is terrible, because this punishes people who sell things with expiration dates, as well as people who want to sell something quickly and get it overwith.
    i saw this...i can only imagine the round table executive discussion that led to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    http://www.ehackingnews.com/2014/05/...y-in-ebay.html

if you were as confused as I was by the original post

Load Metric
    No confusion about how bad ebay sucks.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I posted this in the other thread, but i didn't see this thread and figured it would be just as relevant here.

Ebay is useless, haven't even logged in a long time. fees drove me away. Craigslist is starting to become useless. If craigslist doesn't do something soon, they will become irrelevant. Why do I say this?

Facebook groups. They are the "new craigslist". And it's soooo much better.

Ive bought and sold multiple items for free and with ease. Unlike Craigs, you can scroll through items instantly while on FB, You have a view of who you are dealing with, can of course message back and forth instantly, and lets face it...who doesn't use facebook these days. Many people still don't even know about them, but its only a matter of time before word spreads. most cities around me have a buy sell group with thousands of members. There are even groups for specific categories. The only thing that depends on what groups are out there is if someone sets it up or not and maintains it. The only thing I can't see the groups being optimal for is for buying/selling certain specialty items that people don't normally search for, which would be better advertised on a site like ebay which reaches a much larger audience.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    LOL

Paypal and eBay are already in the process of splitting, if they haven't already.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    I posted this in the other thread, but i didn't see this thread and figured it would be just as relevant here.

Ebay is useless, haven't even logged in a long time. fees drove me away. Craigslist is starting to become useless. If craigslist doesn't do something soon, they will become irrelevant. Why do I say this?

Facebook groups. They are the "new craigslist". And it's soooo much better.

Ive bought and sold multiple items for free and with ease. Unlike Craigs, you can scroll through items instantly while on FB, You have a view of who you are dealing with, can of course message back and forth instantly, and lets face it...who doesn't use facebook these days. Many people still don't even know about them, but its only a matter of time before word spreads. most cities around me have a buy sell group with thousands of members. There are even groups for specific categories. The only thing that depends on what groups are out there is if someone sets it up or not and maintains it. The only thing I can't see the groups being optimal for is for buying/selling certain specialty items that people don't normally search for, which would be better advertised on a site like ebay which reaches a much larger audience.

I see a lot of ripoffs on some of my facebook marketplaces.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I collect certain rock concert posters made by particular artists.

Im in a few poster collector groups on Facebook and what usually happens on these is someone will get a poster at a show for say $60, then try to either "Flip it" (sell it for a profit) or raffle it off. If they can sell it for $100, they sell it via paypal Friends and Family. OR, they hold a raffle where they sell 11 tickets at $10 a piece (so they guarantee themselves $110). These get shady as hell, as people will pick up maybe 4-5 great posters, then tuck in about 6-10 posters that are mediocre to crap, and then raffle them all off to get rid of the ones they cant sell. They end up overvaluing some of them and its really hard to figure out what is worth what (plus, they throw in "mystery" posters...more crap they cant sell so they package them up).

Some people on here will flat out rip you off. They create a FB name, then dispose of it. No way to track the person down. Be careful with these FB groups.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

I see a lot of ripoffs on some of my facebook marketplaces.
    Im sure there are. It's bound to happen anywhere

At least with the groups, you basically meet the person face to face (because they are local) and have an opportunity to look at the item before handing over the $

I can totally see where ripoffs can still occur though, I.E. laptops etc

In any case, at least you know who this person is etc etc, and can easily post his info on the group if he scams you. Odds are that enough people will see it (some may even know the person) and the person might be pressured to make good. Ive seen it happen a couple of times in the groups im in. But yeah, nothing is foolproof though.

Load Metric
    i have an ebay store and do around 25 sales a week there. it works great for me, sure the fees suck but you are paying a premium for the sheer traffic they get. plus obv the fees and odd paypal scam are factored into my selling prices.

you have to find a really niche market for ebay. the days of trying to sell phone chargers ended about a decade ago.

the biggest threat i see for ebay is facebook groups. alot of scamming activity in the groups i follow too. probably some point in the future facebook introduce fees for buy/sell groups (disguised by some kind of buyer protection)

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    i have an ebay store and do around 25 sales a week there. it works great for me, sure the fees suck but you are paying a premium for the sheer traffic they get. plus obv the fees and odd paypal scam are factored into my selling prices.

you have to find a really niche market for ebay. the days of trying to sell phone chargers ended about a decade ago.

the biggest threat i see for ebay is facebook groups. alot of scamming activity in the groups i follow too. probably some point in the future facebook introduce fees for buy/sell groups (disguised by some kind of buyer protection)

Yup, I can totally see them doing this. They are going to charge any possible way they can for just about anything, since they supposedly made a vow not to ever charge a monthly fee to use facebook.
    Shit, they even charge if you want to send a message to someone (not on your friends list) and have the message go to the regular folder and not the "other" folder; how ridiculous.

Thread Information