Thread: APB ....SERIOUS BIZNESS ....Attention seeking troll needs your help, OMFG!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

APB ....SERIOUS BIZNESS ....Attention seeking troll needs your help, OMFG!

We'll not really but I did do a boo-boo.

House and dog sitting for my sister for a week and I have the use

of her "luxury"Lincoln Mark X SUV.

She has a single garage that is so tight only one side can exit once

inside. While backing out yesterday I hear an ugly scraping sound

and sure enough I scratched it on a cabinet door pull.

So I bought some cut polish and a match up paint thingy.

Any tips on using this shit? Should I tell her there's bad news about the dog first and then the truth?

Flame away..............

Comments

IamGreek: I suggest hari-kari

Load Metric
    She probably expected worse coming home so I would not worry.

Comments

Corrigan: lol

simpdog: sfthis

Dan Druff: best response without even reading the others

BUBBLES: lol

Gold
    Load Metric
    Put jizz-like substance on a rag (shouldn't be much of a departure for you).

Firmly rub in circles until fuckup goes away or "is as good as it's gonna get".

Wipe excess jizz-like substance from car (and your mouth).

Grab touchup paint and vigorously jerk it up and down.

Apply touchup like it's fingernail polish, in several thin coats.

Don't overdo the touchup.

Get a better cell phone.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    Put jizz-like substance on a rag (shouldn't be much of a departure for you).

Firmly rub in circles until fuckup goes away or "is as good as it's gonna get".

Wipe excess jizz-like substance from car (and your mouth).

Grab touchup paint and vigorously jerk it up and down.

Apply touchup like it's fingernail polish, in several thin coats.

Don't overdo the touchup.

Get a better cell phone.

Much appreciated, sounds right to me except I have no experience with fingernail polish, so if you

or one of the other "boys" here could post a video showing how you apply each day I'd be grateful.

Also, I assume that if I overdo the nail polish I can cut that down as well?

Hell, it might be easier to get rid of the dog.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

I guess by overdo, what I meant was make sure you aren't painting over any existing, undamaged areas. That makes the touchup look like shit. Essentially, stay inside the lines. You're using a single-stage touchup (I assume), and the car has a basecoat/clearcoat finish. When you're touching it up you're basically camouflaging the damage so you don't notice is as much. It's extremely tough to exactly match touchup to factory paint, even if you're using OEM touchup paint (variances in color mixing, etc.) So your goal is to camouflage it as best you can, without making it look obvious that you did a shitty touchup job.

Some rubbing compounds do a good job of knocking excess paint down, others don't. You'd have better luck with some 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper (wet, obv) and then use rubbing compound as a second step. If you leave runs and/or drips, you did it wrong.

I'll defer to OSA on the application of fingernail polish part.

Load Metric
    my advice is that you should eat all the polish and then report back

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

I guess by overdo, what I meant was make sure you aren't painting over any existing, undamaged areas. That makes the touchup look like shit. Essentially, stay inside the lines. You're using a single-stage touchup (I assume), and the car has a basecoat/clearcoat finish. When you're touching it up you're basically camouflaging the damage so you don't notice is as much. It's extremely tough to exactly match touchup to factory paint, even if you're using OEM touchup paint (variances in color mixing, etc.) So your goal is to camouflage it as best you can, without making it look obvious that you did a shitty touchup job.

Some rubbing compounds do a good job of knocking excess paint down, others don't. You'd have better luck with some 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper (wet, obv) and then use rubbing compound as a second step. If you leave runs and/or drips, you did it wrong.

I'll defer to OSA on the application of fingernail polish part.
    Well the week of doggy and house sitting is about up and I'm going to have to face the music(still would have told her anyway)

Before I got started on the job I took another look at the rubbing compound recommended by the shop guy and it said it was for heavily worn/faded surfaces. I tod the dude it was a 2009 when we looked for a paint match up but that's what he suggested.

So I try to exchange/returning two days later and a new person says, oh wow, yeah that's not meant for a newish car and so she points out two other products, a soft cut polish and application pads and takes me to the till.

When I ask her if she discounted the returned cut polish she said no she didn't realize I bought it there and btw there are no returns without receipt, which I lost as per norm. I said I was in just two days ago, there must be a record of the purchase when some fatass from the back says "the invoice clearly states no refund without the official receipt". So the girl knows what's coming and says the manager will be in tomorrow if you'd like to speak to him, which I do.

Long story almost over, I find the receipt....YES!.....I call the Ford/Lincoln dealership and find the exact colour code for the paint and see that the touch up paint I bought was not a true match, so I head back to the parts place and kindly ask for a refund and no one said a word. tbc

Thread Information