Thread: Dutch's Book is Out

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric

Dutch's Book is Out

I thought it wasn't coming out until next month, but Dutch Boyd Tweeted today that his "Poker Tilt" is available on Amazon. It's one of those books that I wouldn't mind peeking at but absolutely refuse to pay a penny for, both because of his previous antics and also since there's a real chance that Lord Voldemason will try to attach the proceeds in the wake of his appellate win last week.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by haleylh View Post
    I thought it wasn't coming out until next month, but Dutch Boyd Tweeted today that his "Poker Tilt" is available on Amazon. It's one of those books that I wouldn't mind peeking at but absolutely refuse to pay a penny for, both because of his previous antics and also since there's a real chance that Lord Voldemason will try to attach the proceeds in the wake of his appellate win last week.
    He's also asking $23 for it, not a chance in hell I'd pay that since it will be selling in used book stores for a penny in a few months. I think if it was $10 I'd buy it
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by haleylh View Post
    These are both great points.

Dutch should have attached his book sales to some sort of gimmick where he will use 50% of the proceeds to pay back PokerSpot people, and put that money in some kind of fund he can't touch. That might actually increase sales, too.

But now that Mason has a $60k judgment against him, all he has to do is find Dutch's bank accounts (not too hard to do if you're skilled at it) and he can easily garnish whatever is in them.

So yeah, there is some chance that you will be paying Mason, and if you don't want Mason getting your money (I know I don't), then a purchase of Dutch's book would be a mistake.

I will say that Mason probably still won't be able to collect, as he won't know exactly when Amazon pays Dutch, and provided Dutch quickly withdraws the money (or simply gets a check from Amazon and cashes it), he won't be able to touch it. Dutch is probably smart enough to realize this, but you never know.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, and if you just want to read parts of it, you can do that for free on Amazon.

Go here: http://www.amazon.com/Poker-Tilt-Dut...rds=poker+tilt ... and just click on the book.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Name:  bigdance.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  28.3 KB

big dance.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by superallah View Post
    Name:  bigdance.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  28.3 KB

big dance.
    Not that factual accuracy has ever been important to Mr. Boyd, but back before "poker was cool", ie. when you told people you played poker in card rooms they looked at you with disdain and assumed (probably correctly) that you were a degenerate gambler, the WSOP was held mid-April through mid-May, not "in the summer".

Silver
    Load Metric
    Name:  certainty.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  42.6 KB

close to 100% certainty.

Thread Information