Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micon going to Twitter war against Negreanu

Load Metric

Micon going to Twitter war against Negreanu

Hey guys, just got off work (6p-3a shift sucks fucking balls btw) and went to my twitter feed to get some lolz before bed. Saw some pretty juicy stuff from Micon who is just obsessed with the topic of Choice Center which is that dumbass cult Negreanu is involved.

I mean dont get me wrong, Im 100% in Micons corner here. I think the shit is a scam too. But Micon has a real hardon for this Choice Center thing that I cant really explain.

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 8h
    When people open up to each other, get real, and get vulnerable, what typically happens is a much closer connection and bond. It's science.

Bryan Micon ‏@BryanMicon 4h
    @RealKidPoker you are not allowed to use the word "science" until further notice.

Seriously though, with @RealKidPoker staking everyone he knows in @ChoiceCenter, rational thinkers need to push back w/ #TeamScience

I do hope some of you poker players speak up when it comes to topics like ChoiceCenter. Realize there is a large recruitment still ongoing.

@unta8 oh if you didn't know @RealKidPoker stakes just about everyone he knows in @ChoiceCenter

I heard DN & Choice pushed the WSOP to do a "Dealer's Choiceament"
    Structure sheet says to scream at the dealer about his mother

Dont get that last one, I hope its not a dig against Negreanus dead mom cuz that would be real low. Negreanu just ignored Micon but prob hates his guts.

Load Metric
    So you're saying that micon had some real Choice Words for Danny? Name:  rimshot.gif
Views: 818
Size:  5.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Micon is even relevant in 2014? LOL

Load Metric
    Daniel Negreanu is a true believer in this Choice Center bullshit.
    Probably because he was able to bang a couple of semi-hot girls from there.

Yes it's brain-washing and a scam, but Negreanu's got millions of dollars and he has to blow it on something.

Still it's amazing how many professional poker players believe this bullshit.
    Such as Phil Hellmuth, Jennifer Harman, and quite a few other well known poker pro's.

If Negreanu offered Micon FREE WEED then he would a true believer too.

Load Metric
    "But Micon has a real hardon for this Choice Center thing that I cant really explain."

Love this part. 95% of your posts on this site are about Micon. You only ever show when it involves Micon in some way. Your hardon for him is like nobody else's.

Would also say there's 20-25% chance that you're a Druff dupe.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    I post about Micon a lot but no way its 90 pct. Ive posted my story before, not anyones dupe. I dont hate Micon, just am always finding lolz in stuff he does. I will call into radio one of these days about the silkroad shit, but its tough cuz Im usually at work when its on. I thought the Negreanu hate was worth posting, sorry if u think it was uninteresting.

Load Metric
    DN is so beta.

Comments

4Dragons: well when you're right, you're right.

sonatine: kid is fedorable

Load Metric
    Looks like Micon is trying to gain some relevance before the WSOP kicks off. I'm a conspiracy theorists so I'm going to chalk it up to him trying to instigate some drama so he may get some camera time on ESPN for his "sponsor" patches. At the end of the day, Micon doesn't live in the same universe as Negreanu.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Looks like Micon is trying to gain some relevance before the WSOP kicks off. I'm a conspiracy theorists so I'm going to chalk it up to him trying to instigate some drama so he may get some camera time on ESPN for his "sponsor" patches. At the end of the day, Micon doesn't live in the same universe as Negreanu.
    Micon does stuff like this because he believes in it. If you follow him on Twitter, you'll see him going on about similar issues pretty often. These days he's super interested in technology and shouting down religion and pseudoscience. Choice Center in particular is something he's been vocal about from the beginning.

That said, I no longer agree with the idea that Choice Center is a cult or a scam. There's probably better ways to spend your money if you want to really work on your emotional/psychological health, but from what I understand of Choice Center there's nothing harmful about it.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Micon does stuff like this because he believes in it. If you follow him on Twitter, you'll see him going on about similar issues pretty often. These days he's super interested in technology and shouting down religion and pseudoscience. Choice Center in particular is something he's been vocal about from the beginning.

That said, I no longer agree with the idea that Choice Center is a cult or a scam. There's probably better ways to spend your money if you want to really work on your emotional/psychological health, but from what I understand of Choice Center there's nothing harmful about it.

Hey, congrats on your recruitment level 2 braj.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Heh. The original tweet that Micon responds to mentions allowing yourself to be vulnerable. Daniel told me about this the last time I saw him, and how refreshing it is to open up to people and put everything out there. I told him that sounds terrifying. Revealing your most personal issues and deepest secrets to a group of relative strangers may be theraputic to some, but it's certainly not something I'm ready for. Not only that, but taking such a hard look at yourself in the mirror. That sort of intense introspection is even heavier.

No, I don't think Choice Center is for me.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I think I've been thru the choice centre program before from the description. Like 15 years ago when I used to take ecstacy and rave all night. Was first thing that popped in my head when reading Neg's tweet.

Load Metric
    I think I've been thru the choice centre program before from the description. Like 15 years ago when I used to take ecstacy and rave all night. Was first thing that popped in my head when reading Neg's tweet.
    X-rave kid rep

Load Metric
    Heh. The original tweet that Micon responds to mentions allowing yourself to be vulnerable. Daniel told me about this the last time I saw him, and how refreshing it is to open up to people and put everything out there. I told him that sounds terrifying. Revealing your most personal issues and deepest secrets to a group of relative strangers may be theraputic to some, but it's certainly not something I'm ready for. Not only that, but taking such a hard look at yourself in the mirror. That sort of intense introspection is even heavier.

No, I don't think Choice Center is for me.
    yaaaa.... That's literally Manson's mantra..... It's 100% a scam sir. If they were out to just help people they wouldn't be asking for the amounts of money they do; or have different levels of how awesome you get which is based on how many "classes/seminars" you have taken which BTW are not free. What would be absolutely beautiful would be if DN was in on the scam. It would make me all warm inside.

Load Metric
    Ecstacy is a lot cheaper too

Comments

DJ_Chaps: yep

big dick: best drug ever rep

nunbeater: gettin etarded rep
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric

Being There ... Peter Sellers (Pink Panther fame)

Chance (Peter Sellers) is a middle-aged man who lives in the townhouse of an old, wealthy man in Washington, D.C. He is simple-minded and has lived there his whole life, tending the garden. Other than gardening, his knowledge is derived entirely from what he sees on television. When his benefactor dies, Chance is forced to leave and discovers the outside world for the first time.

Chance's simplistic utterances about gardens and the weather are interpreted as allegorical statements about business and the state of the economy. He quickly rises to national public prominence.

Micon, the middle aged grinder, spent his life on the felt & in his bedroom - all his knowledge is derived from the Discovery Channel & Reddit

Load Metric
    from what I understand of Choice Center there's nothing harmful about it.

A lot of these groups end up fouling out because they use totally legitimate, established, healthy therapeutic methods then sweep in and run game on their members once they are broken down and vulnerable. Whats more, some of them use these methods in a way that is manifestly unhealthy because of a total lack of credentialed over-site, and/or implementation in wholly inappropriate circumstances.

CIA mind control turned into EST turned into Scientology turned into Landmark turned into Choice, so on. Im leaving out some hops there but you get the idea.

Im lucky, I grew up in an era when the Moonies were out in force so we were inoculated against cult ideology pretty fast. Tons of herbs these days have no exposure to predatory psychology so they end up totally wrapped up in this shit. Landmark is particularly egregious in the way they prey on people. I assume Choice is just Landmark, repackaged with a lower tone and a slightly less high impact marketing scheme.

Comments

El Gallo: The man preaches the truth people
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    from what I understand of Choice Center there's nothing harmful about it.

A lot of these groups end up fouling out because they use totally legitimate, established, healthy therapeutic methods then sweep in and run game on their members once they are broken down and vulnerable. Whats more, some of them use these methods in a way that is manifestly unhealthy because of a total lack of credentialed over-site, and/or implementation in wholly inappropriate circumstances.

CIA mind control turned into EST turned into Scientology turned into Landmark turned into Choice, so on. Im leaving out some hops there but you get the idea.

Im lucky, I grew up in an era when the Moonies were out in force so we were inoculated against cult ideology pretty fast. Tons of herbs these days have no exposure to predatory psychology so they end up totally wrapped up in this shit. Landmark is particularly egregious in the way they prey on people. I assume Choice is just Landmark, repackaged with a lower tone and a slightly less high impact marketing scheme.
    Scientology preceded CIA mind control. Google "project Babalon"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is my thread from a year ago about Choice Center: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...ed-with-a-cult

Fortunately I re-hosted the Choice Center application (posted by Micon), because otherwise it would be gone, with DD being DD at the moment.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is the most relevant thing I wrote last year about Choice Center:

Leadership seminars by themselves are not a bad thing.

There are plenty of legitimate ones, especially ones that are more directed at the business world than people's personal lives.

However, from what I can gather from Choice Center, they are running a really expensive "Large Group Awareness Training" course, in two parts -- "Discovery" and "Breakthrough". The first two parts don't appear to be particularly cult-like, and seem to be mostly encouraging psychobabble to supposedly make people discover things about themselves and change their lives.

The scam/cult aspect seems to be the third part -- "Leadership Legacy". Even Nick Binger, a proud graduate of Choice Center, was skeptical about this part. Basically, a certain percentage of the Discovery/Breakthrough "graduates" move on to the "Leadership Legacy" course. This course extends over 3 months, and puts high pressure on its participants to recruit friends and family.

I think I understand what they're doing here.

They are providing an overpriced "self-improvement" course to suckers in the first two parts. Knowing that only some will walk away feeling like it changed their lives, these initial courses are the "weeders" to see which people are really willing to cheerlead for Choice Center for the long haul. Those who are iffy about the whole thing are likely to drop out at this point. The more enthusiastic graduates move on to "Leadership Legacy", where it is assumed that they are already drunk on Choice Center kool-aid, and are therefore easy to use to recruit others at that point.

This is actually a common scam tactic -- testing potential victims for susceptibility before investing time and effort into conning them. Even Nigerian scammers do this. When you get those Nigerian e-mails asking for your banking info, you might think they're looking to steal directly out of your account, but that's not what they're doing. They are trying to identify the suckers dumb enough to provide that information, figuring they will be easy marks.

Choice Center is likely not directly scamming anyone, but rather convincing depressed, lonely, and downtrodden people that their lives have been changed by the program, and then in turn use these people as free recruiters. They especially love public figures such as Negreanu and Esfandiari, as their recruitment carries a lot more weight than the average unknown Joe.

What about the charity aspect? That is probably legitimate, but it's attached exactly for that reason -- to provide legitimacy. This way Choice Center has an immediate answer when their motive are questioned: "Look at all the money we raised for charity!"

Anyone who thinks that Choice Center isn't complete garbage just needs to look at the "Leadership Legacy" segment, where members are pressed to recruit. Legitimate leadership seminars do not behave in such a fashion.

Thread Information