Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio clips of Byron Smith killing 2 teens released - psycho alert!

Platinum
    Load Metric

Audio clips of Byron Smith killing 2 teens released - psycho alert!

Yeah, he even recorded the murders

This guy is truly a nut case psycho if I have ever seen one.

Cliffs:

-2 teens broke into his home. He audio recorded the whole thing. (who knows why)

-He executed them. Not self defense. Executed. Almost with a tinge of Tony Montana-esque style to it.
    -apparently even used two weapons because one jammed (you will hear him say "sorry" to her after the first shot as he is switching weapons!)
    -He even dragged the bodies on a tarp so they wouldn't stain his carpet and he kept them in the basement overnight because he "didn't want to bother the police on Thanksgiving"!

-Minnesota jury found Byron Smith guilty of first degree premeditated murder

-Believe me, I am ALL for self defense to protect yourself, home and family. This was anything but that. Apparently he set the whole thing up. They voluntarily broke in, but the rest was clearly set up

Audio clips have been heavily edited and compressed for time. Audio timeframe has been condensed and does not reflect actual timeframe of the shots. According to court transcripts, the space between the sequence of events and shots was much longer. Warning - this is pretty chilling. You are actually listening to audio clips of two people literally being executed and their bodies dragged.

(the actual clips start at about the 4:00 mark)

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1773270

A Minnesota man who gunned down two teens who broke into his home was found guilty of murdering the unarmed intruders he likened to “vermin.”

A jury took just three hours Tuesday afternoon to find Byron Smith, 65, guilty of the Thanksgiving Day 2012 slayings of Haile Kifer, 18, and Nick Brady, 17. Audio clips of the shootings were captured by a recording system the man had rigged up to capture the burglars in the act.

The Little Falls jury of six men and six women, in a small town 100 miles northwest of Minneapolis along the Mississippi River, found Smith guilty of premeditated first-degree murder and second-degree murder in the deaths of the two teens.

During closing arguments Tuesday, prosecutor Pete Orput likened the killings to deer hunting from a tree stand as he outlined the preparations Smith took before slaying the teens: he stocked up on water, snacks, extra ammo, a book and a tarp in his basement, and even moved his truck away from his home to make it appear he was away.

As Orput showed the courtroom a picture of the chair where Smith waited, he said, “That’s the deer stand, right there.”

The audio recordings, taken from his bugged basement, seemed to hurt the man’s case. He appeared to take pleasure in the murders, prosecutors contended.

A 15-minute clip of the shooting includes the sounds of the teens getting gunned down and Smith dragging their bodies in a tarp to keep their blood from staining his carpet.

Smith can be heard apparently toying with his victims, saying, “You’re dead,” after firing a fatal shot in one wounded victim.

The man didn’t tell a neighbor about the incident until the next day.

Smith faces life in prison without the possibility of parole.
    Last edited by Gordman; 05-01-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

-2 teens broke into his home. He audio recorded the whole thing.

The audio recordings, taken from his bugged basement, seemed to hurt the man’s case.
    I haven't followed this but the wording confuses me. If his basement were "bugged" wouldn't that mean someone else put the microphone there. He is obv off the reservation but how can a murder committed against people who broke into his house be considered premeditated?

Banned
    Load Metric
    There was a similar thread on PFA a few years ago, where several people here passionately argued that you should be able to execute anyone that breaks into your home in any gruesome fashion you please, in the name of self defense.

IIRC, Chuckles may have been one of them.

Comments

shortbuspoker: Chuck the lead gifting cabbie

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    There was a similar thread on PFA a few years ago, where several people here passionately argued that you should be able to execute anyone that breaks into your home in any gruesome fashion you please, in the name of self defense.

I don't remember that thread, but I believe you.

Personally I believe it is 100% ok to shoot first and ask questions later if someone breaks into your home, as you don't exactly have time to stop and ask them if they have violent intentions.

However, if you have already gotten control of the situation, you obviously shouldn't shoot them at that point. You should call the police and hold them there.

I will say that I wouldn't feel guilty about shooting intruders as soon as I saw them in the house, even if I found out later that they were unarmed and wouldn't have harmed anyone.

Gold
    Load Metric
    pretty crazy that anyone out there would think what this guy did was acceptable.

the kids were stupid as fuck and for sure if you break into someone's house they have the right to defend their home, but jesus christ listening to that recording when he executes that girl...

really in disbelief that this stupid bastard recorded the whole thing, cleaned up the murder scene, waited a day to let anybody know and thought he was going to be found not guilty?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

Personally I believe it is 100% ok to shoot first and ask questions later if someone breaks into your home, as you don't exactly have time to stop and ask them if they have violent intentions.

However, if you have already gotten control of the situation, you obviously shouldn't shoot them at that point. You should call the police and hold them there.

I will say that I wouldn't feel guilty about shooting intruders as soon as I saw them in the house, even if I found out later that they were unarmed and wouldn't have harmed anyone.
    http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...fied-or-Murder

Load Metric
    I don't get some part of this, did he like put an ad on craigslist or something telling people to go into his house? How do you set something like that up? He waited for it to happen like every day, including Thanksgiving, out on his deer stand? Did he get broken into recently before and this happend just after? I mean to set something like that up and then record it all is beyond nuts. That's some Hannibal Lector shit right there.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    I don't get some part of this, did he like put an ad on craigslist or something telling people to go into his house? How do you set something like that up? He waited for it to happen like every day, including Thanksgiving, out on his deer stand? Did he get broken into recently before and this happend just after? I mean to set something like that up and then record it all is beyond nuts. That's some Hannibal Lector shit right there.
    iirc his house had been broken into multiple times previously and he decided to make it look like no one was home hoping they would be tempted to break in again...who knows how many nights he sat around before it finally happened

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So he wouldn't have killed them if they didn't illegally enter his house?

Sounds like they could have avoided this whole situation if they hadn't broken the law in the first place.

Comments

BUBBLES:
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by zealanddonk View Post

Sounds like they could have avoided this whole situation if they hadn't broken the law in the first place.
    Two thieving pieces of shit dead and a crazy guy in prison. It's a win win for that community.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by zealanddonk View Post

If the crazy asshole didn't tape the whole thing he probably would have gotten away with it. I wondered about how the police knew so much about what had happened in the house and why the guy would tell a story like that because it just makes him look like a nutcase. Now that it comes out that he taped the whole thing makes a ton of sense. At the time when it came out I just thought it was odd that he kept the bodies and didn't call the cops. There was obv more to it than that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    The two kids were pill junkies. I would imagine he just left a trail of pills leading to the basement where he was waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Here is the trick he used to lure them in:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...fied-or-Murder
    6TP gold in that thread. I remember this was a pretty entertaining thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    I know it's an ugly case of two young lowlife criminals getting what they deserved but the liberal press will spin it to make this scum look like martyrs. That's probably why the innocent property owner didn't report it right away.

Anyway...he did the right thing.

Come try that at my home...I'll do the the same, then feed you to the animals so your Obama voting relatives will have nothing to bury.

I spit on young scum criminals.

The guy deserves a medal.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Platinum
    Load Metric
    When they broke into his house he had a right to defend himself and stop the threat. Like Druff said, you have no way of knowing if the intruder is armed.

If you break into my house, glass shattering and shit, with me present ...and I cannot make a decent assessment of how big of a threat you are and I feel I may be in danger, there is a pretty good likelihood that bullets will be flying.

However, pretty much everything he did beyond the first shot was cold blooded murder. Even if he had killed the first person, then called police immediately, he would have likely been acquitted. He waited for 10 minutes after he killed the first person, and then when the girl entered, he shot her...gun jammed..."oops, sorry about that"....grabs his other gun "oh, you're dying!" and continues firing at her even after she was clearly down. That is some cold fucking shit right there. I don't think he would have easily gotten away with it even if it wasn't recorded, since he decided to move the bodies, clean up, and call police the next day.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    When they broke into his house he had a right to defend himself and stop the threat. Like Druff said, you have no way of knowing if the intruder is armed.

If you break into my house, glass shattering and shit, with me present ...and I cannot make a decent assessment of how big of a threat you are and I feel I may be in danger, there is a pretty good likelihood that bullets will be flying.

However, pretty much everything he did beyond the first shot was cold blooded murder. Even if he had killed the first person, then called police immediately, he would have likely been acquitted. He waited for 10 minutes after he killed the first person, and then when the girl entered, he shot her...gun jammed..."oops, sorry about that"....grabs his other gun "oh, you're dying!" and continues firing at her even after she was clearly down. That is some cold fucking shit right there. I don't think he would have easily gotten away with it even if it wasn't recorded, since he decided to move the bodies, clean up, and call police the next day.
    TBH, he may get off on appeal if they just go by the letter of the law but this guy was doing time for this regardless, I mean, this was the girl:

Name:  byron25n-1-web.jpg
Views: 1981
Size:  117.2 KB
    sorry for size, taken from source.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Here is the trick he used to lure them in:

oooh piece of candy

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    I know it's an ugly case of two young lowlife criminals getting what they deserved but the liberal press will spin it to make this scum look like martyrs. That's probably why the innocent property owner didn't report it right away.

Anyway...he did the right thing.

Come try that at my home...I'll do the the same, then feed you to the animals so your Obama voting relatives will have nothing to bury.

I spit on young scum criminals.

The guy deserves a medal.
    Jesus fucking christ.

Load Metric
    has anyone heard from Yeb lately?

Load Metric
    Seriously though, how stupid was she? He killed the guy, which she had to hear the gunshots, and then minutes later she walks into the basement.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2190846.html

In the complaint, Smith said he was in his basement when he heard a window breaking upstairs, followed by footsteps that eventually approached the basement stairwell. Smith said he fired when Brady came into view from the waist down.

After the teen fell down the stairs, Smith said he shot him in the face as he lay on the floor.

"I want him dead," the complaint quoted Smith telling an investigator.

Smith said he dragged Brady's body into his basement workshop, then sat down on his chair. After a few minutes, Kifer began coming down the stairs and he shot her as soon as her hips appeared, he said.

After shooting her with both the Mini 14 and the .22-caliber revolver, he dragged her next to Brady. With her still gasping for air, he fired a shot under her chin "up into the cranium," the complaint says.

Thread Information