Page 78 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1704

Thread: Game of Meh

  1. #1541
    i thought the general consensus was that was snow, reflecting a premonition either about jon or the night king.

    did the books make clear that was ash?

  2. #1542
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    Are you incapable of seeing things as a whole? Of course there were moments people enjoyed, but the season was a plane heading towards a mountain and this last episode just tanked the entire thing to point of crash survivors turning to cannibalism. It's like seeing an attractive looking girl in a dark club only later to realize that it's actually a dude with a dick on closer inspection.
    nah, the fact that dany went crazy doesn't change the way people thought about prior episodes and that a ton of people have enjoyed this season as i've pointed out.

    lol at the dany heel turn causing everyone to get caught up in their feelings cause they're not getting the ending they like.
    Literally no one is surprised by Dany turning mad queen. That's been basically the biggest theory related to the show outside of r+l=j. Everyone has known that's been in play the entire show even if the writers flat out lie about it in post production commentary.

    The issue is that it was executed with the gracefulness of a WWE house show. The fact that you can accurately equate Dany going full mad queen to a "heel turn" is the problem.

  3. #1543
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

    nah, the fact that dany went crazy doesn't change the way people thought about prior episodes and that a ton of people have enjoyed this season as i've pointed out.

    lol at the dany heel turn causing everyone to get caught up in their feelings cause they're not getting the ending they like.
    Literally no one is surprised by Dany turning mad queen. That's been basically the biggest theory related to the show outside of r+l=j. Everyone has known that's been in play the entire show even if the writers flat out lie about it in post production commentary.

    The issue is that it was executed with the gracefulness of a WWE house show. The fact that you can accurately equate Dany going full mad queen to a "heel turn" is the problem.
    i didn't love it, but as a counterpoint, part of what's made GOT great is the surprises. if you all saw dany literally burning every civilian to the ground for no reason, more power to you. i didn't see that happening

    i also didn't think it was atrocious from a storyline perspective either, but to each his own i guess

  4. #1544
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5368
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,478
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post

    Literally no one is surprised by Dany turning mad queen. That's been basically the biggest theory related to the show outside of r+l=j. Everyone has known that's been in play the entire show even if the writers flat out lie about it in post production commentary.

    The issue is that it was executed with the gracefulness of a WWE house show. The fact that you can accurately equate Dany going full mad queen to a "heel turn" is the problem.
    i didn't love it, but as a counterpoint, part of what's made GOT great is the surprises. if you all saw dany literally burning every civilian to the ground for no reason, more power to you. i didn't see that happening

    i also didn't think it was atrocious from a storyline perspective either, but to each his own i guess

    no one saw her going ham on civilians, everyone who paid attention to the visions/prophesies saw her razing kings landing. that sort of thing.

    rephrase: im sure a lot of people expected her to go mad queen but the prophesies indicated clearly that someone sacked kings landing, be it her or night kings army. and the remainder of the visions/prophesies (in the show) implied strongly it wasnt NK.
    Last edited by sonatine; 05-14-2019 at 11:37 AM.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  5. #1545
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5368
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,478
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i thought the general consensus was that was snow, reflecting a premonition either about jon or the night king.

    did the books make clear that was ash?

    pretty sure its snow, revealing that someone (she of course) razed kings landing and has let in the snow, and that the snow is synonymous with not just winter obviously but more often the north. note that shes hesitant to touch the throne, perhaps because shes aware of the gravity of her actions.

    also note that my comments about the iron throne being buried are likely wrong.

    also if you go through the whole house of the undying visons/prophesy schtick, things do not look great for jon snow. we are told there will be three treasons against her;

    - witch who killed her bae [ blood betrayal ]
    - the slave pit master who worked with the harpys to poison her [ gold betrayal ]
    - ? = love betrayal

    i mean, it could be tyrion letting his brother go (she told him point blank if he fucks around again shes frying him and he fucked around again thinking offering her a bloodless path to the throne would get him off the hook, so gg tyrion) but thats hardly a treason.

    likely:

    drogon is an idiosyncrasy that has to be resolved for any sort of balance to return to the kingdom, and likely he's also developed a taste for scorched human flesh thanks to his mothers awesome impulse control.

    the one ending that seems like it can make any fucking sense at all is jon slays the dragon [ third betrayal, for love, because the dragon is the key to destroying winterfell / sansa / everyone else with a moral compass ], grey worm facetanks jon as they already have beef according to the look he shot him during the sacking of kings landing, and then dany self sacrifices via blood magic to bring jon back, who now satisfies the prince who was promised prophesy.

    which would make a lot more sense if the night king was still alive but here we are.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  6. #1546
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnFanningsLimpDick View Post
    As episodes 1, 2, and 4 had little action this was my second favourite of the season but there are some big disappointments. The valonqar prophecy was ignored, Cleganebowl was a washout draw and yup, Dany is insane with power after all.

    I didn't mind the Varys, Tyrion and Arya arcs but Jamie defeating Euron was pretty ridiculous too. Jamie is nowhere near as good a fighter with his left hand and Euron is a renowned badass. It was also out of character for Grey Worm to attack men who had surrendered. I suppose he was meant to be grief-stricken over Missandei but he's never allowed his feelings to override his military discipline before.

    Roll on next week when John (or Arya?) will inevitably kill Dany and assume the Iron Throne. Perhaps Tyrion will think to ask Bran what happened to Tysha.
    I agree with the Jamie point, but marked it up as Euron just finished swimming back to shore fully clothed so was physically drained.

    As for Grey Worm, the whole lot are supposed to be incapable of feelings due to their training, basically robot soldiers.

  7. #1547
    Kings Landing is completely destroyed. Sansa is going to rule from Winterfell. Jon is going to escape the throne by going far north to join the wildlings. Grey Worm is def going to die, because he literally has no story left at this point once Dany is dead.

    My only other prediction is they kill the dragon and escape back to Winterfell and the North vs South starts all over again. It ends with the cycle repeating. Plus that gives them an opening if they ever want to cash in on a movie.

  8. #1548
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5368
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,478
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnFanningsLimpDick View Post
    As episodes 1, 2, and 4 had little action this was my second favourite of the season but there are some big disappointments. The valonqar prophecy was ignored, Cleganebowl was a washout draw and yup, Dany is insane with power after all.

    I didn't mind the Varys, Tyrion and Arya arcs but Jamie defeating Euron was pretty ridiculous too. Jamie is nowhere near as good a fighter with his left hand and Euron is a renowned badass. It was also out of character for Grey Worm to attack men who had surrendered. I suppose he was meant to be grief-stricken over Missandei but he's never allowed his feelings to override his military discipline before.

    Roll on next week when John (or Arya?) will inevitably kill Dany and assume the Iron Throne. Perhaps Tyrion will think to ask Bran what happened to Tysha.
    I agree with the Jamie point, but marked it up as Euron just finished swimming back to shore fully clothed so was physically drained.

    As for Grey Worm, the whole lot are supposed to be incapable of feelings due to their training, basically robot soldiers.

    its worth noting that grey worm tossing the cuff into the fire with dany could be construed as an understanding between them that missandei's last wish ("dracarys..") would be honored.

    but again that would not really explain going after the civilian population of kings landing, which is exactly what they did.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  9. #1549
    Calm down, nerds.

  10. #1550
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post

    I agree with the Jamie point, but marked it up as Euron just finished swimming back to shore fully clothed so was physically drained.

    As for Grey Worm, the whole lot are supposed to be incapable of feelings due to their training, basically robot soldiers.

    its worth noting that grey worm tossing the cuff into the fire with dany could be construed as an understanding between them that missandei's last wish ("dracarys..") would be honored.

    but again that would not really explain going after the civilian population of kings landing, which is exactly what they did.
    i get the sense that grey worm wasn't exactly unhappy with burning everyone

  11. #1551
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5368
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,478
    also lets not overlook the notes that varys burned. it could have been the note he wrote earlier but i think its somehow more likely that its a response from whoever read the note he wrote.

    assumption; iron bank?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  12. #1552
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    also lets not overlook the notes that varys burned. it could have been the note he wrote earlier but i think its somehow more likely that its a response from whoever read the note he wrote.

    assumption; iron bank?


    don't tell me there's some fag from the forums named after this faggot shit???

  13. #1553
    absolutely depise this show cuz some scene of some faggot giving a monologue about dragons was the first thing I saw at a buddies house who said it was sweet show. also she never actually gets naked here. HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO LISTEN TO THIS FAGGOT TALK BEFORE SEEING SOME ACTION?!?! man my blood must have been boiling



  14. #1554
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5368
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,478


    its just kind of indicative of whats rubbing so many people raw; grrm created a world with an actual lord of light who resurrects people, a night king who lived for thousands of years while plotting to destroy that world, and by all appearances the last 4.5 hours of the entire series is about politics, relationships, and mental health.

    again, here's to this being proven wrong, but ugh its not looking good.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  15. #1555
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i thought the general consensus was that was snow, reflecting a premonition either about jon or the night king.

    did the books make clear that was ash?
    I read that shit 10 years ago and dont remember anything from that scene. Who the fuck knows.
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  16. #1556
    @CursedDiamonds on twitter

  17. #1557
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i thought the general consensus was that was snow, reflecting a premonition either about jon or the night king.

    did the books make clear that was ash?

    pretty sure its snow, revealing that someone (she of course) razed kings landing and has let in the snow, and that the snow is synonymous with not just winter obviously but more often the north. note that shes hesitant to touch the throne, perhaps because shes aware of the gravity of her actions.
    it's weird. i think it's snow too but just about every tv critic out there is talking about how we assumed it was snow, but it was really ash.

    i don't agree, but just google ash and throne and this theory is everywhere

  18. #1558
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5368
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,478
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post


    pretty sure its snow, revealing that someone (she of course) razed kings landing and has let in the snow, and that the snow is synonymous with not just winter obviously but more often the north. note that shes hesitant to touch the throne, perhaps because shes aware of the gravity of her actions.
    it's weird. i think it's snow too but just about every tv critic out there is talking about how we assumed it was snow, but it was really ash.

    i don't agree, but just google ash and throne and this theory is everywhere
    its a nice touch if its ash but i feel like somehow that would have been made clearer a long time ago?..

    exactly no one thought it was ash when it aired. fuck time to crack open the book.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  19. #1559
    Watching the vision again after episode 5 I still think it is snow and the symbolism is she sacked Kings landing, and now she is in the throne room with Snow(Jon). Can look deeper into her behavior around the throne and the 2nd part of her vision and start to make some assumptions if that is what is/was being symbolized at the time.

    If it's ash then obviously queen of ashes the whole time yadda yadda

  20. #1560
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5368
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,478
    if you listen to the commentary track on “Valar Morghulis,” you’ll hear actress Emilia Clarke and the episode’s director Alan Taylor refer to the substance in that scene as “snow.” They make several references to how they filmed it like it was snow, and Taylor even says the scene looks like “Christmas.” It’s hard to tell, exactly, but it even looks like there are icicles hanging off the pillars of the room.

    What’s more, showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss didn’t know Martin’s intended ending until after season three, when they sat down with the author to plot out the rest of the series. It’s possible they had received certain hints that Dany would turn, or inferred for themselves, but it’s also possible the snow on the throne was signaling something else: Jon’s parentage.

    bruh this is a fuckin mess.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rob Ford Game
    By Muck Ficon in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 01:24 PM
  2. AFC Championship Game In Game Thread
    By Hockey Guy in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 07:09 PM
  3. RED WINGS vs BLACK HAWKS GAME 7 (Official In Game Thread)
    By badguy23 in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-29-2013, 10:09 PM
  4. Game of Thrones
    By Lannister in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2013, 08:38 PM
  5. I want to bet on the ravens game
    By adamantium in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 01:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •