Page 76 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1704

Thread: Game of Meh

  1. #1501
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i mean, i'm actually getting more and more pissed off that they literally made dany hitler cause that's a disgrace, but i'll never admit it to you people
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post

    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Just want to hammer this home

  2. #1502
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5358
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,417
    quick reminder that the run-time for the last ep is 79 minutes, so this whole fucking thing has to somehow make sense in 70 minutes flat.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  3. #1503
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    quick reminder that the run-time for the last ep is 79 minutes, so this whole fucking thing has to somehow make sense in 70 minutes flat.
    it will make sense inasmuch as jon taking the throne will be what we've all been expecting, and he will have "won the game of thrones."

    despite my semi-positive outlook on this season, though, i can't imagine an ending that wouldn't make us feel like we needed between 5 to 6 more seasons.

    the best we can hope for the finale is a lot more dragon porn

  4. #1504
    Gold splitthis's Avatar
    Reputation
    639
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At the Metroparks
    Posts
    1,804
    Game of Skatz
    Au Naturale

  5. #1505
    I just watched the episode because was too busy popping bottles last night after winning 76ers +6.

    Anyways, was K. Still better than anything else I would have watched. Like others have noted, it is a little heavy on the action, and a little light on the interesting storyline stuff, but not a super big surprise there.

    My main grunch is a predictable one (for me). They made Tyrion, Jon and to a lesser extent Jamie little bitches. I get the whole #girlpower movement, and by all appearances it seems GRRM wanted to make Dany, Sansa and Arya strong characters independent of that. But every white, male character is a little whiny bitch, really?

    I already had to give up on Netflix cause it was all cultural Marxist nonsense, but God damn HBO too?
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  6. #1506
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post

    Except HBO offered D&D an increased budget for a 10 episode final season and they declined... So there goes that assumption

    Also I never read the books until Jon got killed on the show. It was at that point I knew reading the books wouldn't spoil any of the show. Before reading the books I had a similar viewpoint as you about bookreaders when I would read their complaints about the show not being faithful to the books and whatnot... :Whofuckingcares... After reading the books, outside of the people that wish for lady stoneheart, I agree with them.

    I don't consider it hard work to watch a show and expect basic common sense to apply to the flow of the show
    assuming D&D are the writers, hbo should have found someone else to do it and expanded this 3 more seasons
    And I'm pretty sure there was on offer to extend the series even more a couple years ago, but these nerds declined. I'm assuming they declined to try and cash in on another project as quickly as possible. What Sonatine said about the post source material nosedive is the truest thing in this thread.

  7. #1507
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

    assuming D&D are the writers, hbo should have found someone else to do it and expanded this 3 more seasons
    And I'm pretty sure there was on offer to extend the series even more a couple years ago, but these nerds declined. I'm assuming they declined to try and cash in on another project as quickly as possible. What Sonatine said about the post source material nosedive is the truest thing in this thread.
    Probably would have been better if GRRM had just completely given up (or died), and then another fantasy writer could have taken over his notes and written something decent.

    This is what happened when to the Wheel of Time series when Robert Jordan ran out of steam.

    But yeah, actually making up a fantasy/sci-fi story is hard, which is why noone even tries anymore. We just rehash the same stuff over and over.

    That being said, I am pretty pumped for the Dune remake that is coming out in a year, even though Paul is being played by some twink who is famous for doing some gay Euro bicycle riding movie I am never going to see.
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  8. #1508
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I just watched the episode because was too busy popping bottles last night after winning 76ers +6.

    Anyways, was K. Still better than anything else I would have watched. Like others have noted, it is a little heavy on the action, and a little light on the interesting storyline stuff, but not a super big surprise there.

    My main grunch is a predictable one (for me). They made Tyrion, Jon and to a lesser extent Jamie little bitches. I get the whole #girlpower movement, and by all appearances it seems GRRM wanted to make Dany, Sansa and Arya strong characters independent of that. But every white, male character is a little whiny bitch, really?

    I already had to give up on Netflix cause it was all cultural Marxist nonsense, but God damn HBO too?

    this is the worst take in this thread. GOT literally killed off the only black person on the show last episode and now just when we might have a respectable woman in power -- to replace the evil one -- she goes crazy cause she's female and jon scorned her. bitches amirite?

    and she will almost certainly get killed by a white male.

    SJW's and liberals in general are already killing GOT for these exact reasons and somehow you came to the opposite conclusion.

  9. #1509
    Gold
    Reputation
    422
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zipolite
    Posts
    1,891
    so when does Westworld start up again???

  10. #1510
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

    assuming D&D are the writers, hbo should have found someone else to do it and expanded this 3 more seasons
    And I'm pretty sure there was on offer to extend the series even more a couple years ago, but these nerds declined. I'm assuming they declined to try and cash in on another project as quickly as possible. What Sonatine said about the post source material nosedive is the truest thing in this thread.
    Lol these guys are doing a star wars trilogy next so have fun with that

  11. #1511
    Gold
    Reputation
    422
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zipolite
    Posts
    1,891
    After the first two episodes and I guess probably after last season, I just resigned myself to accepting the show for what it is - a soap opera with dragons. So after 7 seasons of character and plot building we get to watch Luke and Laura get married and figure out who shot JR. That being said I thought last night's episode was the best of the season start to finish. It paid off a lot of the arcs/plots and brought some closure to things we needed closure to. Was it perfect? No. Was it fun? Hell yeah.

  12. #1512
    let's not forget GRRM and HBO wanted to do 10 seasons 10 episodes a season.

  13. #1513
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5358
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,417
    lets also not forget that there is no such thing as an iron throne anymore, because its buried, so unless there is like a 2 year timejump where they cleared out the rubble and found it, that shits probably off the radar for good.

    whats more, blondie wanted dragonstone to be the new center of the GoT universe.

    and because no one and nothing is left to kill the flying nuke metaphor im not sure we can rule out something insane like, again, bran creating a new night king. which btw he totally could because he can time travel back to observe the magic that created the first one.

    so jon being executed early would imply thats in play if his body is heading back towards the crypts.

    but if jon lasts more than 30 minutes im just going to assume she tells her dragon to burn him, the dragon refuses, and jon assumes control of the nuke and an indian movie style musical number begins where they all do away with a centralized authority all together and embrace all genders, sexual orientations, and races just to fuck with verminaard.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  14. #1514
    Name:  sdbdcefw1jw21.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  35.7 KB

    He literally said this after episode 4 when the iron fleet ambushed Dany and killed rhaegal.

  15. #1515
    Dany kind of forgot she is not here to be queen of the ashes...


     
    Comments
      
      sonatine: french chef fingertip kiss

  16. #1516
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5358
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,417
    he looks like he really hates having to say things like that and it makes him super sad.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  17. #1517
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5358
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,417
    shout out to literally everyone hating the last episode.


    https://www.wired.com/story/game-of-...s-recap-s8-e5/
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  18. #1518
    shoutout to arya riding off on a horse with no name

  19. #1519
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I just watched the episode because was too busy popping bottles last night after winning 76ers +6.

    Anyways, was K. Still better than anything else I would have watched. Like others have noted, it is a little heavy on the action, and a little light on the interesting storyline stuff, but not a super big surprise there.

    My main grunch is a predictable one (for me). They made Tyrion, Jon and to a lesser extent Jamie little bitches. I get the whole #girlpower movement, and by all appearances it seems GRRM wanted to make Dany, Sansa and Arya strong characters independent of that. But every white, male character is a little whiny bitch, really?

    I already had to give up on Netflix cause it was all cultural Marxist nonsense, but God damn HBO too?

    this is the worst take in this thread. GOT literally killed off the only black person on the show last episode and now just when we might have a respectable woman in power -- to replace the evil one -- she goes crazy cause she's female and jon scorned her. bitches amirite?

    and she will almost certainly get killed by a white male.

    SJW's and liberals in general are already killing GOT for these exact reasons and somehow you came to the opposite conclusion.
    SJWs and libs are gonna be outraged about everything. It is impossible to appease the mob once it smells blood. My post isn't much about Dany. It is more about how all the white males became little whiny bitches. Especially Tyrion.

    I actually do find it amusing the SJWs are upset, because I am pretty sure this entire last season was for them. Remember, the show runners wanted to do some sort of slavery series after this, and got roasted by all the SJWs because they are white. So I do find it amusing they probably went off the deep end to appease the SJWs making the women generally strong and the men generally weak, and it backfired anyways.
    Last edited by verminaard; 05-14-2019 at 02:09 AM.
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  20. #1520
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    lets also not forget that there is no such thing as an iron throne anymore, because its buried, so unless there is like a 2 year timejump where they cleared out the rubble and found it, that shits probably off the radar for good.

    whats more, blondie wanted dragonstone to be the new center of the GoT universe.

    and because no one and nothing is left to kill the flying nuke metaphor im not sure we can rule out something insane like, again, bran creating a new night king. which btw he totally could because he can time travel back to observe the magic that created the first one.

    so jon being executed early would imply thats in play if his body is heading back towards the crypts.

    but if jon lasts more than 30 minutes im just going to assume she tells her dragon to burn him, the dragon refuses, and jon assumes control of the nuke and an indian movie style musical number begins where they all do away with a centralized authority all together and embrace all genders, sexual orientations, and races just to fuck with verminaard.
    My body is ready for such an ending. My guess is Dany, Jon and the dragon somehow all die and Arya (or some other female) becomes queen. We shall see.
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rob Ford Game
    By Muck Ficon in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 01:24 PM
  2. AFC Championship Game In Game Thread
    By Hockey Guy in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 07:09 PM
  3. RED WINGS vs BLACK HAWKS GAME 7 (Official In Game Thread)
    By badguy23 in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-29-2013, 10:09 PM
  4. Game of Thrones
    By Lannister in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2013, 08:38 PM
  5. I want to bet on the ravens game
    By adamantium in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 01:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •