Page 7 of 87 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    LOL at anyone analysing the books seriously. The Lady Stoneheart thing was spoiled for me but how can any of you take it seriously after that?

It's just a poor story that is entertaining when brought to life. They lucked out with some good actors and it's (sometimes) a fun hour on Sundays.

When was the last time such a mediocre show gets so much pub? Lost?

Load Metric
    So you've never read the books but you feel that any serious discussion of their lore is something to be discredited as a pursuit?

You must be the coolest kid in homeroom.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    like to be clear the books are mediocre beyond belief but they warrant conversation based on the sheer volume and power of the OCD that generated them.

they are autist light houses on the aspie seas.

Comments

Corrigan: poetry

Henry: lol

Sanlmar: Thx for entertaining the sick kids

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    like to be clear the books are mediocre beyond belief but they warrant conversation based on the sheer volume and power of the OCD that generated them.

This (not the books, but GOT in general) is why i don't get why you get on GRRM for using ghost writers.
    FTR I have no ides if he did or not, just have seen you write about that

How many stories can this one guy tie up?
    He has spawned so many seeds, other people jumping in w/ideas for better stories would be a good thing, IMO.

Plus the guy is so overweight he will die sooner than later, more than likely in the middle of writing a book.
    Then what?

Or are you saying you are ok w/other writers, just he is taking credit for things he isn't writing?
    I just think it is too much for one person.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

This (not the books, but GOT in general) is why i don't get why you get on GRRM for using ghost writers.

He has spawned so many seeds, other people jumping in w/ideas for better stories would be a good thing, IMO.

Plus the guy is so overweight he will die sooner than later, more than likely in the middle of writing a book.
    Then what?

Or are you saying you are ok w/other writers, just he is taking credit for things he isn't writing?

The problems for me, for starters, is that it impacts the quality of the product and its fundamentally insincere, and I have little time for either in the arts.

For another, in the middle of 'writing' his next book, he somehow finds time to churn out hundreds if not thousands of pages of absolute catshit projects like these gems:

http://www.amazon.com/Fevre-Dream-Ge...orge+rr+martin

http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Cards-I-T...orge+rr+martin

and my personal favorite trainwreck:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Wit-Wisdom...owViewpoints=1

All in all Im left with the impression that this fat fuck doesnt give a shit and is too busy making origami dicks out of hundred dollar bills to create product on the level of books I and II, which I personally think were excellent.

If the series was chugging dicks out the gate I woulndt care, but the potential is on display in those first books, they are a real pleasure. So for him to so brazenly compromise on the quality of the remainder while pissing away his time on these obvious cash grab projects is absolutely worthy of public disgrace and discredit, from where I'm sitting.

Comments

varys: 3>1>2 but yeah you're pretty right

Silver
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

Then what?

The problems for me, for starters, is that it impacts the quality of the product and its fundamentally insincere, and I have little time for either in the arts.

For another, in the middle of 'writing' his next book, he somehow finds time to churn out hundreds if not thousands of pages of absolute catshit projects like these gems:

All in all Im left with the impression that this fat fuck doesnt give a shit and is too busy making origami dicks out of hundred dollar bills to create product on the level of books I and II, which I personally think were excellent.

If the series was chugging dicks out the gate I woulndt care, but the potential is on display in those first books, they are a real pleasure. So for him to so brazenly compromise on the quality of the remainder while pissing away his time on these obvious cash grab projects is absolutely worthy of public disgrace and discredit, from where I'm sitting.

When have you ever seen an artist,writer,directors work not slope downward at least a little bit? Genuine question.

I'm having a hard time. I know little about the author, or his work prior to GoT, but I feel like it's like every band. They take ten years to write the first one or two really good albums. After that they have the name recognition and just turn out shit to make more money/expand the brand and continue to slope down.

Also, I don't read a lot of books(enter cliche retard joke here) So I won't really weigh my opinion as heavily on authors, but just producers of work in general

Comments

superallah: smell my socks rep.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

When have you ever seen an artist,writer,directors work not slope downward at least a little bit? Genuine question.

I'm having a hard time. I know little about the author, or his work prior to GoT, but I feel like it's like every band. They take ten years to write the first one or two really good albums. After that they have the name recognition and just turn out shit to make more money/expand the brand and continue to slope down.

Also, I don't read a lot of books(enter cliche retard joke here) So I won't really weigh my opinion as heavily on authors, but just producers of work in general
    there are quite a few artists who found their groove and improved over time, despite having a few dips and bumps along the way.

painters, poets, writers, directors, sculptors, composers.. history swarms with people who simply consistently operated at a higher creative level.

honestly its really unusual actually for someone to create works like the first two GoT books, then fuck it all to pieces so efficiently. so yeah its worth commentary as i see it.

Load Metric
    So I guess this happened..

Name:  0624-queen-elizabeth-got-instagram-3.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  106.6 KB

Seems to scream to be photoshopped: "things the queen is impressed by in the game of thrones throne".

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    So I guess this happened..

Name:  0624-queen-elizabeth-got-instagram-3.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  106.6 KB

Seems to scream to be photoshopped: "things the queen is impressed by in the game of thrones throne".
    google queen elizabeth instagram.

Name:  queen.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  530.8 KB

Load Metric
    Mike Ross tells TMZ ... he won a reproduction of the Iron Throne in an HBO fan contest ... it was just delivered to his Hoboken apt. Problem is ... it's 7'2" tall and 350 lbs -- and it doesn't fit.

For now ... he's sticking it in an even less regal setting -- his parents' garage.

It's an awesome chair ... a $30K hand painted fiberglass knockoff made to look like it was constructed with swords ... just like the one crafted by Aegon I Targaryen, the first king of the Seven Kingdoms.
    Name:  iron-throne-got-winner-01-480w.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  88.9 KB

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Name:  queen and liv.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  92.8 KB

Load Metric
    Spoilerish GoT news link for non-book readers

<spoiler>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/25/game-of-thrones-lady-stoneheart-michelle-fairley_n_5530215.html/spoiler>

How much would this lead to deviating from the books?

Load Metric
    I read that as well and honestly don't believe a word of it.

Silver
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    sean bean just dropped in an interview that ned stark is "obviously not jon snow's dad."

i mean look, ive read the books, ive watched the series. yeah ok, its a compelling theory. but "obvious"...?

Load Metric
    http://gawker.com/the-wildest-fan-th...now-1606573476

I saw this on Gawker, does it add up? I've never read the books, but they never really explained anything about Jon Snow's mother on the show. Do they hint at his parentage in the books?

Load Metric

i didnt pick up on much of that from the books honestly but i also lost patience on several occasions.

there ARE a lot of hints that light witch is super interested in jon snow at the wall and thats generally worth note.

edit derp i didnt see the gawker article was directly referencing that theory, i thought it was about the sean bean comment.

Load Metric
    Watching "The Counsler"
    F'ing horrible movie,
    I'm about to turn it off and check the IMDB and see this

Name:  natalie dormer.JPG
Views: 659
Size:  16.5 KB

so I had to stick around. I've never seen her in any modern type clothes, (the one time I did, she had shaved half her head).

It was well worth it, that is one hell of an ass. (and yes, I've finally figured out how to post gif's)

Last edited by JimmyG_415; 08-22-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Thread Information