Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1729

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

battle of life and death with him in the center of it, and he goes sight-seeing with the birds. Story checks out.

yeah this was problematic for me too. and im guessing we do not get clarity in the next 3 eps.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    the warging is a whoooole other can of worms because in the books, even arya is a warg. warging is yuuuuge in the books.
    so since that's not so special, being the 3ER is just being the long-lived far end of the autism spectrum.

battle of life and death with him in the center of it, and he goes sight-seeing with the birds. Story checks out.
    Heard a Reddit theory on a podcast that bran warging also at some point included him taking over zombies after he located the night King and was actively keeping them from killing important characters the numerous times they appeared on the verge of death.

Would make sense but I highly doubt these writers have that in them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post

so since that's not so special, being the 3ER is just being the long-lived far end of the autism spectrum.

Heard a Reddit theory on a podcast that bran warging also at some point included him taking over zombies after he located the night King and was actively keeping them from killing important characters the numerous times they appeared on the verge of death.

Would make sense but I highly doubt these writers have that in them.

if no ones warg'd into a zombie this far into the books, im guessing its not possible.

i got a bad feeling that grrm dies without finishing the series or leaving behind any bread crumbs regarding wtf we just saw.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

because he seriously did fuckall else to save the world.
    Jon defended Winterfell in dragon-to-dragon combat against the Night King not only winning but unseating him in the process.
    Last edited by ShawnFanningsLimpDick; 05-01-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Load Metric
    If you stripped out the entire storyline of anything south of the wall and tried to make a coherent series/movie with the story of Bran and the NK it would have been cancled after season 1.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    If you stripped out the entire storyline of anything south of the wall and tried to make a coherent series/movie with the story of Bran and the NK it would have been cancled after season 1.
    Yeah. The whole walking dead bit was turrible.

I could do without the flying geckos too.

Load Metric
    One of the supposed reasons we might not have gotten any of the Night King's story is that it may be covered in the HBO prequels coming out in the next few years or whenever.

Load Metric
    Name:  58722611_10156974296515170_6029763389251649536_n.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  37.7 KB

Load Metric
    I guess it's already been said a lot in this thread but GoT has been bad ever since they diverged from the book. More and more unwatchable. I just left in the middle of last episode. Boring, unoriginal, giant-budget retardation.

Load Metric
    speaking of which... an article published on the 11th claiming the next novel will drop in july after the show wraps was revised on the 23rd indicating the novel is vaporware still.

http://fortune.com/2019/04/11/game-o...ease-timeline/

Load Metric
    speaking of which... an article published on the 11th claiming the next novel will drop in july after the show wraps was revised on the 23rd indicating the novel is vaporware still.

Going to be some major league balls when this guy shits all over the last two seasons after cashing the checks and then drops the “read this for the real ending”.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Going to be some major league balls when this guy shits all over the last two seasons after cashing the checks and then drops the “read this for the real ending”.

yeah honestly the more i think about all the prince who was promised shit that we dedicated literal hours of our lives to paying attention to, the more i venom i think is going to get unleashed on the showrunners when grrm's actual narrative is presented.

but its also really really possible that grrm literally doesnt have an end written at all and is going to stiff us either partially or in full.

Load Metric
    At this point I'm like fuck it, the last three episodes could be the dragons shitting in Cersei's mouth and GOT would still be one of the greatest shows ever. I think that the books were GRRM giving a middle finger to book readers i.e. Red Wedding and all the other ways he subverted and perverted tropes, and now the post-book seasons are D&B giving TV viewers the middle finger.

Holy fuck everyone is mad that the story is not going the way they think it should. Oh big bad built up over 8 seasons? Boom they merced his ass the same way the merced Ned's ass way back when. How do you shock people that are expecting to get shocked? You play it in the opposite direction. Yeah it was cheesy in some cases where niggas was surrounded and it looked hopeless and hot damn did the fighting intensity of the wights drop 99.9% by the time the Night King made it to Bran but now everyone is like wtf no one important died. Which fuck you because Theon was one of the greatest characters in the show. Maybe the greatest.

I think they are damned if they do and damned if they don't at this point because for some reason people think that they know how to do the story better than the people making it (see The Last Jedi etc) but the thing is now that actual mains can start dying it will have more of an impact and I think the last three episodes are gonna fucking be insane.

I did jump up and shout when Arya merced that motherfucker too. People are upset but I think they played that perfect. Again subverting tropes, the hot tortured warrior is totally supposed to kill the big bad....but he doesn't.

Jon fails Arya impales.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    At this point I'm like fuck it, the last three episodes could be the dragons shitting in Cersei's mouth and GOT would still be one of the greatest shows ever. I think that the books were GRRM giving a middle finger to book readers i.e. Red Wedding and all the other ways he subverted and perverted tropes, and now the post-book seasons are D&B giving TV viewers the middle finger.

Holy fuck everyone is mad that the story is not going the way they think it should. Oh big bad built up over 8 seasons? Boom they merced his ass the same way the merced Ned's ass way back when. How do you shock people that are expecting to get shocked? You play it in the opposite direction. Yeah it was cheesy in some cases where niggas was surrounded and it looked hopeless and hot damn did the fighting intensity of the wights drop 99.9% by the time the Night King made it to Bran but now everyone is like wtf no one important died. Which fuck you because Theon was one of the greatest characters in the show. Maybe the greatest.

I think they are damned if they do and damned if they don't at this point because for some reason people think that they know how to do the story better than the people making it (see The Last Jedi etc) but the thing is now that actual mains can start dying it will have more of an impact and I think the last three episodes are gonna fucking be insane.

I did jump up and shout when Arya merced that motherfucker too. People are upset but I think they played that perfect. Again subverting tropes, the hot tortured warrior is totally supposed to kill the big bad....but he doesn't.

Jon fails Arya impales.

on the one hand, obviously, same boat.

on the other hand, one of the things that made this show special was the intricacies/complexities of its plot and a lot of people are feeling a certain way about the showrunners making so much of that plot irrelevant.

and something that was kinda bothering me that i just recently found words for; my enthusiasm for battle of winterfell may have been propped up by GoT setting the bar so fucking low since, as diggydow pointed out, the approximate time they went 'off script' from the books.

that said. we have 4 hours left. and grrm is an admitted disciple of frank herbert who predicated his entire opus on the assumption that there is no ultimate good or evil, just the struggle against extinction. and perhaps arya beat the night king a little too easily?
    Last edited by sonatine; 05-02-2019 at 09:15 AM.

Load Metric
    fact: this show is god and the entire season has been great

Load Metric
    Why would anyone care about the Night King? Just an absolutely awful character. Not even a good villain.

Now Cersei? By far the best character on the show, let alone villain.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Why would anyone care about the Night King? Just an absolutely awful character. Not even a good villain.

My issue is that he had potential to be an incredible, complex villain and for 7 seasons it appeared they were laying the groundwork for that.

Instead they turned him into the smoke monster from Lost at the 11th hour.

Comments

sonatine: i still havent quite decided if showrunners doing so was out of character or not

devidee: He was the smoke monster the whole time

Load Metric

My issue is that he had potential to be an incredible, complex villain and for 7 seasons it appeared they were laying the groundwork for that.

Yea i think Cersei ticked the box for a complex multifaceted villain. NK was more a force nature type of villain. Say like the shark from Jaws.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Jon Snow finds out that he is related to everyone but he decides to fuck the hot women anyway.

And then somebody shoves a knife through his chest.

Yes, it is the dragon queen.

The End.

Thread Information