Page 65 of 87 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1729

Thread: Game of Meh

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    I get your point but shots fired at breaking bad? Whatever they did there, that show is damn near perfect.
    Oh come on. Both are great shows. But you have to admit both shows were/are conjuring new bad guys with shallow character to extend the show for another 1-2 seasons.

Gus vs the Nazis

Bolton/Frey vs Euron and the yet unseen Essos mercenary army.
    apples and oranges imo. GoT baddies are based on source material from the books. imo GoT has too many villains to fit into the final stretch. are euron/golden company really necessary to push the series across the finish line at this point? personally i think all they needed to do was resolve cersei vs dany this season and then let season 8 be a free for all deciding the great war of living vs dead.

any palace intrigue bullshit from this point forward is going to be a hard sell for me now that its a literal war for the survival of humanity.

Comments

varys: Real talk

Load Metric
    i dont know how else to explain why comparing Got & BB is just completely retarded. but its been explained.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    I get your point but shots fired at breaking bad? Whatever they did there, that show is damn near perfect.
    Oh come on. Both are great shows. But you have to admit both shows were/are conjuring new bad guys with shallow character to extend the show for another 1-2 seasons.

Gus vs the Nazis

Bolton/Frey vs Euron and the yet unseen Essos mercenary army.
    BB writers intentionally used gimmicky characters. Cant remember their reasoning, i suppose guys like saul and gale are necessary to lighten the mood in an otherwise dark ugly world.

Anyway yeah its silly to compare GOT to anything yet. Sonatines got it right that given what they have to work with its impossible to please everyone, even though i think the last two seasons have included some really awful scenes, and it should be mentioned more often what a waste it was to have arya spend a whole season "training". I said it before, if things like ages and salaries didnt matter this would be fantastic for 13 seasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    anyway, dany had a prophesy regarding 3 treasons; one for blood, one for money, one for love.

so far shes been betrayed by the witch and by jorah. arguably thats one for blood and one for money.

gotta wonder if tyrion is going to betray her for love? i was positive varys was going to get clipped for running his own agenda but i dont see how love could come into his equation...

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    something with daario perhaps?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Maybe love for his brother.

Load Metric
    or cersie's unborn child... either of which suddenly could be blood?

but it gets complicated because, by all appearances, jamie may have just bounced and ridden north to keep his word.

Load Metric
    HEBREW BOX OFFICE IS LITERALLY UNABLE TO COMPLY WITH YOUR WISHES TO EXTEND THE SERIES ENOUGH TO MAKE SENSE OR WRAP THIS SHIT UP BEFORE LIKE SUMMER 2019 BUT WILL GLADLY FOIST A 'BEHIND THE SCENES' SPECIAL ON US IN THE INTERIM TO DISCUSS ALL THE SHIT THEY FAILED TO PROPERLY ACCOMPLISH IN SEASON 7 AND BLOW OUR MINDS WITH WILD PRODUCTION CLIPS SHOWING THE MAGIC OF GREEN SCREENS OR SOMETHING.

IM SORRY, IC ANT. I JUST CANT.

TURN OFF THE CAMERAS

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    HEBREW BOX OFFICE IS LITERALLY UNABLE TO COMPLY WITH YOUR WISHES TO EXTEND THE SERIES ENOUGH TO MAKE SENSE OR WRAP THIS SHIT UP BEFORE LIKE SUMMER 2019 BUT WILL GLADLY FOIST A 'BEHIND THE SCENES' SPECIAL ON US IN THE INTERIM TO DISCUSS ALL THE SHIT THEY FAILED TO PROPERLY ACCOMPLISH IN SEASON 7 AND BLOW OUR MINDS WITH WILD PRODUCTION CLIPS SHOWING THE MAGIC OF GREEN SCREENS OR SOMETHING.

IM SORRY, IC ANT. I JUST CANT.

TURN OFF THE CAMERAS
    The official game of meh thread has really cast a light on your crippling pill addiction

Comments

Mintjewlips: GOT EM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Quote from the actor playing Bran:

It was a really challenging thing to do this season. I had a meeting with David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss], our showrunners, before we started filming. We had a chat about how we wanted to play Bran this season, and they suggested Doctor Manhattan from the Watchmen comic.

I'm in these white n-words heads.

Comments

varys: Lmao amazing

Load Metric
    lol what the seething fuck

As Variety explains, Arya’s animosity towards her sister was real, and its sudden reversal was supposed to be explained away in a scene that was cut from the season-seven finale:

“We actually did a scene that clearly got cut, a short scene with Sansa where she knocks on Bran’s door and says, ‘I need your help,’ or something along those lines,” Isaac Hampstead-Wright, who plays Bran on the show, says. “So basically, as far as I know, the story was that it suddenly occurred to Sansa that she had a huge CCTV department at her discretion and it might be a good idea to check with him first before she guts her own sister. So she goes to Bran, and Bran tells her everything she needs to know, and she’s like, ‘Oh, shit.’”

Comments

JACKDANIELS: rofl

Gold
    Load Metric

Comments

sonatine: fucking honestly

Load Metric

As Variety explains, Arya’s animosity towards her sister was real, and its sudden reversal was supposed to be explained away in a scene that was cut from the season-seven finale:

“We actually did a scene that clearly got cut, a short scene with Sansa where she knocks on Bran’s door and says, ‘I need your help,’ or something along those lines,” Isaac Hampstead-Wright, who plays Bran on the show, says. “So basically, as far as I know, the story was that it suddenly occurred to Sansa that she had a huge CCTV department at her discretion and it might be a good idea to check with him first before she guts her own sister. So she goes to Bran, and Bran tells her everything she needs to know, and she’s like, ‘Oh, shit.’”
    golly gee that would have been swell to include in the finale

Platinum
    Load Metric
    or cersie's unborn child... either of which suddenly could be blood?

but it gets complicated because, by all appearances, jamie may have just bounced and ridden north to keep his word.
    I told you I thought Jamie was going to leave Cersei for brienne at some point. I am guessing this is that point. I am surprised bronn didn't go with him.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

golly gee that would have been swell to include in the finale
    I think the fact Bran mentioned Littlefingers betrayal of Ned and Sansa knowing all the stuff she did about the past made it obvious that is basically what happened.

Load Metric

could have easily cut five minutes from theon gayjoy to show that kinda important part, instead

Load Metric
    so heh the showrunners are filming multiple versions of the finale because they are terrified of spoilers.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    So the actor who plays Sir Davos let it slip that they are juuuust about to do their first table reading and "will be shooting through the end of summer".

And since 2017's summer is dead and buried basically, hes clearly talking about summer 2018, which means it wont even be ready for editing/post until fall of 2018.

And since HBO has such a fucking hardon for blockbuster spring programming, you pretty much have a mortal lock for GoT not returning until then.

ooo mea culpa: I misread the quote. It's "shooting to summer" , not shooting through summer. So with 5-6 months of editing/pp, they could bring it to market in winter 2018 quite comfortably, which also ties into marketing well. "Winter is here" etc.
    Last edited by sonatine; 10-06-2017 at 01:16 PM.

Load Metric
    How obvious is it that one of the spinoffs will be about a warrior queen Dorne...........fucking libtards.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Thread Information