Page 64 of 87 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1729

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    also i dont like that my hbo subscription is going to subsidize oven racks pirated viewing habits

Comments

herbertstemple: Paying fro the most pirated show in the history of TV? There's more than one way to spell the word "sucker".

Load Metric
    oh you will learn to like it vagarious d

Load Metric
    also i bought seasons 1-5 on dvd for my mum so i figure were even lol

Load Metric
    OY MUM GOTYA A SHOW ABOUT DRAGONS AND BOLLOCKS ULL LOVE IT GOVNA

Load Metric
    ITS A RIGHT ROYAL BARREL OF MONKEYS

Load Metric
    I think referring to your mum as bruv should be payment enough

seriously though who pays for HBO

Load Metric
    at least when breaking bad ran out of cool bad guys they conjured some Nazis to root against. Queen Lannister, an uber version of the iron born nobody saw or heard of in 60 hours of show time, and an iron bank financed Army from essos vs the NWO.

Whatever man. I'm pot committed.

Comments

herbertstemple: I remember the obligatory white supremacists season.

Load Metric
    Oh yeah... let's officially welcome Bran Stark to the party everyone. Finally decided to open his mouth for a change.

Got to be amoungst the top 3 to die first next season now I'd think.

Load Metric
    I forgot about the Iron Bank's army, something that bothered me when it came up. Is it a lie? The Bank seemed to make it clear they would be happy to be on team lannister once that sweet repayment money was safely in the bank's hands. The loot train attack *shivers at how douchey that name is* destroyed those payback plans I thought. Seems a risky bank strategy to back the side without the dragons right now, no matter who owes you how much.

Gold
    Load Metric
    The gold from high garden was safely in Kings landing before the attack. Iron bank is paid back

Comments

Crowe Diddly: that explains that.

Load Metric
    honestly regarding the problems that are popping up... the GoT team didnt freestyle this shit, grrm told them how/when/why this story ends. they have artistic license to modify flow here and there because while grrm can stretch it out into thousands and thousands of pages, the showrunners/writers have to somehow weed out all the asbergers flavored nonsense and stick the landing while every single actor on the show ages almost a decade in real life.

so honestly comparing it to like breaking bad is just kind of ludicrous, those guys just ripped bongs and played "and wouldnt it be awesome if.." for the entire series. no one has that sort of latitude here.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    so honestly comparing it to like breaking bad is just kind of ludicrous, those guys just ripped bongs and played "and wouldnt it be awesome if.." for the entire series. no one has that sort of latitude here.
    I get your point but shots fired at breaking bad? Whatever they did there, that show is damn near perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Also according to asoiaf.org the entire world thought jon would be named jahaerys or more likely (and apparently still in play in the books) aemon, as in the blind wall guy and apparently the most honorable badass knight ever aemon the dragonknight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    I get your point but shots fired at breaking bad? Whatever they did there, that show is damn near perfect.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    ok that said 100% of the drama between sansa and arya was totally, utterly worthless and served absolutely no purpose at all. that was some serious agonizing bullshit. all of it. totally worthless and absurd and needless. up to littlefinger begging for his life. right up to it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrainkoja View Post
    Anyone have a clue why tyrion gets shown giving a fuck like 3x while jons gettin it in?

I was wondering the same thing. I thought that Tyrion must have an notion that Jon is actually not a stark. Maybe Dany told him the Dragons are cool with him-- no idea-

I do not understand all the love for this season. The plot holes are so huge. They have made Tyrion an incompetent fool. Dany would have fired him asap instead of still completely seeking his advice. ( he lost her Dorne, High garden, bringing a wight to Cersi, Cersi played him ( someone he is suppose to know inside and out) -- just to name a few

whatever happened to the brilliant hand to the king that saved Kings landing

It seems like all the main things do not happen on screen. How do you guys feel about Ayra. I feel like she is the worse character on the show. The development of her warriors skills never happened. She beat the waif but only because she fought her in the dark. Now she is a better warrior then Brienne in the daylight? Maybe I do not appreciate the skills learned from mopping floors.

The worst is turning the tables on Littlefinger. This never happens on screen. Every betrayal has had a sense of foreshadowing ( red wedding, Ned and littlefinger, Queen of Thorns killing Joffrey ) All of these had scenes where the characters were developing doubts about the people they would betray. What was the scene about when Arya and Sansa confront each other. Arya offering the dagger to Sansa? Who are they playing? It is just to deceive the audience. ( Nobody else is in the room) The parallel is Littlefinger turning the tables on Ned but that was setup when Ned apologized to littlefinger that he should have trusted him upon arriving in king landing. Littlefinger betrayal makes sense because the audience is given Littlefinger response: "not trusting me is the smartest thing you have done since arriving". This betrayal works because it seems we are kinda in on it to. Sansa and Arya teaming up seems poorly done to me because I do not recall any clue to the audience.

I did enjoy seeing Littlefinger beg but the build up to the death was sloppy This season felt poorly executed. A very formulated season which is the opposite of game of thrones-- great show bad season

there are a lot of totally valid points here. like really.

this season was kinda trash but whatever i need to hate it, its not quite there.

Load Metric
    ok that said 100% of the drama between sansa and arya was totally, utterly worthless and served absolutely no purpose at all. that was some serious agonizing bullshit. all of it. totally worthless and absurd and needless. up to littlefinger begging for his life. right up to it.

yup basically seemed like they couldnt figure out what to do with them but had to give em some screen time and that was the best they could come up with

Load Metric
    would have been more interesting to see those 2 trying to figure out how their bro had literally just turned into an all seeing tree wizard instead of what we got but i guess they saving all the bran exposition stuff until john returns

Comments

Daly: All seeing tree wizard rep

Load Metric
    like if you take the arya/sansa conflict plot line there, that they devoted about 15 minutes to total, and expand it into a nuanced exploration + some sort of cathartic breakthrough moment with dr manhattan over the course of like, an hour or two, and then you have an actual arc.

but really you can tell, 80% of that ended up on the cutting room floor and this is what we got.

there had to have been some series of events that made all of this make sense.

like hello sending brienne away? how does that fit into ANY of what transpired? UGH.

Load Metric
    Oh come on. Both are great shows. But you have to admit both shows were/are conjuring new bad guys with shallow character to extend the show for another 1-2 seasons.

Gus vs the Nazis

Bolton/Frey vs Euron and the yet unseen Essos mercenary army.

Thread Information