Page 63 of 87 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1729

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    Name:  K4yqHsT.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  375.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Gold
    Load Metric
    honestly this season surpassed my expectations and was far more satisfying that i ever thought possible.

having said that im gonna nitpick here.

this thing where jon's real name is aegon is bugging me. i feel like the showrunners think they are being clever and doing a fan service to the book-readers with a quick nod to the young griff thing, and thats fine. but it seems really fucking stupid to have rhaegar have 2 sons named aegon and its tilting me. i mean this is a show where asha was renamed to yara so there wouldnt be confusion about another character named osha. maybe they will have a good reason or reveal that rhaegar had aspergers and insisted all his sons carry the aegon name idk.

Load Metric
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 12.59.31 AM.png
Views: 314
Size:  636.7 KB

Comments

vegas1369: HOF
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I think I'll be good with one more season.

Load Metric
    Still haven't seen the episode.

Thought it would be OK to check Facebook this morning.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Still haven't seen the episode.

Thought it would be OK to check Facebook this morning.

sports and GOT are the only shows i always watch live for exactly this reason

Load Metric
    Aegon/theon shit was WOAT. Enjoyed pretty much the rest.

Also remember s1 how confusing and weird it is when jamies hitting cersei from behind and were like omg incest wtf then the most heart warming moment of the series is jon fucking his aunt... i mean im cool with it, just sayin

Edit because wtf aegon?: in the books baby aegon was with rhaegars dornish wife and was smashed to pieces, remains delivered to tywin lannister. Im sure people will argue about what actually happened but the point is no ones ever disputed that elia at one point had a baby named aegon.

That aegon clearly isnt jon since we know ned took him right away. So is this awwwful fan service or whats the prevailing theory/is this a grrm bombshell somehow?
    Last edited by varys; 08-28-2017 at 06:43 AM.
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Anyone have a clue why tyrion gets shown giving a fuck like 3x while jons gettin it in?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Anyone have a clue why tyrion gets shown giving a fuck like 3x while jons gettin it in?

I was wondering the same thing. I thought that Tyrion must have an notion that Jon is actually not a stark. Maybe Dany told him the Dragons are cool with him-- no idea-

I do not understand all the love for this season. The plot holes are so huge. They have made Tyrion an incompetent fool. Dany would have fired him asap instead of still completely seeking his advice. ( he lost her Dorne, High garden, bringing a wight to Cersi, Cersi played him ( someone he is suppose to know inside and out) -- just to name a few

whatever happened to the brilliant hand to the king that saved Kings landing

It seems like all the main things do not happen on screen. How do you guys feel about Ayra. I feel like she is the worse character on the show. The development of her warriors skills never happened. She beat the waif but only because she fought her in the dark. Now she is a better warrior then Brienne in the daylight? Maybe I do not appreciate the skills learned from mopping floors.

The worst is turning the tables on Littlefinger. This never happens on screen. Every betrayal has had a sense of foreshadowing ( red wedding, Ned and littlefinger, Queen of Thorns killing Joffrey ) All of these had scenes where the characters were developing doubts about the people they would betray. What was the scene about when Arya and Sansa confront each other. Arya offering the dagger to Sansa? Who are they playing? It is just to deceive the audience. ( Nobody else is in the room) The parallel is Littlefinger turning the tables on Ned but that was setup when Ned apologized to littlefinger that he should have trusted him upon arriving in king landing. Littlefinger betrayal makes sense because the audience is given Littlefinger response: "not trusting me is the smartest thing you have done since arriving". This betrayal works because it seems we are kinda in on it to. Sansa and Arya teaming up seems poorly done to me because I do not recall any clue to the audience.

I did enjoy seeing Littlefinger beg but the build up to the death was sloppy This season felt poorly executed. A very formulated season which is the opposite of game of thrones-- great show bad season

Load Metric
    Tyrion a) is in love with blondie and b) wanted to succeed her to the iron throne.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Aegon/theon shit was WOAT.
    the theon / yara plot should have been wrapped the fuck up this season, its suuuuuch window dressing.

i guess they felt they needed there to be some catalytic speech that theon could respond to but still, uuuggghhhhhh.

also are we realllllly talking about spring 2019 for the air dates? i hear they were going to start production/shooting in october so that sounds a bit outrageous somehow.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Odds of the next book releasing before the season 8 premiere?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Aegon/theon shit was WOAT.
    the theon / yara plot should have been wrapped the fuck up this season, its suuuuuch window dressing.

i guess they felt they needed there to be some catalytic speech that theon could respond to but still, uuuggghhhhhh.

also are we realllllly talking about spring 2019 for the air dates? i hear they were going to start production/shooting in october so that sounds a bit outrageous somehow.
    I almost said throw anything called greyjoy in that pot but i have a sick feeling eurons gonna get some seriously undeserved play next season given that he excels where the wights are fucking worthless.

Load Metric
    shout out to nerds absolutely _shredding_ the entire series because its not exactly the same as it was when i started.

yes, its literally harry potter x world war z, i get it, but its outrageously gorgeous, sweeping, and perverse so suck out your mother rudeboy.

Comments

Krypt: rudebois

Load Metric
    Theon has felt like deliberate trolling for several seasons now.

Aside from that, thought finale was quite good.

Dinklage and Headey were stellar.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    also i thought there were at least 2 scenes i saw in the season 7 previews that didnt happen, and one of them was theon rescuing yara.

Load Metric
    honestly tine im kinda surprised you're not one of the nerds shredding the entire series lol

Comments

varys: Right?

Load Metric
    but seriously those people moaning obv have unrealistic expectations sure its not perfect but defo one of the goat series

Load Metric
    also i sf called the whole sansa arya littlefinger storyline and like i said before its a shame we didnt get twice the hours this series to explore things in more depth but that doesnt mean this series wasnt really enjoyable

Load Metric
    listen you vagabond youre not in merry old england over here we call them seasons not lol series like you when you get 3 episodes of a show

Thread Information