Page 62 of 87 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1729

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Sonatine said years ago that the TV series was superior to the books, which I've read, and I dismissed him summarily.

He was absolutely right, as much as I've enjoyed the books the show is much, much better. This is the best season yet IMO and it's awesome to see all of the various storylines converging.
    Yeah thinking about this, its perfect for TV and reading it felt like more of an accomplishment rather than leisure. I flat out skipped bran and brienne chapters the first time around.

Its pretty unfortunate that this could be the one series that could stay good for 12+ seasons but greedy jon snow doesnt wanna be the most famous person in the world for $250k a year.

does he at least have some points on the back-end?

amazing the disparity between actors in movies and what actors who work for hbo, amc, etc. make

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Yeah thinking about this, its perfect for TV and reading it felt like more of an accomplishment rather than leisure. I flat out skipped bran and brienne chapters the first time around.

Its pretty unfortunate that this could be the one series that could stay good for 12+ seasons but greedy jon snow doesnt wanna be the most famous person in the world for $250k a year.

does he at least have some points on the back-end?

amazing the disparity between actors in movies and what actors who work for hbo, amc, etc. make
    Im just making up a number here. My point was once their contracts are up how much dough would need to get shelled out to pay all these guys for 4 more seasons + cgi and how do they turn that into literal billions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Queen Lyanna Targaryan!!!!

Bran turns into the night king!!!!!!

Rinse repeat

/thread

Comments

LegallyNonBindingPosts: wrong again village idiot and weirdo fucker
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    The legions of media sites proclaiming how epic the finale is going to be based on its name ("The Dragon and the Wolf" or something) is exactly what I dislike most about this show.

It could literally be 80 minutes of Dany and Jon discussing what should be the theme of their wedding invitations but somehow its open season on suck dicking those 5 words.

I'm sure its going to be a wild ride, looking forward to watching it, but ugggggh at how ruthlessly this show gets harvested for clicks.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    but ugggggh at how ruthlessly this show gets harvested for clicks.

Comments

sonatine: ENOUGH OF THIS NORMIE OPPRESSION

Load Metric
    Variety just busted loose with some per-episode TV salaries... including......

Emilia Clarke Game of Thrones/HBO $500,000
    Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Game of Thrones/HBO $500,000
    Peter Dinklage Game of Thrones/HBO $500,000
    Kit Harington Game of Thrones/HBO $500,000
    Lena Headey Game of Thrones/HBO $500,000

Comments

varys: I was close rep

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    aaaaaand thats the reason we getting a shortened run of this season and the next season is the last one

could easy get a few more seasons out of it but salaries keep on raising too so hbo just gonna say fuck it and make some spin off series with a bunch of unknown actors and pay em like 10% of what these guys are on now

obv no chance spin offs will be as popular as the main series but tons of people will still be looking for a fix after this ends so hbo gonna sit back and print money easy game

Load Metric
    also cmoney you absolutely gotta start from the beginning i only started watching just as season 5 was starting and smashed the first 4 series out in a few weeks really was great

im always a bit jealous when people say they havent watched it as i remember how good it was bingeing on those first 4 series and now you got 6 to watch so enjoy it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    aaaaaand thats the reason we getting a shortened run of this season and the next season is the last one

could easy get a few more seasons out of it but salaries keep on raising too so hbo just gonna say fuck it and make some spin off series with a bunch of unknown actors and pay em like 10% of what these guys are on now

obv no chance spin offs will be as popular as the main series but tons of people will still be looking for a fix after this ends so hbo gonna sit back and print money easy game

they spend more on like 30 seconds of dragon footage than they do on their yearly salaries.

Load Metric
    well yeah sure cgi aint cheap but no doubt they would be paying much higher salaries than they are now if they had to negotiate contracts beyond series 7 where as cgi is basically a fixed cost its not like whoever does the cgi will want paying double for same amount of work in future seasons

saying that i could see them doing a spin off around roberts rebellion era will save a bunch of $ on cgi dragons on top of paying the new cast much lower wages. i mean i could be wrong and maybe there are other reasons they cutting the last 2 seasons short instead of making a few more full length series but thats my best guess

Load Metric
    i suspect a far more compelling concern is that the ages of the characters are becoming increasingly out of sync with the age of the actors, and the actors likely want to strike while their career iron is hot.

so if youre honestly upset about the principle actors being paid like 3-4m a season, consider that most actors have an incredibly thin window of opportunity before they no longer in the running for the premium film roles, and youre taking some of the most recognizable, well known actors in the world committing to being off the market for 8+ years of a career where half that many years have pragmatic lead role potential. hence its important they be compensated well, lest they fuck off to costar with tom cruise for 10 times as much.

the assfaggots who starred in Friends made $1m per episode each for the last 2 seasons, to put things in perspective, and they didnt film in the scandinavian arctic or drill sword fighting left handed for years, etc etc.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i suspect a far more compelling concern is that the ages of the characters are becoming increasingly out of sync with the age of the actors, and the actors likely want to strike while their career iron is hot.

so if youre honestly upset about the principle actors being paid like 3-4m a season, consider that most actors have an incredibly thin window of opportunity before they no longer in the running for the premium film roles, and youre taking some of the most recognizable, well known actors in the world committing to being off the market for 8+ years of a career where half that many years have pragmatic lead role potential. hence its important they be compensated well, lest they fuck off to costar with tom cruise for 10 times as much.

the assfaggots who starred in Friends made $1m per episode each for the last 2 seasons, to put things in perspective, and they didnt film in the scandinavian arctic or drill sword fighting left handed for years, etc etc.
    Different era there though....with more money per actor, but less jobs. Shit in the 90's the major networks were rushing to scoop up young and rising comedians and just sign them to holding deals. "Here's a million bucks. don't work for any other network for the next year and...uh...work on an idea for a sitcom for yourself, or wait for us to find something to do with you."

Load Metric
    Are Arya and Sansa playing lilfinger?

Comments

vegas1369: That's my bet.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    Are Arya and Sansa playing lilfinger?

That's the guy in the Bible with the many-colored coats, right?

Load Metric
    I hope Comcast goes out of business. NOTHINGever goes right with them. On the road and I can't get my account verified.

Load Metric
    Watching him on his knees begging like a cunt was the most satisfying thing I've ever gotten from this show.

Load Metric
    loved the episode from start to finish

Load Metric
    the godzilla style theme song was plaaaaaaaat

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    loved the episode from start to finish
    Were you taking a shit during theons part?

Comments

blake: i try to block all scenes with him out
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    i feel like they left just about the perfect amount of drams to wrap up in a final season as long as we get those extra long eps.

Thread Information