Page 61 of 87 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1729

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    season finale might get leaked in the next day or two. im guessing it will be garbage quality but given that someone will be fucking stupid enough to download it and discuss it in this thread without spoiler tags, it will likely get watched.
    because of hbo's incompetence with letting their programming get leaked, I've been deliberately avoiding this thread until immediately after the episode is aired on Sunday.

it's also fucked with my YouTube watching as YouTube constantly suggests that I watched leaked footage which are somehow up for days before HBO removes them. even if you don't watch the clips, you'll get a sense of what's coming by the description. so yeah HBO is really fucking up here

there are 3 separate issues/events at bar;

one is hackers, who clearly got the better of hbo but honestly at this point in the game, thats just a fact of life/cost of doing biz.

two is the leaking one of their eps when a third party contractor in europe accidentally pushed ep6 to on-demand. 100% not hbos fault.

three is a bunch of mother fucking indians (BECAUSE OF COURSE) deliberately pirating an ep (i think ep4 or something). which is like 80% hbos fault but only because they trusted indians at all, ever.

but yeah i mean, the youtube "theory" videos are a fucking plague.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

because of hbo's incompetence with letting their programming get leaked, I've been deliberately avoiding this thread until immediately after the episode is aired on Sunday.

it's also fucked with my YouTube watching as YouTube constantly suggests that I watched leaked footage which are somehow up for days before HBO removes them. even if you don't watch the clips, you'll get a sense of what's coming by the description. so yeah HBO is really fucking up here

there are 3 separate issues/events at bar;

one is hackers, who clearly got the better of hbo but honestly at this point in the game, thats just a fact of life/cost of doing biz.

two is the leaking one of their eps when a third party contractor in europe accidentally pushed ep6 to on-demand. 100% not hbos fault.

three is a bunch of mother fucking indians (BECAUSE OF COURSE) deliberately pirating an ep (i think ep4 or something). which is like 80% hbos fault but only because they trusted indians at all, ever.

but yeah i mean, the youtube "theory" videos are a fucking plague.
    it's not even the YouTube theories I'm talking about. I literally knew the dragon would be confronting the night king before the episode even aired cause there was a spoiler clip of it that was somehow on YouTube for like two days. I didn't watch the clip but saw the thumbnail of the dragon in the snow and the description was something like drogon and the night king.

so yeah these leaks are preventing me from even going on YouTube at all this week, which might force me to actually do some work so ugh

Load Metric
    Lol at Blake's life

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Fuck it, reading all the negativity in these posts and being surprised about them makes me happy that i mustve finally turned. Enjoyed it, way over giving a fuck about time nittery and yawn benjen.

Just be happy we still have tormund and the hound you cunts.

I could literally watch hours of the hound banter with tormund, now thats some fucking dialogue.

Also if tormund fucks brianne im gonna fucking take back everything bad i ever said about this show.
    Yeah. I agree. They made those characters great.

I read the books a long time ago now, but I vaguely remember the books made a bigger deal between the Jamie/Brienne relationship. I admit the shows might have made a big deal of it too and I just forgot. I find I forget the show plotlines from years ago faster than the book ones. Unless the HBO show decides to go in a completely different direction, I assume he is going to leave Cersei for her. Sansa sending Brienne south certainly suggests that is what is probably going to happen. I doubt Tormund's feelings for Brienne are ever consumated.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post

I could literally watch hours of the hound banter with tormund, now thats some fucking dialogue.

Also if tormund fucks brianne im gonna fucking take back everything bad i ever said about this show.

I read the books a long time ago now, but I vaguely remember the books made a bigger deal between the Jamie/Brienne relationship. I admit the shows might have made a big deal of it too and I just forgot. I find I forget the show plotlines from years ago faster than the book ones. Unless the HBO show decides to go in a completely different direction, I assume he is going to leave Cersei for her. Sansa sending Brienne south certainly suggests that is what is probably going to happen. I doubt Tormund's feelings for Brienne are ever consumated.

I dont recall there being a bigger deal made of Jamie/Breinne in the books but naturally, the books had hours and hours of pages devoted to their journey, the culmination of which was Lady Stoneheart noosing Breinne before (ostensibly) the Red Priest resurrected her (shes later seen riding someplace).

So honestly most evidence is against Jameinne happening. I think they simply see their own existential burdens in each other; Jamie sees the inflexibility of her virtue, Breinne sees the complexity of Jamie's loyalty. Which is intimate but perhaps not relationship material.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

I dont recall there being a bigger deal made of Jamie/Breinne in the books but naturally, the books had hours and hours of pages devoted to their journey, the culmination of which was Lady Stoneheart noosing Breinne before (ostensibly) the Red Priest resurrected her (shes later seen riding someplace).

So honestly most evidence is against Jameinne happening. I think they simply see their own existential burdens in each other; Jamie sees the inflexibility of her virtue, Breinne sees the complexity of Jamie's loyalty. Which is intimate but perhaps not relationship material.
    Book jamies ending needs to be epic and not include brienne (all due respect).
    Ive always seen her as a device to show Jamies character growth. Hes much more stable in the text and last time we read about him hes tearing up a letter from cersei...i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I don't think the books are ever going to be written FWIW. The ending we get from the TV show is just going to have to be it. Which I am fine with. I have pretty much moved on from book GoT at this point, and I still read a lot of modern fantasy.

Banned
    Load Metric
    so yeah these leaks are preventing me from even going on YouTube at all this week, which might force me to actually do some work so ugh
    This is kind of your fault for watching so much GOT shit on YouTube in the first place (hence recommendations) but you can attempt to correct this by mashing the "not interested" button. Scorched earth. Three-dot menu (what are those called?), bottom-right corner of home page thumbnails, top-right corner of sidebar thumbnails.

Or just browse logged out or with a different account.

Load Metric
    So this isnt great... originally the season finale this sunday was 90+ minutes, and now its clocking in at just a hair under 80 minutes, aka 75 minutes once you subtract credits, previous footage, title, etc.

Given how ADD the plots become, the last thing I want to hear about is the potential that huge pieces of it are on the cutting room floor.

It also casts some doubt on HBO's willingness to go along with the proposed 90 minutes per ep runtime proposed for the handful of episodes left.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Watching them surrounded and close to freezing to death a couldn't help to wonder how nice it would have been if one of them had a magical power to set their sword on fire to warm everyone up....oh wait.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    AYE YA NOT WRONG THERE

Gold
    Load Metric
    So this isnt great... originally the season finale this sunday was 90+ minutes, and now its clocking in at just a hair under 80 minutes, aka 75 minutes once you subtract credits, previous footage, title, etc.

Given how ADD the plots become, the last thing I want to hear about is the potential that huge pieces of it are on the cutting room floor.

It also casts some doubt on HBO's willingness to go along with the proposed 90 minutes per ep runtime proposed for the handful of episodes left.
    The only way this is acceptable is if the entirety of footage on the cutting room floor is Arya/Sansa bullshit.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Sonatine said years ago that the TV series was superior to the books, which I've read, and I dismissed him summarily.

He was absolutely right, as much as I've enjoyed the books the show is much, much better. This is the best season yet IMO and it's awesome to see all of the various storylines converging.

Load Metric
    I have never watched one episode of this show. Can i start from the current season or do I need to go back a few seasons to fully appreciate it? Unless i get into a car accident tomorrow, I dont think i will time to watch it from season one.

Comments

JACKDANIELS: start at season 1 and enjoy

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    I have never watched one episode of this show. Can i start from the current season or do I need to go back a few seasons to fully appreciate it? Unless i get into a car accident tomorrow, I dont think i will time to watch it from season one.
    No, you really can't just pick it up from season 7.

Load Metric
    It can be confusing enough even if you HAVE seen every episode. The show rewards attention to detail a lot more than most.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Start with Season 1, it's well worth it.

Load Metric
    The show has ups and it has downs but no matter where it goes from here, it's already a monumental accomplishment and one of the great cultural phenomenons of our lifetimes.

So its kinda worth doing right, is my point. If you dont like it after a few eps, fuck it, but its earned some respect.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Sonatine said years ago that the TV series was superior to the books, which I've read, and I dismissed him summarily.

He was absolutely right, as much as I've enjoyed the books the show is much, much better. This is the best season yet IMO and it's awesome to see all of the various storylines converging.
    Yeah thinking about this, its perfect for TV and reading it felt like more of an accomplishment rather than leisure. I flat out skipped bran and brienne chapters the first time around.

Its pretty unfortunate that this could be the one series that could stay good for 12+ seasons but greedy jon snow doesnt wanna be the most famous person in the world for $250k a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Thread Information