Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    Very Entertaining finale as expected. Had something in my eye a couple of times.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Brienne of TARTH is GOD

Comments

::o: brutal fight

Load Metric
    Maybe I need to re-read the books but I thought Tyrion's escape was handled better in them.

Particularly, in the books I believe the escape was orchestrated by Varys, who implied not just that the realm owed Tyrion a debt, but also that he still considered Tyrion a candidate for the iron throne.

But I also totally forgot Tyrion killed Shay (in fact I totally thought they ended up traveling together) so perhaps I just white washed a bunch of horrible boring bullshit in my mind and subconsciously filled in the blanks..

Also the guy with the burnt/dragon'd child, that was a lot more fun in the books. The father wasnt weeping all over the place like a bitch, he just threw the bones down, and Khaleesi was like "OH this nigga again, we just paid you for your sheep dawg" and then someone was like "Yeah these dont look like sheep bones homey" then they all ate ice cream.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Also it looks like they are going to cut out Lady Stoneheart entirely.

Which honestly kinda works for me.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    OR she might pop up next season, which would make sense because lord knows we arent getting zombies or dragons any time soon.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    OR she might pop up next season, which would make sense because lord knows we arent getting zombies or dragons any time soon.
    Something about SAG and them not wanting to pay her big money to show up for 20 seconds this season?? Good chance we see her next year. Also the biggest reason the tyrion kills tywin part was so much better in book 3 is because jamie tells him the truth about his previously thought to be whore ex wife tysha. He threatens jamie and tells him he poisoned joffrey then rage murders shae and tywin. Also missing was mention of tywin not actually shitting gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric

Load Metric

I gotta agree with this, that whole storyline pissed me off. Basically he brings her back and at first you get excited until you realize she shows up for like five pages, moans out two lines and gets Brienne killed for all of her troubles, and then fucks off for the rest of the series.

The TV show resolved the Hound/Arya storyline much better and she still gets to go to Braavos which is really like the biggest money shot of the series. Brienne is still alive so I suppose she can meet Lady Stoneheart later on but really it was a fucking retarded addition to begin with so why bother? Now you're thinking but nunbeater, Brienne still has to die to make sense plotwise right? No, not really, not when the plot was fucking rubbish anyway.

Shit if she still needs to die for the story I am sure there is something way better than zombie plot device that is fucking retarded to take her out.

Load Metric
    So apparently there is a lot of talk about how Lady Stoneheart is coming in the next season, and coming hard.

And I have to admit, when I look at what else there is to work with, I get it.

Like, what's left at Kings Landing?

As of now, about 15 minutes of footage according to the books.

Tyrian is about to go on his walkabout, which is going to eviscerate the ratings and probably sink the series. Dragon bitch pretty much does exactly fuckall from here on out. The wall, ok. Bran's basically done until the next book drops, lest they start spoiling the fucking books, which would be absolutely hilaaaaaarious... The wall.... what in the fuck ever... Reek/Ramses... all I remember are chapters of Reek muttering to himself while they ride around doing exactly nothing for no reason. Sansa spends about 3 - 4 hours placating the little retarded shit she inherited responsibility for...

Seriously; other than the Arya plot line which is going to be tits on fire, what else is there at this point? I dont see how they can avoid a Lady Stoneheart/Brothers plot.

Comments

4Dragons: foreshadowing on foreshadowing rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

I gotta agree with this, that whole storyline pissed me off. Basically he brings her back and at first you get excited until you realize she shows up for like five pages, moans out two lines and gets Brienne killed for all of her troubles, and then fucks off for the rest of the series.

The TV show resolved the Hound/Arya storyline much better and she still gets to go to Braavos which is really like the biggest money shot of the series. Brienne is still alive so I suppose she can meet Lady Stoneheart later on but really it was a fucking retarded addition to begin with so why bother? Now you're thinking but nunbeater, Brienne still has to die to make sense plotwise right? No, not really, not when the plot was fucking rubbish anyway.

Shit if she still needs to die for the story I am sure there is something way better than zombie plot device that is fucking retarded to take her out.
    Brienne doesnt die. Shes trying to lure jaime to LSH and crew. Since the showrunners are hellbent on changing so nuch shit hopefully they keep varys close to tyrion for some of next season. That should make it suck less.
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    "Brienne doesnt die. Shes trying to lure jaime to LSH and crew"

Is she tho? I thought her fate was far less defined, beyond the 'someone saw her on a horse someplace' reference. I mean, it makes sense, but it also seems to imply that somehow the LSH confrontation leaves her radically changed in spirit, and I havent seen that happen yet.

Im totally not ruling it out, honestly it makes sense when I look at it, but I dont recall coming away with any definitive ruling in the book.

Load Metric

Is she tho? I thought her fate was far less defined, beyond the 'someone saw her on a horse someplace' reference. I mean, it makes sense, but it also seems to imply that somehow the LSH confrontation leaves her radically changed in spirit, and I havent seen that happen yet.

Im totally not ruling it out, honestly it makes sense when I look at it, but I dont recall coming away with any definitive ruling in the book.

Load Metric

I was under the impression promising jaime/jaimes head was how she got out of getting merc'd herself. I also remember poor podrick getting hung but have read theories that say na that nigga aint dead.

Load Metric
    My recollection was

"...false friend!" then they strung them both up, and zombie Breinne was seen after the fact. Assumption being that Podrick was zombied as well. As well as The Hound.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Sonatine,

You seem to be ignoring the storylines involving the Ironborn, Dany's nephew (forgot his name), and all the Dorne characters. I am not saying these storylines are particularly interesting in the book (they aren't), but there is plenty of material to draw from for a new season. HBO just has a lot of editing to do to make next season good. Also, like someone else mentioned, they could save some money by not including the characters involved in the storyarcs almost caught up.

Load Metric
    Whoa, there was still an Ironborn storyline in the books? Did I totally blank it?

Its sure as shit not impossible.....

And who is Dany's nephew? Totally drawing a blank there too.

Load Metric

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Aegon_Targaryen

Huh!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Whoa, there was still an Ironborn storyline in the books? Did I totally blank it?

Its sure as shit not impossible.....

Sounds like you are forgetting big chunks of book 5.

The Ironborn storyline is Theon has an uncle who has united the Ironborn. He has some kind of horn that allows him to control dragons and the entire Ironborn fleet is sailing around the south of westeros, presumably to find Dany's dragons.

Dany nephew storyline is Rhaegar's youngest son survived and is being raised by a nobleman who was Rhaegar's friend in the East. Tyrion spent a bunch of time with them. At the end of book 5 after separation from Tyrion they had just landed on Westeros and making their push for the throne.

Comments

sonatine: word

Load Metric
    I guess I need to re-read Dance.

Load Metric
    So after reading some Stoneheart specific wikipedia commentary, it sank in that I missed a _lot_ thanks to skimming and narcotic strength marijuana abuse.

Ive decided to re-read book 3 on.

....while still skipping blond skanks bullshit chapters.

Thread Information