Page 56 of 87 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1729

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    https://laughingsquid.com/leslie-jon...me-of-thrones/

dude.

varys suddenly popping up on the comedy talk show circuit screeeeeeams impending death.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    https://laughingsquid.com/leslie-jon...me-of-thrones/

dude.

varys suddenly popping up on the comedy talk show circuit screeeeeeams impending death.

As much as i hate the way the PC culture has ruined comedy, that was pretty funny.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Here's something I've been wondering, the Targaryen genes seem to be very strong, Rhaegar seems to have inherited those strong valerian features, so why does Jon Snow look like a half breed mut? Obviously he's half stark, but he didn't seem to get any of the Targaryen.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I'm in Europe right now....in case anyone is curious your $15 a month for HBO to go doesn't work anywhere else then Murcia.

Fucking bullshit.
    The most amazing part of my vacation was the last two episodes not being spoiled.

The second most amazing thing was the past two episodes having about 2 seasons worth of material in them. We just hitting the fast forward button as hard as we can now I guess.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    A microcosm of how ridiculously this whole show is being wrapped up.

Load Metric
    I'm in Europe right now....in case anyone is curious your $15 a month for HBO to go doesn't work anywhere else then Murcia.

Fucking bullshit.
    The most amazing part of my vacation was the last two episodes not being spoiled.

The second most amazing thing was the past two episodes having about 2 seasons worth of material in them. We just hitting the fast forward button as hard as we can now I guess.

the showrunners want the last 6 or 7 episodes to be about 90+ minutes long each, but some hbo execs have stated that it might be a bit much, so i gotta wonder if they are preparing for a worst case scenario where they lose 3+ hours of footage in the final season. that said im not sure who has final say on that or whether or not contracts have been signed, so grain of salt.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_1814.JPG
Views: 260
Size:  235.8 KB

Comments

Crowe Diddly: much funnier than I expected rep

ToasterOven:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    i like game of thrones a lot.

Load Metric
    i like game of thrones a lot.
    Gilly just solved the whole thing. Game over, Jons not a bastard yall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    I just hope the band of brothers don't go into video game mode and take down 10,000 dudes next week in order to catch 1 of them alive. I mean I know we are talking about realism in a show with dragons here but it will piss me off.

Load Metric
    Tormund brought it in just one quick scene:

"I thought your job was to talk him out of stupid F-ing ideas like this?"

"So are you trying to convince the Queen with the Dragons or the Queen that Fs her brother?"

"So who's going? The big woman? [eyebrow]"

Load Metric
    Line of the night as a tip of the cap to people who blog/talk about the show.

"I thought you were still rowing that boat"

Load Metric
    Gilly is god.

Load Metric
    so if anyone else was as confused as i was by this, that letter littlefinger made sure arya read was the letter sansa was forced to write/send to robb waaaay the fuck back in the day;

“Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert’s brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King’s Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark.”

i actually had no fucking idea thats what it was and pieced together a few words and was somehow came to the conclusion that sansa was getting ready to have bran killed or something and had already written a letter about it because oh god i dont know, but yeah the actual explanation makes a bit more sense.

Gold
    Load Metric
    last 2 eps really GOATing it up in completely different ways. if only they can hit this balance in alternating eps for the remainder...

only thing i dont like is arya appearing to get completely bamboozled by littlefinger after her training as no one. also if that letter is enough to drive a wedge between arya and sansa it will be a headscratcher for me considering robb immediately, and correctly, concluded sansa wrote that under extreme duress when he received it.

btw things not looking good for the next lannister bundle of joy if we recall maggy the frog prophecy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    last 2 eps really GOATing it up in completely different ways. if only they can hit this balance in alternating eps for the remainder...

only thing i dont like is arya appearing to get completely bamboozled by littlefinger after her training as no one. also if that letter is enough to drive a wedge between arya and sansa it will be a headscratcher for me considering robb immediately, and correctly, concluded sansa wrote that under extreme duress when he received it.

btw things not looking good for the next lannister bundle of joy if we recall maggy the frog prophecy.

yeah im not entirely sure cersei isnt full of anything but shit, she really might just be lying to jamie to solidify his loyalty and give him something to fight for.

im not 100% sure what to make of the arya/lf situation either btw. im especially not enjoying arya torturing sansa like shes pulling the wings off a fly. does not seem productive.

also heres something to consider; grr martin has flown endless flags about how hes blowing up the traditional fantasy tropes with these books, meanwhile the showrunners are doing everything they can to paint jon snow in the most fantasy trope strokes available; low brooding boy finds out he's special and rises in the world? pretty sure that harry potter shit blows up in the final lap.

Load Metric
    I just feel like this entire series of shows was made so that incest wouldn't look all that bad..........gross.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

i believe jon snow would be first in line.
    Jon Snow's parents were both noble, but they weren't married. I think that makes him ineligible.

Rhaegar's was married to Elia Martell. Tywin Lannister had her and her kids murdered because they had a claim to the throne.

UH OHHHHH....

Load Metric
    I loved the ep as well, although the idea of capturing a wight sounds great in theory, I have no fucking clue what their plan is to try to do so.

Agree with Daly, Tormund steals the show again, and The Hound as well....pretty much common territory for them.

I wonder if Beric and Jon will have fun, casual conversations about being resurrected from death during their walk.

Gold
    Load Metric
    odds on benjen/coldhands appearance next ep?

Thread Information