Page 49 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

also remember that jon isnt her brother, like at all.
    They're first cousins, but that hardly counts.
    Just ask HEX

Comments

ToasterOven: ZINGER

Load Metric
    Soooooo... pretty fucking good episode. Not sure how Arya managed to like, not hear anything about Winterfell but I'm not looking to make an issue of it.

Comments

Daly: 100% * 100% = This.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Soooooo... pretty fucking good episode. Not sure how Arya managed to like, not hear anything about Winterfell but I'm not looking to make an issue of it.
    Lol....the episode wrapped up and I came here to post this. 100%This. 1000000%

"Hey hot pie.... how ya doing..... anything new going on"

Negro please.

Load Metric
    Sooo what did she say when the direwolf peaced out? That wasnt nymeria?

How does qyburn go from resurrecting the mountain to "omg lets build big crossbows to counter the dragons"?

Missandei's body is a 34/34.

Anyone else think Jons days are numbered?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post

How does qyburn go from resurrecting the mountain to "omg lets build big crossbows to counter the dragons"?

when Ned was talking to Arya back in season 1 about how she'd be a princess or Lady or whatever the fuck, she was all, "That's not me." She knew that wasn't her path. When she met her direwolf again, she was all "Come with me!" Wolf was all, 'That's not me.' Except direwolves don't talk, so Arya had to say it. The wolf has its own life now. Wouldn;t be shocked to see it again, tho.

Comments

varys: For being wise

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

when Ned was talking to Arya back in season 1 about how she'd be a princess or Lady or whatever the fuck, she was all, "That's not me." She knew that wasn't her path. When she met her direwolf again, she was all "Come with me!" Wolf was all, 'That's not me.' Except direwolves don't talk, so Arya had to say it. The wolf has its own life now. Wouldn;t be shocked to see it again, tho.
    ^^good stuff. The way the scene unfolded was obv to me but i assumed nymeria was all "bitch remember those rocks you threw at me? GL."

Ive become an awful viewer without reading material.

WTF THEON???
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Thinking more about it, i think jon is our hero, however far that takes him. Im calling some botched attempt on his life en route to dragonstone by LF that heavily complicates shit in the north, mainly between himself and sansa obv.

Load Metric
    I'd say it's a mortal lock that direwolf turns up to save the day before this series is out.

Remember the line about not leaving any wolves alive.

Load Metric
    So at what point did the writers get together and decide ripping off The Hobbit was a good idea?

Load Metric
    i kinda loved genuinely being unsure if that wolf was going to tear arya's face off or not.

also i seriously just remembered that ghost is still alive as well. wtf.

Comments

varys: If LF doesnt swoop this should be why
    Last edited by sonatine; 07-23-2017 at 07:35 PM.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    i kinda loved genuinely being unsure if that wolf was going to tear arya's face off or not.
    That in a nutshell is why this show is great. Surely the wolf won't kill her. I mean right? Surely. Fuck, maybe, this is GOT. Run Arya! Fuck, NO. Oh, whew, wow
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Solid episode...killed off a few extra characters that no one gave a fuck about anyway.

I found it funny that they had my two favorite/best main actors on the show spend half their time this episode darting glances just for the camera.

LITTLEFINGER ON THE THRONE AT THE END ONE TIME. TID

Load Metric
    Also, 2 eps in.....still no Bran....nor (IIRC) was he featured much in trailers. Soooooooo he plays heavily in the endgame methinks.

I almost wonder if the end will take it back to where it started.....all Starks/Jon

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Also, 2 eps in.....still no Bran....nor (IIRC) was he featured much in trailers. Soooooooo he plays heavily in the endgame methinks.

I almost wonder if the end will take it back to where it started.....all Starks/Jon
    He shows up at the wall early in ep 1.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

He shows up at the wall early in ep 1.
    oh shit yeah i already forgot about that scene. had to go rewatch.

Load Metric
    Still...I could see it playing out this way. Most the main characters die while fighting for control of the seven kingdoms, meanwhile its the Starks who actually save the kingdom from the white walkers.....between Bran and his warging, Arya maybe becoming a wolf queen, and Sansa as the Queen....with Jon fighting and Samwell helping out with info.

Sounds crazy, but obv its not a show that doesnt mind killing off its top-billed performers. Plus it seems like a fairytale ending. Except for poor Rickon, who couldn't duck and weave.

Load Metric
    i think nymeria showed up to demonstrate that arya is well and truly no longer whoever she was. arya walked away from old arya, for better or worse, and nymeria turning its back on arya was meant to really demonstrate that a) innocence is over and b) there are costs to her choices that she hasnt even begun to comprehend.

and the more i consider it, the more i expect arya is not long for that world. she doesnt fit in anyplace. shes a profoundly damaged teenager with godlike power over life and death, thats maybe not a great energy on the chessboard at this point. oh and her sister, also a profoundly damaged teenager, is the queen of the north for the time being. gotta wonder how well those two are going to get on when sansa pulls rank on her.

and shout out to some good old GoT bedshitting...: sorry but dont all the sand snakes have poison on their knives and shit? because im pretty sure they cut euron greyjoy like half a dozen times, no? and hes doing great? oh and momma sandsnake spent an entire fight cowering behind her daughter?

if they end up handed over to cersei, (obviously this is the plan at bar), without poisoning themselves, thats going to be bedshittasaurus rex.

still loved this ep compared to the season opener but those sorts of inconsistencies are really taking the sting off this shit ending in 14 hours or whatever.

edit: quote from writers..;

“Arya’s not domesticated and it makes total sense her wolf wouldn’t be either. Once the wolf walks away, at first she’s heartbroken to have come this close. Then she realizes the wolf is doing exactly what she would do if she were that wolf.”

i mean, i get it, but its not entirely convincing to me that somehow, that whole scene was a self contained moment. its got to play out against the larger arya arc somehow, either priming us for arya possibly going insane or arya having a 'you cant walk through the same river twice' moment and lone-wolfing the fuck away from winterfell, possibly without even walking through the front door.
    Last edited by sonatine; 07-24-2017 at 05:18 AM.

Load Metric
    i think nymeria showed up to demonstrate that arya is well and truly no longer whoever she was. arya walked away from old arya, for better or worse, and nymeria turning its back on arya was meant to really demonstrate that a) innocence is over and b) there are costs to her choices that she hasnt even begun to comprehend.

and the more i consider it, the more i expect arya is not long for that world. she doesnt fit in anyplace. shes a profoundly damaged teenager with godlike power over life and death, thats maybe not a great energy on the chessboard at this point. oh and her sister, also a profoundly damaged teenager, is the queen of the north for the time being. gotta wonder how well those two are going to get on when sansa pulls rank on her.

and shout out to some good old GoT bedshitting...: sorry but dont all the sand snakes have poison on their knives and shit? because im pretty sure they cut euron greyjoy like half a dozen times, no? and hes doing great? oh and momma sandsnake spent an entire fight cowering behind her daughter?

if they end up handed over to cersei, (obviously this is the plan at bar), without poisoning themselves, thats going to be bedshittasaurus rex.

still loved this ep compared to the season opener but those sorts of inconsistencies are really taking the sting off this shit ending in 14 hours or whatever.

“Arya’s not domesticated and it makes total sense her wolf wouldn’t be either. Once the wolf walks away, at first she’s heartbroken to have come this close. Then she realizes the wolf is doing exactly what she would do if she were that wolf.”

i mean, i get it, but its not entirely convincing to me that somehow, that whole scene was a self contained moment. its got to play out against the larger arya arc somehow, either priming us for arya possibly going insane or arya having a 'you cant walk through the same river twice' moment and lone-wolfing the fuck away from winterfell, possibly without even walking through the front door.
    I wanted to come with some sandsnake nittery but that whole scene was so absurd yet entertaining that im trying not to even think about it short of lets get rid of the rest of the dornish characters because theyre a waste of screentime.

Lets not forget how theyve completely fucked up how awesome the unsullied are by giving greyworm feelings. IF GRRM watched the show i would think hed be pissed off about that

Load Metric

I wanted to come with some sandsnake nittery but that whole scene was so absurd yet entertaining that im trying not to even think about it short of lets get rid of the rest of the dornish characters because theyre a waste of screentime.

Lets not forget how theyve completely fucked up how awesome the unsullied are by giving greyworm feelings. IF GRRM watched the show i would think hed be pissed off about that

i literally reached for the remote control when she walked into greyworms room and only stopped myself because there is only so much left.

greyworm getting croaked now seems like a forgone conclusion, because formulae. i resent being put in a position where im going to be surprised if something obviously and hacky doesnt happen.

Comments

varys: And those hips... can we talk about the hips?

Load Metric
    I agree with everyone on the overall quality of this episode. I liked it a lot, even with the few issues mentioned here.

I feel like King's Landing is going to be boring this year. Cersei being Cersei and Jaime side eyeing her speeches is going to get old quick. I feel like these have been the least interesting scenes so far and I expect it to continue.

If they were going to keep a sand snake, at least they kept the cute one, so there's that.

Thread Information