Page 42 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    So my grand prediction on the season ending is "the secret" is the wild fire storages from the Mad King days are still in Kings landing and the whole place gets burnt to the ground this week taking the faith and the King with it. This also squares the circle because it fulfills the prophecy of Tommen droping dead and clears the way for the "real" final battle of Walkers vs Human.

Load Metric
    good to see jon made such good use of his wolf there.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    the arya question is so open ended and insane, there is literally no longer an arya end game scenario where the writers didnt stone shit the bed.

either shes still arya, in which case the scene in braavos was a total bedshit, or shes now waif and on a mission to kill sansa, probably hired by cersei, in which case the scene in braavos was still a massive bedshit but so was the totally needless scene in the temple where she apparently cut off her old face and put on aryas.

and why would she do that...? it gains her no advantage at all and turns every aspect of the story into a Fallout 4 'is she human or a synth' question.

yeah its just a bed made of shit at this point.
    Last edited by sonatine; 06-20-2016 at 06:44 AM.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    http://winteriscoming.net/2016/06/14...died-offscreen

lol at the director just being like "WAIF DIED, DEAL WITH IT"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    the arya question is so open ended and insane, there is literally no longer an arya end game scenario where the writers didnt stone shit the bed.

either shes still arya, in which case the scene in braavos was a total bedshit, or shes now waif and on a mission to kill sansa, probably hired by cersei, in which case the scene in braavos was still a massive bedshit but so was the totally needless scene in the temple where she apparently cut off her old face and put on aryas.

and why would she do that...? it gains her no advantage at all and turns every aspect of the story into a Fallout 4 'is she human or a synth' question.

This whole storyline is to me, a dead end. I mean all this shit she went through has to be for a higher purpose, but it really seems like a girl has no plot line.

I guess this would be the only reason i'd want to read the books, is to figure out what it is that those that have read them (in this thread) are on about with her because from my perspective, she's the bonus Stark if they decide to not renew Sansa's contract.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

This whole storyline is to me, a dead end. I mean all this shit she went through has to be for a higher purpose, but it really seems like a girl has no plot line.

I guess this would be the only reason i'd want to read the books, is to figure out what it is that those that have read them (in this thread) are on about with her because from my perspective, she's the bonus Stark if they decide to not renew Sansa's contract.
    She has some very cool, cold blooded parts in the books but i never saw her as more than average as far as the POVs go. Jamie/Davos/Tyrion were much better imo.

Load Metric
    LegalizeMeth: it was a great episode stop nitpicking

this is not entirely untrue.

Load Metric
    Enjoyed the episode despite the predictability. Tormund NOT dying was the only surprise for me, I suppose theyre saving him so he can make insane viking babies with Brienne.

Obviously the repeated whining about the 6k men vs only 2k was to build up LF showing up, but still it ignores the fact YOU HAVE A FUCKING GIANT. He's gotta be worth at least a thousand men.

Load Metric
    Also, ya the repeating themes this year by the lazy writers are just lulz.

jorah/davos finding things in the middle of the field

hodor/wunwun having their final moments with a door

Load Metric
    I enjoyed the episode but the series is starting to play out in a Walking Dead kinda way. We have had a lot of build up that needs a payoff so the writers are obliging. Just from a pure film making POV I thought the battle scene with Jon Snow drowning in the bodies was excellent.

Load Metric
    i feel, strongly, that either the writers are just totally fucking retarded at this point, or arya is actually waif and shes going to open up sansa's throat at cersei's behest.

Load Metric
    true story; the European Regional Development Fund actually cofunded GoT's production.

post-Brexit, their further support is basically unlikely.

given that HBO's budget for GoT is laughable to begin with, i wouldnt expect many dragons in the next 12 hours of footage.

Load Metric
    true story; the European Regional Development Fund actually cofunded GoT's production.

post-Brexit, their further support is basically unlikely.

given that HBO's budget for GoT is laughable to begin with, i wouldnt expect many dragons in the next 12 hours of footage.
    seems way overly pessimistic, considering the bulk of the tapings aren't in the UK anyway. I'd imagine its not too hard to find a proper area in the republic of ireland to film the Winterfell and/or kingsroad stuff they still need to film. everything else is in other EU countries already, so I doubt they cut the entire thing just to spite England, they'll simply move what they have to to greener pastures.

edit: according to HBO, they haven't taken ERDF money for years now anyway.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 06-24-2016 at 01:22 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

edit: according to HBO, they haven't taken ERDF money for years now anyway.

well fuck me, disregard, ty.

Load Metric
    Maybe they'll take some of that Georgia money and make the shit circle complete

Load Metric
    i feel, strongly, that either the writers are just totally fucking retarded at this point, or arya is actually waif and shes going to open up sansa's throat at cersei's behest.
    I think this season has showed us the writers are on level 1 and plot twists/theories are not happening. The arya plotline, noncleganebowl, shaggydog being dead/umbers fighting for bolton are all good examples imo. Its time to look at this show through a much different lens and just enjoy it for what it is i guess.

Comments

ToasterOven:

sonatine: :superthis

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    I think this season has showed us the writers are on level 1 and plot twists/theories are not happening. The arya plotline, noncleganebowl, shaggydog being dead/umbers fighting for bolton are all good examples imo. Its time to look at this show through a much different lens and just enjoy it for what it is i guess.
    :

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post

of course you are 100 percent correct but that is the problem. I have little time to watch tv. I have watched this show for five plus years (April, 2011 ) I have been addicted to this since the premiere. If the writing had started with level 1 thinking, then I would have quit the show -- aka "Vinyl"

I can't start thinking of this show in that manner-- you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube

Comments

varys: Easier said than done rep

Load Metric
    What I get most out of this clip is that Leslie Jones should be hosting the Seth Meyers show.

Thread Information