Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

I thought it sucked, last scene was cool but the rest sucked
    yup
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    it was unreally boring.

pretty sick final 4 minutes or whatever but honestly, jesus christ.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    There were a few good moments, I thought, along with the smashing end. As a guy who has to do my absolute best not to laugh at funerals or crack jokes at the worst possible, most serious moments, Arya's reaction to the news of her aunt's death was pretty awesome.

I have no idea what to make of this Reek business. So they send theon/reek into the north to talk to all the Iron Born or whatever, to convince them to whatever. Once he gets there, this broken, defeated half-wit merely has to tell everyone he's theon greyjoy, they open the gates and take him to their leader. Leader's like "why should I believe you are who you say you are?" and reek's all "Because I'm Theon Greyjoy your prince and my dad and the dead may never die etc"

If they didn't know what Theon looked like or sounded like and never met him before, isn't theon the worst possible person to send on this mission? It worked out of course, no thanks to theon, but jesus, how gullible are these fucks? Even theon doesn't believe he's theon.

Load Metric
    i started to skip the reek chapters in the books as well as the dragonwhatever bitch.

oh yeah in case we've forgotten, she has dragons.

remember?

because i kinda dont at this point.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i started to skip the reek chapters in the books as well as the dragonwhatever bitch.

oh yeah in case we've forgotten, she has dragons.

remember?

because i kinda dont at this point.
    Which is ironic, cos lord did it drag on
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    The HBO series better end with the entire realm covered in ashes and bones, with an incredibly well rendered dragon turking Khaleesi in the shitter for like 10 solid minutes.

Comments

superallah: setting the bar rep.

4Dragons: 10 solid minutes rep

Load Metric

I actually thought that Sophie Turner killed it this week as Sansa. I don't mind that change from the book since the original framing the bard for Lyssa's murder bit was fucking retarded but this exposition shit where they basically look into the camera and speak out the plot is killing me. Loved the Oberyn/Mountain fight, I think they win the most gruesome fatality prize for that scene.

Personally I loved Tyrion and Jorah meeting up as slaves, I think that they will fucking kill it on the show and show motherfuckers wassup. The Dany parts were infuriating to me because while she is a stone cold fox she still made some dumb fucking moves. Oh well what are you gonna do, at this point if the storyline didn't piss off some readers I would be disappointed.

Load Metric
    Jesus, tough crowd here. Let me know when you write a show better than GOT.

It isn't as good as it used to be, but it's not awful yet. Like, Weeds awful or any other number of shows I am sure you've watched and ended up despising.

It's probably tough for them to keep making these shows without books 6 or 7 being written yet. I'd imagine that has some influence on their decisions to do what they do.

That fight was great. That dude was an amazing fighter, and had some seriously sick moves against the mountain.

I was pretty happy to not have to hear Queen Lannister cunt talk at all during that episode.

Still lots of great characters involved. Hopefully they all cross paths sooner or later and shit begins to fully unravel. I hope they don't just keep making dumb seasons to appease their pockets.

Comments

::o: breaking the circlejerk rep
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    not to get into an efight but they arent even close to exhausting the plot lines in books so far, they are just ignoring them, to their manifest detriment more often than not.

id say the show is 60% as good as the first and second seasons right now, absolute tops.

do i enjoy watching it? sure.

am i disappointed? you betcha.

Comments

JimmyG_415: I give, I don't enjoy the show nearly as much as I did pre thread

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    Jesus, tough crowd here. Let me know when you write a show better than GOT.

It isn't as good as it used to be, but it's not awful yet. Like, Weeds awful or any other number of shows I am sure you've watched and ended up despising.

It's probably tough for them to keep making these shows without books 6 or 7 being written yet. I'd imagine that has some influence on their decisions to do what they do.

That fight was great. That dude was an amazing fighter, and had some seriously sick moves against the mountain.

I was pretty happy to not have to hear Queen Lannister cunt talk at all during that episode.

Still lots of great characters involved. Hopefully they all cross paths sooner or later and shit begins to fully unravel. I hope they don't just keep making dumb seasons to appease their pockets.

Weeds didn't get awful...This dude saved the show....

Name:  52682282.jpg
Views: 1243
Size:  38.7 KB

Load Metric
    1> 4> 2> 3

Not sure what to make of the future. Sonatines correct that everything gets pretty flat sometime in book 4 up to the end of 5. Really curious what theyll do with the plotlines that are already caught up, like the vale stuff. the showrunners have been hit or (more often) miss with all the shit theyve added on their own.

Overall ive enjoyed this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by guy on internet View Post
    I'm ****** fuming right now. I hate this show so badly. It's brought no joy in my life all it's brought is agony. Wat a bullshyt ending. Back in season 1 I backed my boy Ned Stark and that neckbeard decides to kill him off. It stung but I got over it and I started backing his son Robb. He was younger, hotter than his dad and had a direwolf on his side so I figured it was a trade-up. Then that POS GRRM kills him and his whole family off in the most brutal way possible at a ****** wedding and then to add salt on a womb we see that sick shot of his body on his direwolfs head. Wat kind of fuked up human being thinks up stuff like that. I was devastated after last season. The Starks who represent everything that is good in this world were in shambles. Bran is going to like antarctica. Sansa is having a borderline pedo relationship in the moon door castle and Arya has been walking around for like 3 seasons doing jackshyt. I used to like Daenerys because she has banging titties and dragons but nope she's too busy playing judge judy in a pyramid rather than ****** shyt up in king's landing. Instead of showing us any of that we get painful friendzone scenes with Jorah every episode that reminds me of my high school days. Who the *** am I supposed to root for in this show? Ok you bring in Prince Obrien this season and I was balls deep into him the minute they introduced him. He kinda looks like me and was an alpha fighter and lover and had some cheeky lines. I was rooting for him hard to become the king but nope that neckbeard writes him the most gruesome sickening death ever. Why couldn't he have just died in 5 seconds atleast the pain wouldn't have been so bad nope you gotta have him die that way. WTF is wrong with this show. Just when I think I was gonna make it this show takes everything I love and face **** it to death. Great maybe we'll get more scenes with that phaggot mountain character who has an IQ comparable to shweezy (my sports misc boys know wat i'm talking about). Meanwhile the POS Lannister and Tyrell family gets away unscathed again. So many lucky bounces going Tywin and Cersei's way I hate them so ****** badly. My golden son Jamie in captured by Robb Stark? Oh look his beta mom sets him free. About to get fuked in the blackwater by Stannis? Nope Tywin puts in a last minute cheat code and in come the Tyrell's with unlimited ships and money to help save the day. How do I get rid of Robb Stark in season 3? I'll just scheme some hail mary play with Roose and Waldy to kill off all the Starks at a wedding without losing a single person on my side. My grandson Joffrey gets poisoned. No big deal we'll have his younger, more aesthetic, kinder, smarter brother become King and not a single *** was given. Oh about to have the mountain killed and my shady as *** past revealed in King's Landing? Naw at the last minute Prince Obrien is slaughtered and I just moonwalk away again without a scratch. I hate this show and I'm done with it. And from the preview next week it looks like [edited]. dfw the most likeable character left on the show is Stannis Baratheon who has a swag rating of 14/100. I swear by season 7 this show will basically be the Lannisters/Boltons/Freys holding gay orgies in King's Landing while Stannis and Davos conjure up a plan every episode to *** them up but at the last minute it gets fuked up like the Pinky and Brain. *** that neckbeard GRRM. *** this show. *** the misc and all of you.

Comments

nunbeater: add salt on a womb rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

With every utterance about his sister and parents, with every twist, with every spin and with every whirling dervish move he flawlessly executed, I could think of one thing and one thing only...

Load Metric
    Bronn would have won that fight. As soon as the Mountain was on his back he would have face stabbed him until he was a Hill instead of giving some speech about his dead relatives.

Also I am pretty sure everyone knows Tywin's shady past, they just don't give a fuck.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I've never watched GOT and I told a Co worker today I dont watch it because it reminds me of lord of the rings without the costumes.

Also many of my friends tell me it's sweet, so that rubs me the wrong way too.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post
    I've never watched GOT and I told a Co worker today I dont watch it because it reminds me of lord of the rings without the costumes.

Also many of my friends tell me it's sweet, so that rubs me the wrong way too.
    You're right, it is exactly Lord of the Rings without the costumes. Your friends are morons.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    not to get into an efight but they arent even close to exhausting the plot lines in books so far, they are just ignoring them, to their manifest detriment more often than not.

id say the show is 60% as good as the first and second seasons right now, absolute tops.

But you knew you were going to be disappointed, and honestly aren't you just a little bit surprised that you're still enjoying it as much as you are?

If I'd have listened to you and cobson I would have stopped at book 2.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

But you knew you were going to be disappointed, and honestly aren't you just a little bit surprised that you're still enjoying it as much as you are?

If I'd have listened to you and cobson I would have stopped at book 2.

you know... im not surprised, only because its a genre that is close to my heart. i grew up with it.

the reason im outspoken about it is because the first 2 seasons basically redeemed the clusterfuck that the books quickly became. so when i literally have to sit there and watch grey worm and whats her face wax poetic to each other about the time she showed him her cooter, i mean, yeah im going to vent.

Load Metric
    The more I read this thread, the more i'm happy I didn't read the books. I just have to take the show at face value. I would have to imagine it being like The Shining book vs The Shining movie. But seriously, just taking plot points into account, nothing happens in this show until the last 7 minutes. Just mindless banter until then.

Comments

sonatine: seersies

JimmyG_415: Agreed, that fight would have sucked if I knew who won

Thread Information