Page 39 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    WHAT THE FUCK AM I WATCHING, KRULL?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Tyrion,bronn,arya,jamie... not a single interesting thing about any of these characters anymore. Bring on the hound and brotherhood vs the walkers and torch the rest of the script.

Load Metric
    what a fucking waste of a show.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    definitely a WOAT episode.

bring on the bastard-bowl

Load Metric
    Somehow I went from feeling like so much was happening so fast to why the fuck have we wasted the last three weeks on this bullshit.

Load Metric
    So many theories out there regarding arya and who it really was that got stabbed up. People throwing out fightclub theories, analyzing the shadows. Just lol @ giving these showrunners this much credit. Also lol at turning the waif girl into T-1000.

Load Metric
    ok so clearly littlefinger rides in and saves the day for jon and sansa in winterfell, ostensibly too late to save sansa. im assuming sansa's body gets picked up by a weeping hound and he forces the priest to turn her into stoneheart.

then winter comes so they conveniently pivot out of westeros more or less entirely except for the bullshit drama at the castle.

and then the rest of the show is cersei/dany/jon/bran vs white walkers with ironfags possibly playing for either team...

~gaaaaaaay~

Load Metric
    Remember dorne? Me either

Load Metric
    im guessing the show ends with the white walker drama playing out quietly in the north, cersei toasting herself over the news that everyone else on the show is dead, and then the final shot is dorne showing up to plunder her shit with arya literally hiding under cersei's bed with needle clenched in her teeth.

Gold
    Load Metric
    surprised it never got posted here but last week i came across a discussion of leaks for the season posted by a reddit user before the season aired and they have all been spot on from the hound returning to hodor's origin and benjen/coldhands it also called the no trial by combat for cersei.

pretty easy to find with the google if anyone feels like spoiling themselves this late in the game. there are a few major reveals for next week and the finale. you've been warned.

Comments

varys: Might as well

sonatine: yup im in

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    surprised it never got posted here but last week i came across a discussion of leaks for the season posted by a reddit user before the season aired and they have all been spot on from the hound returning to hodor's origin and benjen/coldhands it also called the no trial by combat for cersei.

pretty easy to find with the google if anyone feels like spoiling themselves this late in the game. there are a few major reveals for next week and the finale. you've been warned.

usually when i read spoilers im like 'oh wow fuck man i wish i hadnt read that' and this time im literally like oh that makes sense i guess shrug.

i stopped reading halfway down the page but yeah this guy 100% phished a GoT staff's email credentials and capered off with a script.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post

usually when i read spoilers im like 'oh wow fuck man i wish i hadnt read that' and this time im literally like oh that makes sense i guess shrug.

i stopped reading halfway down the page but yeah this guy 100% phished a GoT staff's email credentials and capered off with a script.
    apparently this guy has a track record of this with a few other hbo shows

Load Metric
    Well at least I had a feeling that Arya would end this shit with her sword. Battle while Danaery's was gone was inevitable to give her a reason to attack something with dragons, just 3 episodes later than it should have happened.

The only redeeming part of the episode was the scene with Edmure coming to grips with what's important in life by way of Jamie. It was a deep look at how people of power really, really think.

Load Metric
    As a sidepiece, how dare they not show the systematic dismantling of the Blackfish after all the shit he pulled.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    FUCKING TERRIBLE.
    Agreed, not as terrible as some previous weeks , best part of tonights show was the preview for next week followed by the credits.

So they show Arya fighting that bitch in depth for an entire season and then when she kills her they don't show it?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    As a sidepiece, how dare they not show the systematic dismantling of the Blackfish after all the shit he pulled.
    And this

Load Metric
    Well that was a joke of an episode.

Load Metric
    Episode 9 y'all.

Wun Wun will save the day.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    what utter trash-- horrible and in my opinion worst episode of the series- only good part was the hound's one liners and he should be DEAD!

I realize these episodes are expensive but they take the cheap way out every time

examples of budget cutting

-Aria kills the waif in the dark
    -Kingslayer has 8k troops outside the Riverrun promising violence for three episodes-- takes the castle in the the most non violent and inexpensive way possible
    -Bad Ass blackfish dies off camera

I understand the next episode will have a big battle- I think?- but who knows

I also expect Littlefinger to show up which is great since we have had approximately 8 60 minutes ( 480 total ) episodes with maybe a total of five minutes with Littlefinger - 3 of these minutes spent groveling for forgiveness

Finally maybe somebody could help me with why we spent 2+ seasons with Arya and the many face god for that plot develop- I was so excited when the season ended with her sailing to bravos. foolish foolish me

Load Metric
    Only point I disagree with is the Kingslayer siege resolution. That was showing Jaime as a chess player over checkers and not just some swashbuckling, sister fucking assclown. It also says that he has a bigger part to play in all this noise. I mean it doesn't 'say' it, but you know what i'm sayin', riiight?

Comments

ltrainkoja: I know what your saying but these show writers don't

Thread Information