Page 34 of 87 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

The creative influence for that whole dinner scene has to be from some Jerry Springer episode....."Sam is a nice white boy form a well-to-do family, then he meets and falls in love with a BLACK GIRL, and his father will surely dissaprove! Watch tomorrow as we bring them all on stage!"
    Worse than black. She's a soulless ginger.
    She makes for a hot blonde tho

Name:  2016-05-30-15-10-47-500153039.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  7.9 KB

Comments

ToasterOven: surprising

LegallyNonBindingPosts: pfa's village idiot. hang or shoot yourself.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    i feel like the show as ADD now.

what in the fuck is even going on.

i have a weird feeling that arya deliberately tanked the hit so she could go tit to tit with assassin girl, claim her face for the pole, and earn the eternal good graces of the many faced god. that would be kind of interesting.

it also lends itself to how in the books, shes racking up bodies while working in the theater troop.

sadly i think thats not the case because she has no relevance to the impending showdown between ice and fire, so i expect fully that shes going to end up bleeding out soon. but it would be swell if they didnt disappoint me. you know.. once.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

i have a weird feeling that arya deliberately tanked the hit so she could go tit to tit with assassin girl, claim her face for the pole, and earn the eternal good graces of the many faced god. that would be kind of interesting.

it also lends itself to how in the books, shes racking up bodies while working in the theater troop.

sadly i think thats not the case because she has no relevance to the impending showdown between ice and fire, so i expect fully that shes going to end up bleeding out soon. but it would be swell if they didnt disappoint me. you know.. once.
    Starting to sense that as well.

Sansa is learning to "play the game", Arya refuses to and sticks to her guns.....like her father.

Load Metric

God i actually blocked that whole part from my memory. Like wtf, there has to be a twist here but im not creative enough to start guessing. i dont see how were done with jaqen now but i also dont see how its anything but bad writing to make her important again.

Load Metric
    also, dont forget, arya's a fuckin warger.

a showdown with killgirl would be an excellent opportunity to reveal that.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Does the shoutout that frey scrub gives to the brotherhood without banners mean lady stoneheart shows up this season? Idk if i care at this point really and i dont see how the catelyn actress didnt get spotted during filming.

Load Metric
    with 12 hours of footage left, i see no conceivable reason to bring back Michelle Fairley.

there are only two ways this ends and neither needs a stoneheart:

1) somehow jon links up with dany and convinces her to sail to the north to fight the zombies (seriously?)

or

2) they do essentially parallel but only vaguely connected plots eg winterfell drama, dany, and zombies are essentially resolved independently of each other.

now in the latter, the last scene in the series could literally be MF's decomposing face leering as she hangs Freys. hell you could even swap out zombie Sansa for her, as suggested. but somehow this requires jon essentially peace'ing out on sansa's whole schtick and leaving her to deal with winterfell on her own. or with baelish. either way she almost definitely gets her throat opened up and could easily be stoneheart....

which also makes sense given baelish planting the whole 'half brother...' seed in her head regarding jons loyalties.

Comments

ToasterOven: good post

Load Metric
    with 12 hours of footage left, i see no conceivable reason to bring back Michelle Fairley.

there are only two ways this ends and neither needs a stoneheart:

1) somehow jon links up with dany and convinces her to sail to the north to fight the zombies (seriously?)

or

2) they do essentially parallel but only vaguely connected plots eg winterfell drama, dany, and zombies are essentially resolved independently of each other.

now in the latter, the last scene in the series could literally be MF's decomposing face leering as she hangs Freys. hell you could even swap out zombie Sansa for her, as suggested. but somehow this requires jon essentially peace'ing out on sansa's whole schtick and leaving her to deal with winterfell on her own. or with baelish. either way she almost definitely gets her throat opened up and could easily be stoneheart....

which also makes sense given baelish planting the whole 'half brother...' seed in her head regarding jons loyalties.
    so in your opinion everything in kings landing is complete screen candy right? Like theyre all just sitting ducks for danys crew to demolish and tyrion to get his last few one-liners in as he ends cersei? I feel like two things are for sure: 1 of the 3 lannisters plays an important role in the end... And one of the tyrion/jon/dany trio dont make it. Sell stock in tyrion imo.

Load Metric
    honestly you raise a hell of a point; in the vend diagram of plots, does world war z and kings landing's circles ever really intersect? and if not, is there really a point to kings landing at all?

somehow, his happy jesus time morality has to swing the pendulum in an interesting way but none of the ways i can imagine are terribly interesting as anything but an epilogue more or less. eg tyrian saying 'oh tommen is doing a good job, kings landing is thriving, i wont kill him and take the throne', something like that..?

because seriously what the fuck else is there at this point.

Load Metric
    lol at this fat nerd dropping vend diagram

Comments

varys: This hurts me more than it hurts you. Kick rocks

nunbeater: this would have been pos rep if you would have said venn diagram

gauchojake: HOF

rum dick: killshot

Load Metric
    YUNG JACE IN THE BUILDING

Load Metric
    God it feels like half of the series was based in kings landing and its not like anyone outside of tyrion and varys started there and are making noise somewhere else. Dany will probs get there eventually and reach epic levels of insufferable. Tommen.. You have him alive past this season? Without thinking too hard about it i always figured something awful would happen to him and after last night it could come from mom or dad.

Load Metric
    RENAME THREAD WHERE THE VEND DIAGRAM OF DRAGONS AND AIDS CONVERGES: THE TV SHOW

Comments

DRK Star: pretty sure this is on A&E already

rum dick: drop the mic and waddle your short shorts ass out of this thread

Load Metric
    i hadnt even considered tommen dying.

you know why?

holy shit dont care lolololol.

Comments

varys: You right

Load Metric
    oh you sweet sweet man

Comments

varys: I cant stay mad at you

Load Metric
    Well I guess I was so giddy at Benjen coming back that I didn't notice how bad this episode sucked. Fully agreed that all the exposition shit could have been set up long ago instead of seeing a play about a tv series on cable adapted from a book written by a guy that literally didn't want to write for a TV series on cable because they would never be able to fit everything in from the books. In their defense I can see why they would want to move so may plot lines forward simultaneously as the pacing for a TV show speeds up the closer we get to the end game. Hit them hard from six different angles and then nuke them at the end of the season.

At this point I don't know how it will end but I know how it should. I think everyone should fucking die. Part of me thinks there is no way they would let that happen because Hollywood feel good endings come through in the most unlikely circumstances; the rest of me thinks of George R.R. Martin sitting there pleasuring himself as he kills off everyone's favorite character, literally. It's probably gonna be some Dany swoops in with Drogon looking like that kid on Falcor from the neverending story though because Hollywood. Who the fuck knows

Load Metric
    hey great news, instead of writing the next got book, grrm has been working on this piece of total shit:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...g=boxoffbof-20

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    so in your opinion everything in kings landing is complete screen candy right?

im starting to realize how insane this reality is and how likely it is that its true.

kings landing could be nothing but an 'o the vanity of men' curtain dressing for the actual drama (zombies).

eg the show ends with an 'everything old is new again' type play where dany metaphorically says 'burn them all' from the iron throne and someone pulls a brutus once her back is turned, followed by a fade to black shot of a blue hand reaching up through the icy snow in the north.

Load Metric
    I didn't really get the time frame of the Greyjoys building 1000 ships. We're going to build 1000 ships with these 30 guys and our children's children will pick up the Dothrakis. Ummm.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    I didn't really get the time frame of the Greyjoys building 1000 ships. We're going to build 1000 ships with these 30 guys and our children's children will pick up the Dothrakis. Ummm.

given that we just fast forwarded through _more_ than an entire book of shitty ironborn/kingsmoot faggotry in about 7 minutes of screen time, id say their sense of proportion is at least consistent.

Thread Information