Page 28 of 87 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    I love how Roose gives Ramsay the mad dogs will get put down speech right before Ramsay makes literally the most calculating move of his career and murders him. I'm pretty sure Roose was torn between cursing his name and congratulating him on the smooth move.

The dogs seemed a bit much but either way, that woman and her baby are getting murdered. It's not like there is a gentle way to murder babies so I can't blame them for going whole hog and showing us that just when we think we know how much of a psycho Ramsay is, we don't.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    I love how Roose gives Ramsay the mad dogs will get put down speech right before Ramsay makes literally the most calculating move of his career and murders him. I'm pretty sure Roose was torn between cursing his name and congratulating him on the smooth move.

The dogs seemed a bit much but either way, that woman and her baby are getting murdered. It's not like there is a gentle way to murder babies so I can't blame them for going whole hog and showing us that just when we think we know how much of a psycho Ramsay is, we don't.
    That was "the late" Walter Freys kid he killed after giving birth to a son who was in line to the throne of winterfell. He's not going to take that one laying down.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

That was "the late" Walter Freys kid he killed after giving birth to a son who was in line to the throne of winterfell. He's not going to take that one laying down.
    A frey vs bolton battle would be epic but most likely wont happen because the viewers would be cheering for everyone to die

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post

A frey vs bolton battle would be epic but most likely wont happen because the viewers would be cheering for everyone to die

4:35

Comments

varys: Lol

Load Metric

Probably won't go down that way because GRR and all, but if this thing was written in Hollywood Jon Snow and and Wun Wun would be running a train on the North if/when Sansa gets to the Wall.

Load Metric
    GOOD SHIT.

One huuuuuuuge complaint tho.

The 'big reveal' when Arya is in the temple is that she's a warg. She avoids some attack by seeing through the eyes of a cat in the rafters. Kiiiiiiiind of a big deal, that. And wow did they just totally cut it out completely.

In fact the whole warg thing was kinda yuge in the books.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Good episode. I feel like they are finaly moving everything allong. Nice to see Dorne take a break too.

My complaint, because that's what we do in a show thread, is the whole now that we are finaly going to have a big reunion in the north..... Oh wow a built in reason to go attack winterfell. Plot line 3 years stale smacks of some lazy ass writing. Suprised Rickon didn't show up in vas dothrack he's been gone for so long.

I assume that was the birth of Jon "snow" we were hearing in that tower.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Worst episode yet, obv its plot building but it fucking sucked

Comments

Daly: A Rizzo Robery rep. Otherwise I'd red rep you. Good episode IMHO

Load Metric
    WHY GODS WHY COULDNT YOU TAKE DANY AND LEAVE SHAGGYDOG ALONE

Comments

Serial Fail: That wasn't shaggydog, bruh

Load Metric
    Beyond what I mentioned earlier, two things really were terrible;

1) Tarwell. I fast forward through his scenes. And I mean always. It helps sooooooooo much.

2) Wow who'se writing Tyrion's dialog these days? Urkle? He went from lauche and tormented to the class clown and its not so cool.

But honestly I enjoyed it otherwise, maybe I was just in the mood for it.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Beyond what I mentioned earlier, two things really were terrible;

1) Tarwell. I fast forward through his scenes. And I mean always. It helps sooooooooo much.

2) Wow who'se writing Tyrion's dialog these days? Urkle? He went from lauche and tormented to the class clown and its not so cool.

But honestly I enjoyed it otherwise, maybe I was just in the mood for it.
    Allegedly tyrion is who grrm identifies with so i think that character will continue to suffer with the showrunners writing his lines.

Samwell and dany are basically carmela/wire cop scenes for me. Like who gives a fuck

Load Metric
    dany's sole purpose at this point is to justify the dragons screen time.

i literally forgot she was in this episode.

Comments

varys: Dragons finna fuck shit up

Load Metric
    Holding out hope that smalljon umber is playing lil roose and that pelt was a fraud. The starks cant always just be completely fucked can they?

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: they can't catch a break ever...

Load Metric
    This was a flesh out episode. A bridge to a big battle traditionally in ep 5-6.

I stood up and golf clapped at the tv when he lynched those assholes.

Load Metric
    Olly hanging was the tits.

I also dont give a fuuuuck about Sam or Dany scenes now.

Where the fuck is Littlefinger??? I'm starting to think he's barely in this season until maybe ep 7 or 8, once armies/houses start picking sides in the north. I don't see why else he would be back in otherwise, although I wish he would be.

Varys still chewing up his scenes.

Solid episode. Nothing great, nothing bad.....decent 3rd ep after a huge ep 2.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Holding out hope that smalljon umber is playing lil roose and that pelt was a fraud. The starks cant always just be completely fucked can they?
    the writers are so fucking stupid if this is somehow not the case. literally makes no sense having smalljon hand over rickon and osha, while shattering all the groundwork laid in the books and series showcasing how loyal the umbers were to the starks. i mean smalljon fucking dies at the red wedding trying to protect robb.

so either this is their own version of the grand northern conspiracy, or they've gone full retard.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    the writers are so fucking stupid if this is somehow not the case. literally makes no sense having smalljon hand over rickon and osha, while shattering all the groundwork laid in the books and series showcasing how loyal the umbers were to the starks. i mean smalljon fucking dies at the red wedding trying to protect robb.

so either this is their own version of the grand northern conspiracy, or they've gone full retard.

id put any amount of money on the latter.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post

The only "good guys" in this series have been taking it up the ass for 5 seasons now. Surely you arent completely convinced rickons getting fed to ramsays dogs? I get that this isnt a traditional story but still... They have viewers to please.

Load Metric
    Rickon is going to be the last line of defense for Ramsey to send Jon Snow packing and Sansa face down ass up when they arrive at the gates.

I expect Rickon to foist himself off that wall and Ramsey to quietly slit his own throat, robbing Sansa and Jon of their rightful vengeance, making their reclamation of Winterfell to be bittersweet, per formulae.

Load Metric

The only "good guys" in this series have been taking it up the ass for 5 seasons now. Surely you arent completely convinced rickons getting fed to ramsays dogs? I get that this isnt a traditional story but still... They have viewers to please.
    If we're making historical comparisons (real, not GOT history), then the Starketts will be used as barter chips in a later chapter that will most likely include the fresh-lich wonderkind Jon Snow. The reason Ramsay killed the other family is because they had legitimate claim to his Throne and Title. These other two are just a nice weekend parlay for whatever favors Ramsay can get for them.

Thread Information