Page 27 of 87 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    literally is nothing compared to whats coming.

kingsmoot.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I actually didn't think the episode was horrible, but if I was paying closer attention the inconsistency would have annoyed me. Good news is that I left off reading the books at approximately last seasons end and didn't review season 5, so I didn't even realize it until reading this thread. I also just like a good Comic Book Guy reference so there's that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    I actually didn't think the episode was horrible, but if I was paying closer attention the inconsistency would have annoyed me. Good news is that I left off reading the books at approximately last seasons end and didn't review season 5, so I didn't even realize it until reading this thread. I also just like a good Comic Book Guy reference so there's that.

Honestly though, without this thread I wouldn't enjoy watching the show nearly as much.

Comments

RealTalk: THIS

Load Metric
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 522
Size:  422.0 KB
    Sooo jaime decided trystane was innocent and no hard feelings. K

Comments

sonatine: well shit.

gimmick: because reasons was once again the correct conclusion

ToasterOven: good post

4Dragons: huh

Load Metric
    Cool article from Bill Simmons' new newsletter/site The Ringer.
    Ask the Maester: Melisandre’s Power, Daenerys’s Destination, and Whatever’s Happening in Dorne

By Jason Concepcion

http://us12.campaign-archive1.com/?u...&id=00119d1332

Comments

varys: Love me some BS

Load Metric
    i love how people are spazzing out about mel's "big reveal", like these basic white n-words have never seen Excalibur before.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    If you normally don't watch these clips posted in this thread, give this one a look. Lena delivers.

Comments

gut: SHAME

Daly: Shame! This is awsome.

Load Metric

Comments

gimmick:

varys: Not a post defending police brutality rep

Load Metric
    Name:  13087332_1235984763079150_3925821495979978896_n.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  34.4 KB

Comments

Kuntmissioner: yo

Load Metric
    Well there it is folks. The least surprising surprise in the history of TV.

Load Metric
    Didnt hate that episode as much as the first, by far. But honestly its starting to feel a bit rushed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Didnt hate that episode as much as the first, by far. But honestly its starting to feel a bit rushed.
    By real far. I'm not even talking about the ending here, but best episode since the purple wedding (hardhome also I guess). Take out the reserection and you still got a hell of an episode.

The non completely retarded foundation was laid in kings landing.

Finaly.... And I've wanted this forever.... The iron born are back.

I shouldn't have been suprised by Ramsey, but somehow I was.

If we get littlefinger and Frey back we can have a party.

Comments

sonatine: ramsey shocker got me too. breinne garrotting littlefinger is going to be tasty.

Load Metric
    Loved it. I think even isis members would watch ramsay and be like whooa dude too far

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Loved it. I think even isis members would watch ramsay and be like whooa dude too far
    Not so long ago people in power actually did shit like that all the time. Forget Led Zepplin, GOT blindly steals from history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princes_in_the_Tower

Comments

varys: Word

Load Metric
    fucking solid episode.

Load Metric
    Outside of the whole kingsmoot buildup, i loved every minute of this ep. Dinklage fucking killed his scenes. Davos is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters.

Load Metric
    I guess my only question would be why is Davos suddenly interested in using magic to bring back Jon? Hes been anti melisandre for the entire series and unless im forgetting something he hasnt seen Jon do anything crazy yet. This feels like lazy writing but i could be persuaded otherwise.

Load Metric
    I guess my only question would be why is Davos suddenly interested in using magic to bring back Jon? Hes been anti melisandre for the entire series and unless im forgetting something he hasnt seen Jon do anything crazy yet. This feels like lazy writing but i could be persuaded otherwise.
    While I'm sure a lot of this storyline was written backwards (OK JON SNOW WILL DIE THEN BE RESURRECTED, HOW DO WE GET THERE), I think they did OK with how the others happened to wind up in castle black and what their motives might be/circumstances theyre stuck in.

Comments

varys: Okay fair/end nittery

Load Metric

two things they glossed over from the books;

1) stannis really fucking dug jon. he respected jon and when jon told him no or asked him for something, stannis was oddly accommodating. and it was more than him respecting the shit out of ned. stannis saw that jon was a fit leader, and davos was thoroughly aware of that. and, perhaps, davos believed the threat of the white walkers was real and/or he believed the nights watch would simply slaughter the wildlings and probably itself under its new management.

2) mel doing a lot of staring into the fire when stannis went to liberate winterfell. and she basically never saw stannis' face, she only saw jon snow's. and it really freaked her the fuck out and she misinterpreted it as 'oh god the snow is going to impeded stannis somehow'. what made the most sense to me was that she would see jon dead and insist at all costs that she be allowed to try to resurrect him, or that she would somehow summon the red priest to do it. the fact that they had to use davos to engineer that says to me that they are simply shitty writers at the end of the day who boxed themselves in because they didnt want to give mel more screentime because this thing is paced like an episode of dukes of hazard.

but yeah that whole exchange between mel and davos was total bullshit nonsense. she cooked davos' bae and davos was like 'hey lets coffee talk about jon if you got a second'. i mean, im doing what i can to get used to it because im sure the next 25 hours of this are going to rarely rise above that caliber of bullshit. but ugh.

Load Metric

Question

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

two things they glossed over from the books;

1) stannis really fucking dug jon. he respected jon and when jon told him no or asked him for something, stannis was oddly accommodating. and it was more than him respecting the shit out of ned. stannis saw that jon was a fit leader, and davos was thoroughly aware of that. and, perhaps, davos believed the threat of the white walkers was real and/or he believed the nights watch would simply slaughter the wildlings and probably itself under its new management.

2) mel doing a lot of staring into the fire when stannis went to liberate winterfell. and she basically never saw stannis' face, she only saw jon snow's. and it really freaked her the fuck out and she misinterpreted it as 'oh god the snow is going to impeded stannis somehow'. what made the most sense to me was that she would see jon dead and insist at all costs that she be allowed to try to resurrect him, or that she would somehow summon the red priest to do it. the fact that they had to use davos to engineer that says to me that they are simply shitty writers at the end of the day who boxed themselves in because they didnt want to give mel more screentime because this thing is paced like an episode of dukes of hazard.

but yeah that whole exchange between mel and davos was total bullshit nonsense. she cooked davos' bae and davos was like 'hey lets coffee talk about jon if you got a second'. i mean, im doing what i can to get used to it because im sure the next 25 hours of this are going to rarely rise above that caliber of bullshit. but ugh.
    Afaik davos doesnt know about melisandre calling for shireen to burn or we would have seen fireworks there but im with you on the rest. Davos has quietly been the most solid character in the series but they compromised that here imo.

Comments

sonatine: mea culpa

Thread Information