Page 26 of 87 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    It's lazy writing. The two sand snakes follow the boat to kings landing. Jamie and Bronn get off the boat and deliver the body and leave Prince Jr on the boat..... Because ..... Just because..... The sand snakes pull up to the boat kill Jr and then...... Well who k owns.

Load Metric
    Im still not following. trystane was on the boat with jamie and his daughter and other fools at the end of last season.

And somehow hes oblivious about girlies death? Or the other snakes were there all along but couldnt be bothered to show up when a little girl is dying of poison?

No Im sorry but no.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    More fun facts:

The show is actually about 44 minutes long at this point.

They have about 30 eps left total. Total.

I feel like nothing is really going to happen...

I think Jon Snow re-captures the north and the dragons go pisswild on the undead and probably die in the process but of course save the day, leaving blondie to take a Roman bath with her prettiest knife while Tyrion runs the city, and Arya smokes whatever Lannisters are left and the Stark banner flies.

Fade to black, roll credits.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Also shout out to blondie being this super high ranking shot caller with the huns but is totally shocked when told to get the fuck in the cage with the other khal widows.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Im still not following. trystane was on the boat with jamie and his daughter and other fools at the end of last season.

And somehow hes oblivious about girlies death? Or the other snakes were there all along but couldnt be bothered to show up when a little girl is dying of poison?

No Im sorry but no.
    The only posible way it makes sense without a hole is that he knew about his fiancé and decided to hang out on the boat in the harbor of Kings Landing waiting for........ Fuck if I know....... And the 2/3 sand snakes who were not killing The Prince of Dorne and the basest man on the planet finaly caught up with the ship snuck on and Murdered Trystane...... Who was just hanging out on the boat for no apparent reason.

Yeah makes absolutely no fucking sense. But I'm trying here.

Load Metric
    I 100% appreciate the effort. But no its just a massive hole and I expect a harbinger of things to come as this show tries to trim fat and tread water as long as it can until the pivotal plot elements are resolved.

Load Metric
    Honestly I wonder if GRRM is deliberately back burnering the book because everyone knows that if it was dropping in the next 12 months, _no one would fuck with the HBO series ever again_.

Which brings about another point; did I enjoy moments of the show simply because they expounded on predigested elements of the book? Did I subconsciously use the book to add depth and backstory to elements of the show?

Because without the book, everything feels like a Saturday morning cartoon in terms of pacing, motives/motivation, so on.

Load Metric
    Oh and don't mind me..... I'm just walking around here..... Oh yeah look at that lots of grass stampeded over....... Oh what do you know it's a Ring? Wow, how lucky are we?

Comments

ltrainkoja: speaking for me rep

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Tv is probably not for you if you feel the need to analyze everyfuckingthing

Load Metric
    That hobbit getting drug to the bottom of a lake by a fish only to find the ring of power, how fucking lucky was he!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Oh and don't mind me..... I'm just walking around here..... Oh yeah look at that lots of grass stampeded over....... Oh what do you know it's a Ring? Wow, how lucky are we?

Yeah I wasnt sure how lucky they were until they did a shot of his fist closing around the ring for like 3 seconds. Then I knew.

I knew.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post

Perhaps one could say the same about threads about tv shows on the internet and people who consider other peoples analysis tedious.

Load Metric

Perhaps one could say the same about threads about tv shows on the internet and people who consider other peoples analysis tedious.
    I had to read that sentence 3 times, are you saying you shouldnt watch tv if you dont evaluate everything?

Load Metric

I had to read that sentence 3 times, are you saying you shouldnt watch tv if you dont evaluate everything?
    He's likely jesting about your possible over-analysis of his possible over-analysis.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    It's lazy writing. The two sand snakes follow the boat to kings landing. Jamie and Bronn get off the boat and deliver the body and leave Prince Jr on the boat..... Because ..... Just because..... The sand snakes pull up to the boat kill Jr and then...... Well who k owns.
    Yeah thats the only stretch that is possible, but I'm guessing the show won't even mention it. It seems like it was exactly like Sonatine said with the "eh lets just kill of the leaders of Dorne because we're done there". Ironically, they probably could have just ignored Trystane completely, not have his dad mention him in dying, and it would have been better than this lazy writing. Have Jamie casually mention later that after ole girls death they threw him overboard or some shit.

Lets not forget they could have just had Ellaria kiss trystane goodbye also. But no, Ellaria does the risky poison maneuver, only to also then send 2 snakes all the way to kings landing to kill the other one? Nooooope. The writers just lopped off one story arc in true "Walking Dead" style, with little regard towards common sense, but they still had to show something cause GOLLY WE NEED A HIGHER DEATH COUNT IN THIS PREMIERE!

Comments

sonatine: niggity nailed it

4Dragons: also needed more titties

Load Metric
    I liked most of the rest of the premiere though. Eager to see the eventual Jon Snow voodoo and the Bran plotline, along with the continued Arya ninja training.

Load Metric
    Id put any amount of money on Arya dying at the hands of the last person on her list. Because GOT-style anti-morality.

Load Metric
    The question is the Dwarf. It's almost like he ends up with the lands to the South by default. Coinflip dragonbait.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    The question is the Dwarf. It's almost like he ends up with the lands to the South by default. Coinflip dragonbait.

Its been implied that he's blondies brother. I expect he's the one who convinces her to sacrifice the dragons vs the dead.

Load Metric

Thread Information