Page 22 of 87 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    there is some silly, silly bullshit coming out of that broads mouth. jon snow siding with the white walkers is laughable. stoneheart siding with the white walkers is 10x laughable.

and for all her proclamations about how 'this is the season where we will see blah blah blah' she seems to conveniently ignore the 8 solid hours of footage its going to take just to slog through the bullshit side plots they are already cast for.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    latest addition to the cast:

withnail, from withnail & i.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    you realize youre the worst got a second season focus on that

Load Metric
    Soooooo GRRM's editor (one of them) just claimed the next book is dropping in 2016.

Which is kinda awks considering how much of it is either already spoiled or gonna be spoiled in spring by the next HBO season...

Load Metric
    ok this is definitely a bit spoilery

At the end of the books, what prompts the Nights Watch to murder Jon Snow is that Jon Snow decides to use the Nights Watch to march on Winterfell, both to liberate it and save Stannis and his sister, thanks to a provocative letter from Ramses Bolton claiming to have them both and demanding the return of recently escaped Reek for their safety yada yada.

Apparently they are filming The Sacking of Winterfell right now and very much in the thick of things is... Jon Snow.

So all the talk about how he likely gets resurrected and returns to life free of his vows to the Nights Watch are apparently on point.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Finally got around to watching season 5. Unlike some of you, I thoroughly enjoyed the first 4. This was the first to disappoint me. It's still better than most of the crap I watch on TV, but fuck.

I've read through this thread now after avoiding it all this time, so I won't rehash all the complaints. I just want to know what the deal is with Theon and Sansa jumping. I assumed they were committing suicide to avoid the wrath of Ramsay and deny him a Stark. But apparently they're meant to survive that fall? Didn't they just kill a girl by pushing her off the same ledge?

Oh, and I thought 1 Unsullied was supposed to be the equivalent of 10 soldiers or something. They don't seem so badass anymore.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Finally got around to watching season 5. Unlike some of you, I thoroughly enjoyed the first 4. This was the first to disappoint me. It's still better than most of the crap I watch on TV, but fuck.

I've read through this thread now after avoiding it all this time, so I won't rehash all the complaints. I just want to know what the deal is with Theon and Sansa jumping. I assumed they were committing suicide to avoid the wrath of Ramsay and deny him a Stark. But apparently they're meant to survive that fall? Didn't they just kill a girl by pushing her off the same ledge?

Oh, and I thought 1 Unsullied was supposed to be the equivalent of 10 soldiers or something. They don't seem so badass anymore.

Name:  game_of_thrones___mlp___daenerys__unsullied_army_by_mini_pen-d6zkvce.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  37.8 KB

Load Metric

They jumped into a snow bank.

And the Unsullied math is frustrating, I agree. They started to really suck frankly.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Hm. I wouldn't think that's an obviously safe thing to do, but then again I've interacted with snow like 4 times in my life.

Load Metric
    they are a hardy snow people with tremendous first hand snow bank experience etc etc.

Load Metric
    To me Cersei, Peter Baelish's, and Lord Varys conniving is what drove the show the first 4 seasons. Cersei was neutralized in season 5, Varys and Baelish just disappeared. I think a lot of season 5 was setting up season 6, so looking forward to it.

Hoping Jon Snow is stays dead. So far GoT has shown a lot of balls by killing people off.

Ramsey Bolton has turned into my favorite character of the show. He is one bad mother fucker. Expect he will die soon into season 6.

What happened to Queen Margaery? I enjoyed looking at that hot little bitch.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    To me Cersei, Peter Baelish's, and Lord Varys conniving is what drove the show the first 4 seasons. Cersei was neutralized in season 5, Varys and Baelish just disappeared. I think a lot of season 5 was setting up season 6, so looking forward to it.

Hoping Jon Snow is stays dead. So far GoT has shown a lot of balls by killing people off.

Ramsey Bolton has turned into my favorite character of the show. He is one bad mother fucker. Expect he will die soon into season 6.

What happened to Queen Margaery? I enjoyed looking at that hot little bitch.

The thing is, if Jon Snow stays dead (and he pretty clearly cant), the show devolves into a soap opera with no real central plot basically. Perhaps they could gut their way through that but I cant see it.

But yeah I 100% agree on how the Machiavellian power struggles drove the show and once those evaporated, things lost a lot of momentum.

Load Metric
    Name:  game-of-throne-characters-reimagined-as-bobs-burgers-cha_009.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  53.5 KB

Load Metric
    Hm. I wouldn't think that's an obviously safe thing to do, but then again I've interacted with snow like 4 times in my life.
    You know nothing about Snow

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Fail
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    The only thing that bothered me at all this season was how badly hurt a few of those dragons were, from like spears and shit. Certainly not the fearsome beasts of old that fried entire armies where they stood. No Field of Fire, this.

just started rewatching the series and season 1 was the balls, again and still, I guess. I'm so not looking forward to reliving Theon's journey, tho.

Load Metric
    I didn't watch the Emmys, but for any who give 2 shites:

Game of Thrones wins best drama, shatters Emmy record

Here is a complete list of 2015 Emmys won by GoT this year:
    — Outstanding Drama Series
    Outstanding Supporting Actor (Peter Dinklage)
    — Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series (David Benioff and Dan Weiss, “Mother’s Mercy”)
    — Outstanding Direction in a Drama Series (David Nutter, “Mother’s Mercy”)
    — Outstanding Make-Up for a Single-Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic)
    — Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series
    — Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Contemporary or Fantasy Program (One Hour or More) (“High Sparrow,” “Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken” “Hardhome”)
    — Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series (“Hardhome”)
    — Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Scripted Series (“Hardhome”)
    — Outstanding Special Visual Effects (“The Dance of Dragons”)
    — Outstanding Stunt Coordination for a Drama Series
    — Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/20...nes-emmys?1315

Load Metric
    Hey guys, great news!

There is going to be a Game of Throne MOVIE.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a6671706.html

Apparently tired of splitting profits with his ghost writers, Fats McGee has decided to wring some extra cash out of a movie deal.

In his defense, the budget attached to GoT is absurdly small; the VFX studios literally work at a loss. So I cant realllly be mad at him for raking a few extra shillings out of the deal.

That said, lol the fuck ever.

Load Metric
    Hey guys, great news!

Apparently tired of splitting profits with his ghost writers, Fats McGee has decided to wring some extra cash out of a movie deal.

In his defense, the budget attached to GoT is absurdly small; the VFX studios literally work at a loss. So I cant realllly be mad at him for raking a few extra shillings out of the deal.

As incredibly faggot as this sounds I'd go to a movie about Roberts Rebellion.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Hey guys, great news!

As incredibly faggot as this sounds I'd go to a movie about Roberts Rebellion.

Please, Ive been watching The Tudors. Nothing sounds faggot to me anymore.

Load Metric
    Hey guys, great news!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0dd85030a4ab4

Lol @ having ghost writers and taking 5 years to finish each book. You're a waste of oxygen.

Thread Information