Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    I think Game of Thrones is still riding high.
    But I have absolutely no clue what is coming up, i've gone in completely blind.
    Ep 2 caught me so off guard, i was just thinking what a prick that guy can be, too.

The story line i like the best, is the wildlings and the wall, I get like only 3-5 minutes every other week on it, but still like that part of the show more than King's Landing.
    The new additions to the team are simply bad asses.

And Arya,..................if she dies, I might stop.

I want to try Fargo,
    what about Orphan Black? I'm 1/2 way through season 1.
    If you like suspense, this is your show.
    You are constantly turning a new page there.

Load Metric
    Im stunned by how much I enjoy Orphan Black.

Season 2 is getting a bit over the top but they've exhausted the whole discovery dynamic so now its morphing into something fairly predictable.

I enjoyed it sooo much more when the people pulling the strings were all smoke and mirrors.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Mad Men > all of the other shit on television

Load Metric
    I havent watched a single ep of Mad Men.

Zero doubt in my mind its pure gold. Just saving it.

Comments

El Gallo: Same

WillieMcFML: Couldn't give a single fuck rep

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    I havent watched a single ep of Mad Men.

Zero doubt in my mind its pure gold. Just saving it.
    I ended it at Season 3. It was astonishing right up until then.

Load Metric
    I think that Vikings ruined GOT for me. Im serious if you asked me a month ago what was the best show still on the air and it would be GOT hands down.

On GOT you have to wait forever for shit to come together, but on Vikings they will go out rape women conquer lands and come back with all the riches in 1 episode.

Im almost upset I started watching Vikings because I just cant get into GOT anymore.

Everyone is so happy Jeofrys dead but he brought alot to the show. Plus the way he was killed was just stupid. It should have been some shocking red wedding type shit.

It might be just me but does anyone else besides sonatine think Vikings smashes GOT?

Comments

4Dragons: spoiler

Load Metric
    khaleesi freeing slaves is literally the least compelling plot line ever created.

oh and peter / sansa / the eyrie is going to give it a run for its money.

i know ive said it before but this is EXACTLY where the books fell apart completely; he burnt 80% of the interesting plot lines and had to cycle in endless bullshit politics and emotional turmoil featuring a collection of new characters whose only purpose is replace the dead ones. badly.

i am about 99% sure i know exactly where this season is going to end and the next one starts, and i can honestly say that its going to get so, so much worse next season too.

in before lannister has a full blown aspie meltdown and rushes to the shows defense.
    It doesn't bother me if people like the show or the books. Your only beef with me was calling you out on the George Martin ghostwriting. All I did was say I disagreed and ask you to provide any links of proof, people talking about it, any shred of evidence whatsoever. You went apeshit after that and never linked anything. Just calm down, I'm sorry you have a failed writing career. You're not the first and most certainly won't be the last.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    I think that Vikings ruined GOT for me. Im serious if you asked me a month ago what was the best show still on the air and it would be GOT hands down.

On GOT you have to wait forever for shit to come together, but on Vikings they will go out rape women conquer lands and come back with all the riches in 1 episode.

Im almost upset I started watching Vikings because I just cant get into GOT anymore.

Everyone is so happy Jeofrys dead but he brought alot to the show. Plus the way he was killed was just stupid. It should have been some shocking red wedding type shit.

It might be just me but does anyone else besides sonatine think Vikings smashes GOT?

Honestly I dont think Vikings smashes GOT, they occupy two very different parts of my heart.

I fucking _love_ historically accurate period pieces, even if the plot is a construct. Like for me, I love Vikings, but I also love The Pillars of the Earth. Those two things are part of the same conversation for me to some extent. GOT is pure fantasy, which occupies a very different headspace for me.

Sadly, GOT is also falling apart, which makes sense, because like I said; this is exactly where George RR Martin started to fall apart and rely on poorly paid dicksuck hacks to finish the job for him while he concentrated on masterpieces like

http://www.amazon.com/The-Wit-Wisdom...25/ref=sr_1_13

Load Metric
    ok this is officially a soap opera.

and tonights episode was literally 48 minutes long.

and the plot is falling apart.

Comments

Daly: Also pissed about the short episode rep.

Load Metric
    I haven't seen any of it but I heard the midget died. If so, cancel that shit now. Midgets=entertainment=ratings

Load Metric
    Realtalk though. Turn is the most disappointing thing on television right now.

Comments

nunbeater:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    I haven't seen any of it but I heard the midget died. If so, cancel that shit now. Midgets=entertainment=ratings

Load Metric
    Hope we get to see some sort of Reek spinoff book or show.

Load Metric
    Like they seriously took the entire Iron Born / Theon rescue plot line, which spanned 2 seasons, which included a whole speech on the boat in this very fucking episode, and scrapped it outright with a 30 second fight scene in a kennel.

Load Metric
    That dragon eating that sheep made me smile.

Load Metric
    Yeah... the sheep........ yeah........

Comments

varys: didnt he torch the dudes son in the book?

Load Metric
    Like they seriously took the entire Iron Born / Theon rescue plot line, which spanned 2 seasons, which included a whole speech on the boat in this very fucking episode, and scrapped it outright with a 30 second fight scene in a kennel.
    That little run in was an added scene wasn't it? They definitely aren't done with the whole Ironborn vs Bolton/Ramsays creatures beef yet. That said it was pretty ridiculous that Ramsay rolls in shirt and shoeless and just starts cutting down the best guys the Iron Islands can produce to help save the heir to House Greyjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric

Even the trial scene with Tyrion (although Peter Dinklage was good) just felt bad and unoriginal. Show feels like it's going off the rails.

Still an hour on Sunday nights that I will eagerly look forward to though.

Load Metric
    It almost feels improvised at this point. The sense that all of this is somehow intertwined lent itself well to the overall mysticism of the reality presented, and that shit is done. Now its pretty much a collection of ongoing skits. I'll say this much, its making me appreciate the books more.

Dinkman's the greatest actor on the show, theres no question. His theatrical training gives him an unbelievably strong presence when he wants it. However, its unfortunate for two reasons; 1) hes not supposed to be the "star" of the series, and 2) its going to be insanely awkward having to keep tabs on him soon.

Load Metric
    Im a long way from not watching it, Im just sad.

No.. not sad.

Disappointed.

Thread Information