Page 17 of 87 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    Yeah usually episode 10 has tied a few loose ends and ended with a cliffhanger of some sorts and the most memorable events have been episode 8 or 9 (Ned, red wedding etc.). There was a lot of filler shit this season with semi worthless characters doing whatever and somewhat interesting characters doing uninteresting chores.

Load Metric
    book and tv spoilers

Fuck, I forgot all about Dany taking off on extended break with Drogon. I remember her just wandering aimlessly and doing a whole lot of fucking nothing.

Personally I am still loving the direction the show has taken vs the books. They are slicing and dicing and coming up with something better. Hell, this will probably make the books better as we end up with a bizzaro world alternate universe where yet again we will not know what is going to happen.

I fear the last episode, when Jon Snow gets stabbed I was like fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck now I gotta wait like a sucker...well now I am 100% positive they are just going to crank this thing the fuck out, hopefully do 8 seasons, and then shut it down because the fucking White Walkers murder everybody. No idea if Snow will be alive or dead but at least it will goddamn get resolved soon enough.

Load Metric

yeah they deffo stab jon snow, probably in the final scene of next ep, but its worth noting that *apparently* the red priest returns next season according to some casting documents. so it could literally be like that scene in star wars where obi is like 'oh shit did alderon just get snuffed?' and he rides to castle black and zombies jon. because we all know who/what jon is by now. hes not going away for good, i cant see that.

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I should stop reading the spoilers.

Anyway, it seems like they are just checking boxes now. We've got to get Tyrion here, so who cares that it takes an entire year of episodes to go down the King's Road, we'll have him go 1000's of miles in a row boat in a episode. Jon Snow goes to wherever and back in a half hour with 5000 people in a boat, but he wandered around a couple miles north of the wall for at least a season.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    I should stop reading the spoilers.

Anyway, it seems like they are just checking boxes now. We've got to get Tyrion here, so who cares that it takes an entire year of episodes to go down the King's Road, we'll have him go 1000's of miles in a row boat in a episode. Jon Snow goes to wherever and back in a half hour with 5000 people in a boat, but he wandered around a couple miles north of the wall for at least a season.
    True. But for those of us that read the books many of the story arcs are so much better than how the characters originally get from point A to B. The Tyrion and Dany storylines especially are brutal, uninteresting and slow to get to the same point.

Comments

ToasterOven: fair enough

Load Metric
    Maybe a better way to note the spoilers would be to say 'book spoilers', because if one has watched the show and expects a show spoiler it's not a thing. But if it's a book spoiler but you are current with the show, it could be a thing.

Comments

vegas1369: This!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Maybe a better way to note the spoilers would be to say 'book spoilers', because if one has watched the show and expects a show spoiler it's not a thing. But if it's a book spoiler but you are current with the show, it could be a thing.
    I knew what was happening and I couldn't help myself.

Load Metric

we are basically at a point where it doesnt matter; the show is spoiling the books. there are really just 2 things in the books that havent been on the show yet and one of them is inevitable and the other has already been discussed from the perspective of 'omg it was so crazy to get that shot'.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I've benefited from the spoilers. They've helped me understand the show better, as far as motives and how acts relate to other acts.

Comments

gut: ditto

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

we are basically at a point where it doesnt matter; the show is spoiling the books. there are really just 2 things in the books that havent been on the show yet and one of them is inevitable and the other has already been discussed from the perspective of 'omg it was so crazy to get that shot'.

Load Metric
    Spousal rape and children being burned to death just don't do it for me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    Spousal rape and children being burned to death just don't do it for me

Well thank god you weren't born 600 years ago.

Load Metric
    Just walked into my sons room and they were tying the daughter to the post. He turned to me and goes, their not, right? I just ran out the room.

Comments

LegalizeMeth: solid parenting right there

Load Metric

Comments

ToasterOven: solid lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Name:  pb why so old875.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  64.8 KB

Load Metric
    In before Sonatine says the season finale sucked

Comments

WillieMcFML: got heem
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    seriously though, tine get in here

need to know what deviated from the books and such

and the new kings guard guy was reanimated mountain?

Comments

Suicide King: He has to be right?

Load Metric
    That was simply really SOLID television.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Um, so pretty much everyone is dead?

Also, Cersei needs to shave that bush yo. #shitgrowsbackfast

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    seriously though, tine get in here

need to know what deviated from the books and such

and the new kings guard guy was reanimated mountain?

they are pretty much sticking with the book plot except:

in the books, stannis hasnt ridden against winterfell, hes at the gate, snowed in, and everything is going wrong. as mentioned, his wife/daughter are back at the wall. anyway fake-sansa-wife and gimpy run off tho and angry sends a raven to jon snow saying "return my gimp reek, return my wife, oh and btw ive got stannis dangling in a cage." at which point jon gathers everyone around and says "ok so lets go save my sister and free stannis" at which point he gets stabbed up.

note that sansa, in the books, is nursing that retard aspie moon-door tween through adolescence but shes totally safe and sound.

whats very interesting here is that in the book, the witch (whom has been seeing visions of jon snow btw but disregards them as a warning about 'snow' hint hint) is last seen with stannis. here, they have positioned her to probably revive jon snow. or, shes going to summon her pal the drunk to do it. point being, zero chance jon snow stays dead obviously.

new kings guard guy is 100% reanimated mountain.

another interesting thing; in the book, blondie goes into the tunda on her dragon and i swear to god, spends like 30 pages wandering around with an upset stomach and a fever before shes rescued by dothraki. they seem to be playing down the 'rescue' part here but the fuck ever. no idea what thats about.

also they took some really irritating dramatic liberties with arya.

in the book, although shes clearly 'saving' a corner of herself for her agenda, shes giving the many faced god deal 110%. in fact, when shes goes blind in the book, she doesnt even flinch; she recognizes that its simply the next step in her path, her education. none of this charles bronson death wish shit, shes very pleased to be down with the MFG and is an absolutely perfect student, although shes clearly happy to do so because it furthers her murderous agenda.

so to have her turn into this angsty teen rebel is a real disservice to her character, imo. shes a lot less spooky than in the book.

Comments

WillieMcFML: doin work rep

lurkeymclurkerville: Good analysis, thank you.

Suicide King: You complete me

Thread Information