Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    I must say that after waiting 10 months, that episode pretty much was Game of Meh.....

For such a badass series, how do you not have something bigger happen in the season premier?

they are trimming the fat where they can but the whole daenaris story line is pure insufferable bloatcraft and likely exists only to legitimize her inevitable fall from relevance. as the turks say, may it pass quickly.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    ok so finally watched the first four eps.

they are really moving fast, book wise. like insanely fast. and they are also diverging from the books plot lines in pretty major ways.

and part of me is like 'ugh we are losing a lot of the mood/character development' but on the other hand, all the actors are maturing physically so much that absolutely have no choice but to leapfrog over major plot arcs and away from the books in general.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    also omg how bad is daenaris at her job.

Load Metric

Comments

sonatine: flawless and cogent

gauchojake: douche king is pretty on point

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

they are really moving fast, book wise. like insanely fast. and they are also diverging from the books plot lines in pretty major ways.

and part of me is like 'ugh we are losing a lot of the mood/character development' but on the other hand, all the actors are maturing physically so much that absolutely have no choice but to leapfrog over major plot arcs and away from the books in general.
    It is wait and see for me right now but honestly, I am more excited about the show then the books. Knowing what is supposed to happen versus what they are making happen really looks better than what George had planned.

Load Metric
    show spoilers

Books v Show is a sticky wicket for me right now. One thing the insanely meandering plots in the books did was give a sense of breathing room, in world-building terms the universe of the books was expanding. The show feels totally claustrophobic/inbred to me at this point, best example being the Sansa plot arc, which is pure death bait considering the relationship between the Boltons and the Lannisters and the circumstances of Sansa's departure, but also putting Jamie and friend in Dorne is kinda fucking nuts and a half since clearly someone in that party doesnt make it home and its probably going to be the guy who was wandering the beach with a rich piece of ass on his arm.

Is it confirmed that they totally blow past the end of the books this season? Because its feeling super inevitable. And how many more seasons are they planning on doing?

Load Metric
    Dude, if it hasn't aired on tv yet, please spoiler tag that shit.

Also, weren't the long, meandering parts of the books exactly the parts you use to complain about?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Dude, if it hasn't aired on tv, please spoiler tag it.

obviously will do so because you asked, but expecting to duck spoilers when all 4 eps are a mouse click away is ill advised.

Load Metric

Also, weren't the long, meandering parts of the books exactly the parts you use to complain about?

yes, but the show has a serious pacing problem (more so because of the modifications they have made to the plot), and the long meandering parts of the book fixed that, despite being poorly written.

Load Metric
    Dude, if it hasn't aired on tv, please spoiler tag it.

obviously will do so because you asked, but expecting to duck spoilers when all 4 eps are a mouse click away is ill advised.
    Gracias, and you are correct in some ways, but I can pretty easily avoid them everywhere but here, as I don't read about the show anywhere else.

Not like you gave away anything big, but if you don't use the spoiler tags here, neither does the guy who responds to you, and all of a sudden the entire thread turns spoily.

Comments

sonatine: point taken, absolutely

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

It is wait and see for me right now but honestly, I am more excited about the show than the books. Knowing what is supposed to happen versus what they are making happen really looks better than what George had planned.
    FYP

Comments

nunbeater: lol wp
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    ive noticed that a lot of people who havent read the books are desperately asking people who have read the books what the fuck is going on with daenaris. and i dont blame them.

Load Metric
    I HAVE TO GET OUT OF THIS WHEELHOUSE

Load Metric
    The dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    The dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant.
    Best line of the season right there.

Load Metric
    2 perfectly good opportunites to see Sophie Turners tits wasted in this episode.

Load Metric
    Cock merchant was the shining star of that episode.

Load Metric

Gracias, and you are correct in some ways, but I can pretty easily avoid them everywhere but here, as I don't read about the show anywhere else.

Not like you gave away anything big, but if you don't use the spoiler tags here, neither does the guy who responds to you, and all of a sudden the entire thread turns spoily.
    Crowe if you're avoiding spoilers like the plague, why bother clicking on this thread until you're caught up?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Crowe if you're avoiding spoilers like the plague, why bother clicking on this thread until you're caught up?

i think he was concerned that by discussing the books we spoil the show, which is valid.

Load Metric
    Lol @ grown "men" enjoying this fantasy SHITE

Thread Information