Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    It almost feels improvised at this point. The sense that all of this is somehow intertwined lent itself well to the overall mysticism of the reality presented, and that shit is done. Now its pretty much a collection of ongoing skits. I'll say this much, its making me appreciate the books more.

Dinkman's the greatest actor on the show, theres no question. His theatrical training gives him an unbelievably strong presence when he wants it. However, its unfortunate for two reasons; 1) hes not supposed to be the "star" of the series, and 2) its going to be insanely awkward having to keep tabs on him soon.
    I keep hoping against hope that they use Natalie Dormer for something other than window dressing, I fear this will not come to pass though. Girl's got chops. But as to the storyline, it just always felt like a re-hash of the actual War of the Roses, except we get dragons with this one. I didn't read the books and have no intention of it but I have to imagine somewhere down the line we get a St. George too.

Comments

sonatine: ^--- this guy reps

Load Metric
    You are probably right, but its one of the very few shows that I always look forward to.

Load Metric
    cool, another 49 minute episode with a 2 week breather to boot.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Fuck that was awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    How do you follow up the mountain spilling 6 miles of intestines all over the ground with basically nothing? Sfdisappointed
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Book spoilerish question

ok i thought the whole point of zombie cat was that they found her in the river after 3 or 4 days before they brought her back to life, so shes all fucked up and zombied when she accuses brienne of being a 'false friend' because of her lannister sword and strings her ass up (before reviving her wtf).

correct me if im wrong but its been _weeks_ if not months since that bitch got croaked so what the shit.

if they even include her, we are literally going to be left with a zombie cat who looks like Gus when he staggering out of the bombed retirement home room.

also, minor point, ive kinda had it with people getting 'stabbed in the heart' and then they show the knife and its got like 2-3" of blood on it.

you know what i cant.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Book spoilerish question

ok i thought the whole point of zombie cat was that they found her in the river after 3 or 4 days before they brought her back to life, so shes all fucked up and zombied when she accuses brienne of being a 'false friend' because of her lannister sword and strings her ass up (before reviving her wtf).

correct me if im wrong but its been _weeks_ if not months since that bitch got croaked so what the shit.

if they even include her, we are literally going to be left with a zombie cat who looks like Gus when he staggering out of the bombed retirement home room.

also, minor point, ive kinda had it with people getting 'stabbed in the heart' and then they show the knife and its got like 2-3" of blood on it.

you know what i cant.

I mean at this point the shows split between the end of book 3(kings landing), the middle of book 5 (dany yawn stuff), and a bunch of kinda made up to pretty made up shit or things the showrunners played up or put their own spin on for the audiences sake

Comments

sonatine: fucking totally

Load Metric
    And with that, the final compelling plot line dies like the character who drove it.

Get ready for a whole lot of gayshit speeches.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Yeah, I hope you like Tyrion musing on things.

Like, a lot.

A whooooooooole, whole lot.

Load Metric
    Cool 5-minute scene to start off the episode where we learn that a castrated Unsullied guy likes to look at naked black girls. We really needed a Khaleesi debriefing to make everything make sense

Theon/Ramsey is the worst.

Tyrion's beetle monologue was tedious. If his character is killed off or written badly, I might be done. (please no spoilz)

It seems like the ghost writers even lost it from whatever book this is from. I feel like I could pick up from this last episode and write a more compelling story.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

Load Metric
    I feel like Im in a dream, watching an avalanche of bad plot decisions, poor dialog, and squandered momentum rush down a hillside towards me, months and months away.

And I cant stop it, and I cant change it, and I cant get out of the way.

Load Metric
    Every upcoming episode is a beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    And most of them are Ringo.

Load Metric
    HYACHA CHA CHA CHAAAAAAAA

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Heard through social media last nights episode was "unreal"

I thought it sucked, last scene was cool but the rest sucked

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Heard through social media last nights episode was "unreal"

I thought it sucked, last scene was cool but the rest sucked

Thread Information