Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric

Game of Meh

Show is kinda crumbling.

ANyway thanks for reading.

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I'm hearing good things about Fargo, anyone in on this ?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    has been pretty terrible for 99 % of the past 2 weeks

Comments

sonatine: math holds water rep

Load Metric
    i can't possibly be asked to care about 10 different characters when most are lucky to get >3 minutes per episode

Load Metric
    khaleesi freeing slaves is literally the least compelling plot line ever created.

oh and peter / sansa / the eyrie is going to give it a run for its money.

i know ive said it before but this is EXACTLY where the books fell apart completely; he burnt 80% of the interesting plot lines and had to cycle in endless bullshit politics and emotional turmoil featuring a collection of new characters whose only purpose is replace the dead ones. badly.

i am about 99% sure i know exactly where this season is going to end and the next one starts, and i can honestly say that its going to get so, so much worse next season too.

in before lannister has a full blown aspie meltdown and rushes to the shows defense.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    waaaait for iiiiiiiit

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    I'm hearing good things about Fargo, anyone in on this ?
    It's a great film. One of my favorites.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Need to bring back the Darthracki dude that died somehow or the show is doomed

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    bring back the first sword of bravos

Load Metric
    Chinas and Willies suggestions are light years beyond anything George RR Martin has brought to the table since book 2.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    bring back the first sword of bravos

that guy was god

Load Metric
    This ep. was a little lightweight but its still the only show that gets 100% of my attention when im watching it.

Also liking Fargo so far.

Load Metric
    Sometimes I feel like I must be watching a different show than you Mr. Tine. I will say though, Teriann needs to get back to banging hookers. I thought this last episode was above average for the show. We will re-evaluate in 2 weeks. I feel like I'm trying not to like it because the internet says so, and I can't dislike it.

Comments

sonatine: SOLID POINT NON-DRK

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
    Sometimes I feel like I must be watching a different show than you Mr. Tine. I will say though, Teriann needs to get back to banging hookers. I thought this last episode was above average for the show. We will re-evaluate in 2 weeks. I feel like I'm trying not to like it because the internet says so, and I can't dislike it.
    After watching a bunch of these limited run series, it's like they all start way strong, peter off until episode 5 where shit invariably hits the fan, then coast till about 2 ep's from the end and then finish epic. There are ep arcs and there are season arcs. I do feel that a lot of these shows don't know their season commitment before the very end so they're trying to write 9 eps and end up having to write 12-14. That extra 3 or so eps is a fuck ton of work.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    khaleesi freeing slaves is literally the least compelling plot line ever created.

i know ive said it before but this is EXACTLY where the books fell apart completely; he burnt 80% of the interesting plot lines and had to cycle in endless bullshit politics and emotional turmoil featuring a collection of new characters whose only purpose is replace the dead ones. badly.

i am about 99% sure i know exactly where this season is going to end and the next one starts, and i can honestly say that its going to get so, so much worse next season too.

in before lannister has a full blown aspie meltdown and rushes to the shows defense.
    This sucks but was to be expected. I read the first book and was promptly told by several people to stop reading if I liked the show. Plus JSearles mentioned reading and liking the books.

The show will still be good as the acting is strong even with weak story lines.

Let's be honest, it's been good so far but a lot of the arcs are horrible. GoT apologists/fanboys are quickly becoming the worst thing ever.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

This sucks but was to be expected. I read the first book and was promptly told by several people to stop reading if I liked the show. Plus JSearles mentioned reading and liking the books.

Let's be honest, it's been good so far but a lot of the arcs are horrible. GoT apologists/fanboys are quickly becoming the worst thing ever.
    Honestly, you're not wrong, neither is Drk. The show is goodish. Still. Its better than most other things.

But it used to be great. I play candy crush during it now. I check email.

Such things were inconceivable once.

Comments

El Gallo: did u refer to me as DRK?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Honestly, you're not wrong, neither is Drk. The show is goodish. Still. Its better than most other things.

But it used to be great. I play candy crush during it now. I check email.

Such things were inconceivable once.

Name:  a0237f317b555f1b75a586d4dc254ff015fca4af728f78d0eab4808847ed65ba.jpg
Views: 2512
Size:  13.7 KB

FTR, it's always been meh for me.

Comments

sonatine: calling meh meh

Load Metric

Rofl. Im senile.

Load Metric

Rofl. Im senile.
    You are forgiven.

Comments

DRK Star: there are worse things you could have been referred to........Right?......

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ::o View Post
    Also liking Fargo so far.
    Same

Billy God Thornton

Comments

4Dragons: telling it like it is rep

Thread Information