Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566
Results 1,301 to 1,316 of 1316

Thread: Game of Meh

  1. #1301
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    4916
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21,592
    it looks pretty written in stone at this point that we are sol until 2019.

    the reason being, usually they have 2 teams shooting in 2 different locations because all the plots are all over the fucking place. this means they can basically get footage in the can 2x as fast.

    now that all the characters are more or less on the same geographical stage, its 1 crew pretty much. so yeah looks like its going to air in spring of 2019.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  2. #1302
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    331
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,568
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    it looks pretty written in stone at this point that we are sol until 2019.

    the reason being, usually they have 2 teams shooting in 2 different locations because all the plots are all over the fucking place. this means they can basically get footage in the can 2x as fast.

    now that all the characters are more or less on the same geographical stage, its 1 crew pretty much. so yeah looks like its going to air in spring of 2019.
    Daario is still chilling on the Mereen set in Croatia.....waiting for a film crew to show up.

  3. #1303
    It seems Jamie is just going to join up with Dany's army (and eventually get with Brienne which I said was going to happen years ago), so I don't really see Tyrion betraying Dany for him. Maybe he betrays her for Cersei?

    I personally think that at some point Jon is going to betray her to save humanity.

  4. #1304
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    4916
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21,592
    Filming apparently started a week or two ago.

    Also it looks like the whole Meera Reed / Jon Snow twins nonsense is dust because it does not appear that she's in the final season.

    So basically her getting dissed by Dr Manhattan after saving his life like 50 fucking times is her departing scene from the series.



    Also for season 7 they spent 6 months filming and 5-6 months editing the season.. filming ended in Feb and the series aired starting in July.

    Realistically, they will wrap shooting in March... and air in fall? It's completely possible... like literally they can roll with the "WINTER IS HERE" splash they've been building for as the first snows fall in winter of 2018.

     
    Comments
      
      Daly: Dr Manhattan Rep
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  5. #1305
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    4916
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21,592
    couple of pleasant updates;

    1) we wont be seeing eliria (sandsnake broad) again, apparently her plot line ends quietly and off screen in cersei's dungeon.

    2) we will be waiting until 2019 to watch the final season because winter was literally late so they had to postpone shooting.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  6. #1306
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    4916
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21,592
    final season air date begins in april 2019.


    budget: 15m per ep.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  7. #1307
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    4916
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21,592
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    also saw a rumor winds of winter possibly coming in june?? sonatine?

    lol aaaaaaaany minute now.


    ignore that russian interview he did 2 days ago where he said that the previous 6 and a half (or however deep he is into WoW) books almost literally killed him.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  8. #1308
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    1348
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,707
    ACCEPTED:
    10/2/2018 6:58:43 AM
    DESCRIPTION:
    MOBILE - ENTERTAINMENT - GAME OF THRONES - RULER OF WESTEROS END OF SEASON 8 - GENDRY +2500
    CONTEST NOTES:
    ALL WAGERS HAVE ACTION. OTHERS UPON REQUEST
    TYPE
    RISK
    TO WIN
    CONTEST
    $100.00
    $2,500.00

  9. #1309
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    ACCEPTED:
    10/2/2018 6:58:43 AM
    DESCRIPTION:
    MOBILE - ENTERTAINMENT - GAME OF THRONES - RULER OF WESTEROS END OF SEASON 8 - GENDRY +2500
    CONTEST NOTES:
    ALL WAGERS HAVE ACTION. OTHERS UPON REQUEST
    TYPE
    RISK
    TO WIN
    CONTEST
    $100.00
    $2,500.00
    I love this bet. Id love it even more if the show hadnt (most likely) altered the ending. As is i dont see how dany jon or bran doesnt prevail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

  10. #1310
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    ACCEPTED:
    10/2/2018 6:58:43 AM
    DESCRIPTION:
    MOBILE - ENTERTAINMENT - GAME OF THRONES - RULER OF WESTEROS END OF SEASON 8 - GENDRY +2500
    CONTEST NOTES:
    ALL WAGERS HAVE ACTION. OTHERS UPON REQUEST
    TYPE
    RISK
    TO WIN
    CONTEST
    $100.00
    $2,500.00
    I love this bet. Id love it even more if the show hadnt (most likely) altered the ending. As is i dont see how dany jon or bran doesnt prevail.
    HBO has really been leaning into SJW cultural Marxism of late. I doubt they would make the final ruler of Westeros a white male. I doubt they would want the person to be white at all, but they might not have a choice there because I don't see any non-white characters it would plausibly be without making it too obvious they are just pandering to political correctedness. And I doubt they want to replicate the backlash Disney got going that route with The Last Jedi.

    What are the odds on Arya? I could definitely see them going that route.
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  11. #1311
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    4916
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21,592
    april air date, 6 eps.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  12. #1312
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    331
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,568
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    april air date, 6 eps.
    I'm starting to think there will be a lot less death this season than I originally thought. Wonder if they're gonna keep a lot of characters endings vague to set up possible future one-off movies/small shows. Even the idiots at TWD are doing it.

  13. #1313
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    4916
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21,592
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    april air date, 6 eps.
    I'm starting to think there will be a lot less death this season than I originally thought. Wonder if they're gonna keep a lot of characters endings vague to set up possible future one-off movies/small shows. Even the idiots at TWD are doing it.

    there has always been this rumor that somehow, the showrunners agreed to a particular end game with GRM. ive never really bought that narrative, nor am i closer to doing so.

    whatever tho... imo first significant death will likely be dany, last will likely be arya.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  14. #1314
    MORE LIKE GAYME OF THRONES THIS THING IS ON RIGHT

  15. #1315
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    april air date, 6 eps.
    I'm starting to think there will be a lot less death this season than I originally thought. Wonder if they're gonna keep a lot of characters endings vague to set up possible future one-off movies/small shows. Even the idiots at TWD are doing it.
    it sounds like the entire last episode is essentially gonna be a movie-length battle. No doubt plenty of deaths coming there.
    @CursedDiamonds on twitter

  16. #1316
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    1348
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,707
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

    I'm starting to think there will be a lot less death this season than I originally thought. Wonder if they're gonna keep a lot of characters endings vague to set up possible future one-off movies/small shows. Even the idiots at TWD are doing it.

    there has always been this rumor that somehow, the showrunners agreed to a particular end game with GRM. ive never really bought that narrative, nor am i closer to doing so.

    whatever tho... imo first significant death will likely be dany, last will likely be arya.
    I think that *was* the case 4-6 years ago before it became obvious to everyone that GRM was stringing everyone along so they would keep making seasons while he finished everything up.

    When HBO decided enough was enough three years ago they pulled a Hollywood script together that suited their liking. If you squint real close you can see the moment when it went from a methodicaly written story with ravens taking weeks to send messages to being faster than FedEx...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rob Ford Game
    By Muck Ficon in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 01:24 PM
  2. AFC Championship Game In Game Thread
    By Hockey Guy in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 07:09 PM
  3. RED WINGS vs BLACK HAWKS GAME 7 (Official In Game Thread)
    By badguy23 in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-29-2013, 10:09 PM
  4. Game of Thrones
    By Lannister in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2013, 08:38 PM
  5. I want to bet on the ravens game
    By adamantium in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 01:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •