Page 75 of 87 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1729

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    could the white horse be bran warging into a ride out of hell for his sister?

if not, is there any good explanation of it?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

no there is not.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

death / pale horse / etc.

basically, no, there is no good explanation of it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i think that you colossal book nerds are over-thinking this and i'm also glad that george rr martin will never ever finish them.

fair but again i made the same argument more or less but things have gotten so uneven and jarring and nonsensical that im basically a little in my feelings at this point.

also seriously youre right about him not finishing them and its 100% because he cant stick the landing and its going to be Dune/Frank Herbert all over again and im already cant'ing.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i think that you colossal book nerds are over-thinking this and i'm also glad that george rr martin will never ever finish them.

fair but again i made the same argument more or less but things have gotten so uneven and jarring and nonsensical that im basically a little in my feelings at this point.

also seriously youre right about him not finishing them and its 100% because he cant stick the landing and its going to be Dune/Frank Herbert all over again and im already cant'ing.
    he supposedly told the writers how he wants the show to end, so i assume we're seeing it -- just the super-abbreviated 180 minute version.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Yeah I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the writing and storytelling begun a nosedive the moment they ran out of source material and started using the micon system for showrunners.

I mean this show has always been about shutting your brain off at the door and just watching the spectacle unfold, right? My bad for overthinking everything in a show that rose to prominence focusing on castle intrigue while having major battles happen off screen.

Sorry this has all just been a big misunderstanding.

Comments

gauchojake: micon system for showrunners is epic

Load Metric
    ok seriously who is this guy

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post

bottom line is that for as "bad" as this season is, it's light years better than the best season of any other show that ever existed. and you people are losing sight of this.
    this has to be a level?
    Just be honest, this was a huge level, right? Wp

Load Metric
    Yeah I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the writing and storytelling begun a nosedive the moment they ran out of source material and started using the micon system for showrunners.

I mean this show has always been about shutting your brain off at the door and just watching the spectacle unfold, right? My bad for overthinking everything in a show that rose to prominence focusing on castle intrigue while having major battles happen off screen.

Sorry this has all just been a big misunderstanding.
    to be fair, i agree with you that the writing has fallen off, which i view as a byproduct of hbo, for whatever reason, saying let's wrap this up in 6 episodes. that sucks, but it is what it is.

but book nerds like yourself are overly toxic.

we get it. you read books. that makes you superior to non-book readers. there was always a zero percent chance that you were going to watch this season -- knowing that it was not written by george rr martin -- and say anything good about it.

i mean seriously, it's now bad to just "watch the spectacle unfold"? do you usually put a lot of work into watching tv?

and sorry to disappoint you, but there was always major battles coming. and also sorry but the major battles have always been the best parts of the show.

un-pretentious people can admit that the dothraki charging on jaime and bronn, when danerys swoops in on the dragon was a literally amazing scene.

danerys burning all the slavers' ships was also gold.

the battle with the night king, and yes, this last battle was also magic.

i can go on and on with this, but yeah, the battle scenes have long been some of the best parts of the shows and we're seeing some of the best of them this year.

Load Metric
    just look at the negativity of this place. after the episode where the night king died, sonatine's initial post was that he literally applauded.

cue 20 negative posts about the show by you idiots and tine basically renounced his previous support.

vaughn, bless his native american heart, has already said (weeks ago) that any ending where jon is king will be terrible.

do you people see a problem with how you are living your lives?

Load Metric

he supposedly told the writers how he wants the show to end, so i assume we're seeing it -- just the super-abbreviated 180 minute version.

heres the thing.. i remember them discussing how the books end, and of course their interview was 'who are jon snows real parents'. i dont recall them saying they agreed how the show would end. in fact 100% of the comments i remember about the shows ending were predicated on how tiny changes to the plot can and would create massive divergences between the show and the books (butterfly theory so on). so i think if anything they agreed at the outset that they would not pursue the same ending as the book.

also again its not that we are shitty about whats taking place, we are shitty about the fact that it feels like we are watching a fanedit Best Moments of GoT youtube video instead of the actual show because the glue required to hold this together with any meaningful sense of cohesion is absent.

hence artless.

the battle of winterfell ended on a high note, and that high note (by all appearances) has been squandered.

i would love to show up here at 10:30pm next sunday night saying wow, i get what they were doing, they stuck the landing. i just dont see how its possible at this point.

Load Metric
    just look at the negativity of this place. after the episode where the night king died, sonatine's initial post was that he literally applauded.

cue 20 negative posts about the show by you idiots and tine basically renounced his previous support.

vaughn, bless his native american heart, has already said (weeks ago) that any ending where jon is king will be terrible.

upon review, i think i had tine's "negativity" confused with someone else, possibly daly

Load Metric

heres the thing.. i remember them discussing how the books end, and of course their interview was 'who are jon snows real parents'. i dont recall them saying they agreed how the show would end. in fact 100% of the comments i remember about the shows ending were predicated on how tiny changes to the plot can and would create massive divergences between the show and the books (butterfly theory so on). so i think if anything they agreed at the outset that they would not pursue the same ending as the book.

also again its not that we are shitty about whats taking place, we are shitty about the fact that it feels like we are watching a fanedit Best Moments of GoT youtube video instead of the actual show because the glue required to hold this together with any meaningful sense of cohesion is absent.

hence artless.

the battle of winterfell ended on a high note, and that high note (by all appearances) has been squandered.

i would love to show up here at 10:30pm next sunday night saying wow, i get what they were doing, they stuck the landing. i just dont see how its possible at this point.
    honestly i agree with most or all of this, except i'm not quite as down on what the tv writers are doing

Load Metric

upon review, i think i had tine's "negativity" confused with someone else, possibly daly
    It’s a Fair criticism. You want to take it there I wouldn’t argue the point.

Load Metric
    and realtalk, wtf, look at this comment by you two weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk
    Definitely one of the most entertaining pieces of television I've ever watched, especially in the moment with all the constant tension and surprises.
    and you're getting on me for saying this season was geeat?

Gold
    Load Metric

to be fair, i agree with you that the writing has fallen off, which i view as a byproduct of hbo, for whatever reason, saying let's wrap this up in 6 episodes. that sucks, but it is what it is.
    Except HBO offered D&D an increased budget for a 10 episode final season and they declined... So there goes that assumption

Also I never read the books until Jon got killed on the show. It was at that point I knew reading the books wouldn't spoil any of the show. Before reading the books I had a similar viewpoint as you about bookreaders when I would read their complaints about the show not being faithful to the books and whatnot... :Whofuckingcares... After reading the books, outside of the people that wish for lady stoneheart, I agree with them.

I don't consider it hard work to watch a show and expect basic common sense to apply to the flow of the show

Load Metric
    i mean, i'm actually getting more and more pissed off that they literally made dany hitler cause that's a disgrace, but i'll never admit it to you people

Comments

sonatine: it legit fucked up my night, true story

Load Metric

Except HBO offered D&D an increased budget for a 10 episode final season and they declined... So there goes that assumption

Also I never read the books until Jon got killed on the show. It was at that point I knew reading the books wouldn't spoil any of the show. Before reading the books I had a similar viewpoint as you about bookreaders when I would read their complaints about the show not being faithful to the books and whatnot... :Whofuckingcares... After reading the books, outside of the people that wish for lady stoneheart, I agree with them.

I don't consider it hard work to watch a show and expect basic common sense to apply to the flow of the show
    assuming D&D are the writers, hbo should have found someone else to do it and expanded this 3 more seasons

Load Metric
    one of the ringer podcasts made the comparison that the first 6 seasons were Martin Scorsese, the last 2 are Michael Bay.

Comments

sonatine: pretty coge

Gold
    Load Metric
    and realtalk, wtf, look at this comment by you two weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk
    Definitely one of the most entertaining pieces of television I've ever watched, especially in the moment with all the constant tension and surprises.
    and you're getting on me for saying this season was geeat?
    I openly said the episode was shot and edited magnificently outside of being way too dark to the point of not being able to see everything going on. The director did an amazing job. The music was sublime. Arya hailmarying the nk, was shocking and totally caught me off guard in a good way, because of the editing and frantic pacing.

In a vacuum it was the most engaged I'd been during a show wire to wire. It was still poorly written and made no sense based on the groundwork laid before it re: the nk and what came after it relating to the regenerating dothraki/unsullied, varys betrayal etc.

If that was episode 6 coming next week instead of what I think we're about to get, I probably would have a much more positive outlook on this season regardless of how it stacks up against grrms conclusion that we will never see

Comments

blake: fair

Thread Information