Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1729

Thread: Game of Meh

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

it's weird. i think it's snow too but just about every tv critic out there is talking about how we assumed it was snow, but it was really ash.

i don't agree, but just google ash and throne and this theory is everywhere
    its a nice touch if its ash but i feel like somehow that would have been made clearer a long time ago?..

exactly no one thought it was ash when it aired. fuck time to crack open the book.
    To me it's debatable until 0:58 when you see base of where the throne is. Looks too white to be ash and you hear that snow crunch pretty clearly as she is walking. To be fair tho I don't exactly know how it would sound to be walking on ash inches deep.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post

its a nice touch if its ash but i feel like somehow that would have been made clearer a long time ago?..

exactly no one thought it was ash when it aired. fuck time to crack open the book.
    To me it's debatable until 0:58 when you see base of where the throne is. Looks too white to be ash and you hear that snow crunch pretty clearly as she is walking. To be fair tho I don't exactly know how it would sound to be walking on ash inches deep.

also i just checked and none of that shit is in the books and again the director and star of the scene both call it snow in the episode voice-over so its snow.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric

also i just checked and none of that shit is in the books and again the director and star of the scene both call it snow in the episode voice-over so its snow.
    Lol odds that d&d have a commentary saying it was actually ash in the vision all along?

Comments

sonatine: fucking *eyelid twitch*

blake: 85

Load Metric
    Find this twitter thread and read it. Every character hates the ending.

Name:  48E43944-ED11-447F-BDAD-A1D1C1254A30.png
Views: 385
Size:  1.89 MB

Load Metric

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    so fun fact varys was trying to poison dany, thats what he and the little girl were discussing, and i didnt even catch it because it was so weirdly written and dany executed him without even knowing about it.

hashtag best writers working in television or something.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Lol I posted this a couple pages back but some solid gold responses here with some of the same from above.

Comments

sonatine:

Load Metric

Load Metric
    so fun fact varys was trying to poison dany, thats what he and the little girl were discussing, and i didnt even catch it because it was so weirdly written and dany executed him without even knowing about it.

hashtag best writers working in television or something.
    i didn't either. i only thought they were discussing having her deliver letters about jon everywhere

Load Metric
    Name:  60198517_2485269591485814_3715426489504628736_n.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  49.3 KB

Comments

RealTalk: Fuck I had completely forgotten about Dexter until now

Gold
    Load Metric

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I'm fine with the quick transition of Dany. As I've read, all of her actions have always been selfish and she's always debated doing awful things. The only thing that stopped it were her sensible trusted advisors. She trusted their judgement to ensure she was viewed favorably. Having said that, going into the battle of Kings Landing she lost all of her trusted advisors by death or perceived betrayal. At that moment she's at her weakest when controlling her wreckless impulses. She goes at the decision alone in what to do if the bells ring and I thought it was pretty clear she had made up her mind before the battle even started.

The only way it would have worked for a slow decline over time would have been if she lost her advisors prior to the decline and replaced them with bad ones that allowed her to do as she pleased like cersi's hand. Over time with good advisors I see them steering her back to the right path.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post
    I'm fine with the quick transition of Dany. As I've read, all of her actions have always been selfish and she's always debated doing awful things. The only thing that stopped it were her sensible trusted advisors. She trusted their judgement to ensure she was viewed favorably. Having said that, going into the battle of Kings Landing she lost all of her trusted advisors by death or perceived betrayal. At that moment she's at her weakest when controlling her wreckless impulses. She goes at the decision alone in what to do if the bells ring and I thought it was pretty clear she had made up her mind before the battle even started.

The only way it would have worked for a slow decline over time would have been if she lost her advisors prior to the decline and replaced them with bad ones that allowed her to do as she pleased like cersi's hand. Over time with good advisors I see them steering her back to the right path.
    i'm a little sad about it but from a storyline perspective, i don't hate it as much as most people. i'm kind of with you that it does make some sense. it's not like the writers had jon go on a murderous rampage. we always saw some of this in her.

Load Metric
    have we heard what the spinoffs will be about? any chance they're planning sequels?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    have we heard what the spinoffs will be about? any chance they're planning sequels?
    I think it's all but confirmed the first spinoff is going to be set thousands of years before the current show and focus on the original long night when the white walkers and nk first showed up.

I want to say I read that filming is scheduled to start at the end of the year? But that seems really fast considering I haven't even seen any casting rumors.

Load Metric
    yeah there was supposed to be a prequel that grrm had given his blessing for but i feel like the last 2 seasons probably put the last nails in that ideas coffin.

Load Metric
    Only prequel I’d sign on for would be a good version of Roberts rebellion with good actors and a decent budget.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Pretty lol theory picking up a little bit of steam that Jaime is somehow still alive...

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...nister-theory/

Is it sad that based on the logic of this season I think this could actually be in play?

Cliffs: cast members have not given Nikolaj Coster-Waldau farewell tributes on social media. EW is holding the release of his exit interview for yet to be revealed reason, even though every other exit interview had released directly following the death of their character.
    Last edited by RealTalk; 05-16-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Load Metric
    Pretty lol theory picking up a little bit of steam that Jaime is somehow still alive...

Is it sad that based on the logic of this season I think this could actually be in play?

Cliffs: cast members have not given Nikolaj Coster-Waldau farewell tributes on social media. EW is holding the release of his exit interview for yet to be revealed reason, even though every other exit interview had released directly following the death of their character.
    i keep trying to find a way to dismiss this as facile, mostly because they have 70 minutes left to find closure despite there being a fucking ton of plates spinning already, and incredibly i cant pull it off.

Gold
    Load Metric

i keep trying to find a way to dismiss this as facile, mostly because they have 70 minutes left to find closure despite there being a fucking ton of plates spinning already, and incredibly i cant pull it off.
    part of me really wants to use my one time for this to happen, just so i can watch the chaos unfold

Thread Information