Page 66 of 87 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1729

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    it looks pretty written in stone at this point that we are sol until 2019.

the reason being, usually they have 2 teams shooting in 2 different locations because all the plots are all over the fucking place. this means they can basically get footage in the can 2x as fast.

now that all the characters are more or less on the same geographical stage, its 1 crew pretty much. so yeah looks like its going to air in spring of 2019.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    it looks pretty written in stone at this point that we are sol until 2019.

the reason being, usually they have 2 teams shooting in 2 different locations because all the plots are all over the fucking place. this means they can basically get footage in the can 2x as fast.

now that all the characters are more or less on the same geographical stage, its 1 crew pretty much. so yeah looks like its going to air in spring of 2019.
    Daario is still chilling on the Mereen set in Croatia.....waiting for a film crew to show up.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    It seems Jamie is just going to join up with Dany's army (and eventually get with Brienne which I said was going to happen years ago), so I don't really see Tyrion betraying Dany for him. Maybe he betrays her for Cersei?

I personally think that at some point Jon is going to betray her to save humanity.

Load Metric
    Filming apparently started a week or two ago.

Also it looks like the whole Meera Reed / Jon Snow twins nonsense is dust because it does not appear that she's in the final season.

So basically her getting dissed by Dr Manhattan after saving his life like 50 fucking times is her departing scene from the series.

Also for season 7 they spent 6 months filming and 5-6 months editing the season.. filming ended in Feb and the series aired starting in July.

Realistically, they will wrap shooting in March... and air in fall? It's completely possible... like literally they can roll with the "WINTER IS HERE" splash they've been building for as the first snows fall in winter of 2018.

Comments

Daly: Dr Manhattan Rep

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    couple of pleasant updates;

1) we wont be seeing eliria (sandsnake broad) again, apparently her plot line ends quietly and off screen in cersei's dungeon.

2) we will be waiting until 2019 to watch the final season because winter was literally late so they had to postpone shooting.

Load Metric
    final season air date begins in april 2019.

budget: 15m per ep.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    also saw a rumor winds of winter possibly coming in june?? sonatine?

lol aaaaaaaany minute now.

ignore that russian interview he did 2 days ago where he said that the previous 6 and a half (or however deep he is into WoW) books almost literally killed him.

Load Metric
    ACCEPTED:
    10/2/2018 6:58:43 AM
    DESCRIPTION:
    MOBILE - ENTERTAINMENT - GAME OF THRONES - RULER OF WESTEROS END OF SEASON 8 - GENDRY +2500
    CONTEST NOTES:
    ALL WAGERS HAVE ACTION. OTHERS UPON REQUEST
    TYPE
    RISK
    TO WIN
    CONTEST
    $100.00
    $2,500.00

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    ACCEPTED:
    DESCRIPTION:
    MOBILE - ENTERTAINMENT - GAME OF THRONES - RULER OF WESTEROS END OF SEASON 8 - GENDRY +2500
    CONTEST NOTES:
    TYPE
    RISK
    TO WIN
    CONTEST
    $100.00
    $2,500.00
    I love this bet. Id love it even more if the show hadnt (most likely) altered the ending. As is i dont see how dany jon or bran doesnt prevail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    ACCEPTED:
    DESCRIPTION:
    CONTEST NOTES:
    TYPE
    RISK
    TO WIN
    CONTEST
    $100.00
    $2,500.00
    I love this bet. Id love it even more if the show hadnt (most likely) altered the ending. As is i dont see how dany jon or bran doesnt prevail.
    HBO has really been leaning into SJW cultural Marxism of late. I doubt they would make the final ruler of Westeros a white male. I doubt they would want the person to be white at all, but they might not have a choice there because I don't see any non-white characters it would plausibly be without making it too obvious they are just pandering to political correctedness. And I doubt they want to replicate the backlash Disney got going that route with The Last Jedi.

What are the odds on Arya? I could definitely see them going that route.

Load Metric
    april air date, 6 eps.

Load Metric
    april air date, 6 eps.
    I'm starting to think there will be a lot less death this season than I originally thought. Wonder if they're gonna keep a lot of characters endings vague to set up possible future one-off movies/small shows. Even the idiots at TWD are doing it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    april air date, 6 eps.
    I'm starting to think there will be a lot less death this season than I originally thought. Wonder if they're gonna keep a lot of characters endings vague to set up possible future one-off movies/small shows. Even the idiots at TWD are doing it.

there has always been this rumor that somehow, the showrunners agreed to a particular end game with GRM. ive never really bought that narrative, nor am i closer to doing so.

whatever tho... imo first significant death will likely be dany, last will likely be arya.

Load Metric
    MORE LIKE GAYME OF THRONES THIS THING IS ON RIGHT

Load Metric
    april air date, 6 eps.
    it sounds like the entire last episode is essentially gonna be a movie-length battle. No doubt plenty of deaths coming there.

Load Metric

there has always been this rumor that somehow, the showrunners agreed to a particular end game with GRM. ive never really bought that narrative, nor am i closer to doing so.

whatever tho... imo first significant death will likely be dany, last will likely be arya.
    I think that *was* the case 4-6 years ago before it became obvious to everyone that GRM was stringing everyone along so they would keep making seasons while he finished everything up.

When HBO decided enough was enough three years ago they pulled a Hollywood script together that suited their liking. If you squint real close you can see the moment when it went from a methodicaly written story with ravens taking weeks to send messages to being faster than FedEx...

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    MORE LIKE GAYME OF THRONES THIS THING IS ON RIGHT

ELEVEN

thats how much better i am than all of u

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

it sounds like the entire last episode is essentially gonna be a movie-length battle. No doubt plenty of deaths coming there.
    My understanding is it’s episode 3. It’s like hardhome and the battle Of winterfel combined with some HGH and Steroids.

It’s suppsedly going to be the biggest and longest continuous battle sceen ever.

Thread Information