Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1729

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    grrm basically just called all his fans toxic and pretty much every nerd who ever had is back is turning on him super vocally.

tl;dr: totally failing to focus on finishing ASOIAF but constantly cashing in with half assed money grab books no one asked for

also for the first time it seems like people are openly acknowledging that he's never going to finish ASOIAF. ever.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    there is apparently an epic interview making the rounds where nikolaj coster-waldau absolutely lays into d&d apparently, apparently he constantly confronted them on how atrocious the writing was getting since he read the script for season 4.
    Good for him. Of all the characters on the show kingslayer took it straight to the balls the worst.

Load Metric
    https://deadline.com/2019/09/house-t...bo-1202732221/

supposedly, a prequel set 300 years before GOT focusing on house targaryen about to get greenlit

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    https://deadline.com/2019/09/house-t...bo-1202732221/

supposedly, a prequel set 300 years before GOT focusing on house targaryen about to get greenlit

According to sources, the Condal/Martin project is not a sixth GoT prequel.

lol kaaaaay

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...-b-weiss-panel

so basically the showrunners are admitting they had absolutely no idea what they were doing, ever, from bell to bell, and were totally unqualified to do this or any other tv show.

Load Metric
    so basically the showrunners are admitting they had absolutely no idea what they were doing, ever, from bell to bell, and were totally unqualified to do this or any other tv show.
    Here's a compilation of the live tweets the article was based on. They shoulda just kept their mouths shut on all this, imo.
    https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...071556102.html

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Here's a compilation of the live tweets the article was based on. They shoulda just kept their mouths shut on all this, imo.
    https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...071556102.html

honestly, incredibly illuminating and depressing in equal measures.

shout out to them considering the night king to be nothing but another contender to the throne in so many words, which explains.. everything.

Comments

Daly: It really does explain it all.

Load Metric
    I’m firmly in the “Just let it die” phase now.

It had a great run for a while and just couldn’t hold up to the expectations that were built. We don’t need 100 spinoffs now.

Load Metric
    i want to see spinoffs for the simple reason that it's an under-represented genre and I'd like for someone to actually take advantage of the depth of the source material, given that its honestly not got much else going for it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

It had a great run for a while and just couldn’t hold up to the expectations that were built. We don’t need 100 spinoffs now.
    i want to see spinoffs for the simple reason that it's an under-represented genre and I'd like for someone to actually take advantage of the depth of the source material, given that its honestly not got much else going for it.
    agreed Daly. I think they really wanted to tell the tale of The Red Wedding so they meticulously crafted the first 3 seasons to set up one of the greatest literary double crosses ever. Even the 4th season is still fucking mint. I think with the first 4 seasons they created a blueprint of how to successfully translate these books to the screen. They stuck to some elements in later seasons but eventually abandoned it completely and we ended up with but she's muh queen i dun wan et to close out what could have been the greatest fantasy adaptation ever.

I was watching some late night show years ago and Ugly Kid Joe was playing. They finished their hit song and the lead singer immediately grabbed his jacket and peaced the fuck out. That's what season 8 reminded me of.

Load Metric
    hey remember when the show runners fucked GoT into the dirt so they could concentrate on working on Star Wars?

that parties over, they are now doing a Netflix contract instead.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/david-beniof...-wa-1839431649

Load Metric

The anticipation versus what we got...really.might be the most.disappointing season of TV ever.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    hey remember when the show runners fucked GoT into the dirt so they could concentrate on working on Star Wars?

Disney, J.J. Abrams, Rian Johnson and whoever did the film called Solo have already done a terrific job of fucking up Star Wars.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

The anticipation versus what we got...really.might be the most.disappointing season of TV ever.

i think one might even extend this to the previous 2 seasons. perhaps we just tend to overlook how problematic they were because the last was such a remarkable clusterfuck.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Good point

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

Disney, J.J. Abrams, Rian Johnson and whoever did the film called Solo have already done a terrific job of fucking up Star Wars.

As much as I’d like to pile into the Disney fucked Star Wars bandwagon let us not forget the brand was so permanently damaged by the Phantom Menace that they needed a “new hope” reboot just to stabilize the universe.

Load Metric
    aaaaand hbo just killed the spinoff.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...s-jane-goldman

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I read the Gizmodo article. I like how in the article Benioff and Weiss are credited as the brains behind Game of Thrones and great storytellers, without acknowledging they were adapting a script someone else had already written, with the best seasons following the script almost verbatim.

If one was going to do a GoT prequel, I don't understand why they wouldn't just do one from 15 years before centered around Rhaegar Targaryen, as much of the blueprint is already laid out in GoT, and there would probably be more fan investment because they would be featuring a lot of the more popular characters 15 years younger (Jamie, Cersei, Ned, Robert, etc.)

Plus, the show doesn't go into the backstory as much as the books, so casual TV viewers wouldn't even really know what was going to happen. My wife was a casual viewer and I guarantee she didn't really pick up on the backstory all that completely.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Also, of the recent Star Wars reboots Rogue One is the only good one, and I have no expectation the movie coming out will be an exception.

Of all the blockbuster franchises, Marvel is heads and tails better than the others, and it isn't even close. The stories are way more interesting and the writing and acting is clearly better.

Gold
    Load Metric
    LMAO this is getting ridiculous

Hbo confirms 10 episode GOT prequel

Load Metric
    this is fucking madness, so this is a _different_ got prequel i guess?

honestly wtf.

Thread Information