Thread: Game of Meh

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Game of Meh

Show is kinda crumbling.

ANyway thanks for reading.

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I'm hearing good things about Fargo, anyone in on this ?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    has been pretty terrible for 99 % of the past 2 weeks

Comments

sonatine: math holds water rep

Load Metric
    i can't possibly be asked to care about 10 different characters when most are lucky to get >3 minutes per episode

Load Metric
    khaleesi freeing slaves is literally the least compelling plot line ever created.

oh and peter / sansa / the eyrie is going to give it a run for its money.

i know ive said it before but this is EXACTLY where the books fell apart completely; he burnt 80% of the interesting plot lines and had to cycle in endless bullshit politics and emotional turmoil featuring a collection of new characters whose only purpose is replace the dead ones. badly.

i am about 99% sure i know exactly where this season is going to end and the next one starts, and i can honestly say that its going to get so, so much worse next season too.

in before lannister has a full blown aspie meltdown and rushes to the shows defense.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    waaaait for iiiiiiiit

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    khaleesi freeing slaves is literally the least compelling plot line ever created.

i know ive said it before but this is EXACTLY where the books fell apart completely; he burnt 80% of the interesting plot lines and had to cycle in endless bullshit politics and emotional turmoil featuring a collection of new characters whose only purpose is replace the dead ones. badly.

i am about 99% sure i know exactly where this season is going to end and the next one starts, and i can honestly say that its going to get so, so much worse next season too.

in before lannister has a full blown aspie meltdown and rushes to the shows defense.
    This sucks but was to be expected. I read the first book and was promptly told by several people to stop reading if I liked the show. Plus JSearles mentioned reading and liking the books.

The show will still be good as the acting is strong even with weak story lines.

Let's be honest, it's been good so far but a lot of the arcs are horrible. GoT apologists/fanboys are quickly becoming the worst thing ever.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

It doesn't bother me if people like the show or the books. Your only beef with me was calling you out on the George Martin ghostwriting. All I did was say I disagreed and ask you to provide any links of proof, people talking about it, any shred of evidence whatsoever. You went apeshit after that and never linked anything. Just calm down, I'm sorry you have a failed writing career. You're not the first and most certainly won't be the last.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    I'm hearing good things about Fargo, anyone in on this ?
    It's a great film. One of my favorites.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Need to bring back the Darthracki dude that died somehow or the show is doomed

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    bring back the first sword of bravos

Load Metric
    Chinas and Willies suggestions are light years beyond anything George RR Martin has brought to the table since book 2.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    bring back the first sword of bravos

that guy was god

Load Metric
    This ep. was a little lightweight but its still the only show that gets 100% of my attention when im watching it.

Also liking Fargo so far.

Load Metric
    Sometimes I feel like I must be watching a different show than you Mr. Tine. I will say though, Teriann needs to get back to banging hookers. I thought this last episode was above average for the show. We will re-evaluate in 2 weeks. I feel like I'm trying not to like it because the internet says so, and I can't dislike it.

Comments

sonatine: SOLID POINT NON-DRK

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
    Sometimes I feel like I must be watching a different show than you Mr. Tine. I will say though, Teriann needs to get back to banging hookers. I thought this last episode was above average for the show. We will re-evaluate in 2 weeks. I feel like I'm trying not to like it because the internet says so, and I can't dislike it.
    After watching a bunch of these limited run series, it's like they all start way strong, peter off until episode 5 where shit invariably hits the fan, then coast till about 2 ep's from the end and then finish epic. There are ep arcs and there are season arcs. I do feel that a lot of these shows don't know their season commitment before the very end so they're trying to write 9 eps and end up having to write 12-14. That extra 3 or so eps is a fuck ton of work.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ::o View Post
    Also liking Fargo so far.
    Same

Billy God Thornton

Comments

4Dragons: telling it like it is rep

Load Metric
    I think Game of Thrones is still riding high.
    But I have absolutely no clue what is coming up, i've gone in completely blind.
    Ep 2 caught me so off guard, i was just thinking what a prick that guy can be, too.

The story line i like the best, is the wildlings and the wall, I get like only 3-5 minutes every other week on it, but still like that part of the show more than King's Landing.
    The new additions to the team are simply bad asses.

And Arya,..................if she dies, I might stop.

I want to try Fargo,
    what about Orphan Black? I'm 1/2 way through season 1.
    If you like suspense, this is your show.
    You are constantly turning a new page there.

Load Metric
    Im stunned by how much I enjoy Orphan Black.

Season 2 is getting a bit over the top but they've exhausted the whole discovery dynamic so now its morphing into something fairly predictable.

I enjoyed it sooo much more when the people pulling the strings were all smoke and mirrors.

Load Metric
    I think that Vikings ruined GOT for me. Im serious if you asked me a month ago what was the best show still on the air and it would be GOT hands down.

On GOT you have to wait forever for shit to come together, but on Vikings they will go out rape women conquer lands and come back with all the riches in 1 episode.

Im almost upset I started watching Vikings because I just cant get into GOT anymore.

Everyone is so happy Jeofrys dead but he brought alot to the show. Plus the way he was killed was just stupid. It should have been some shocking red wedding type shit.

It might be just me but does anyone else besides sonatine think Vikings smashes GOT?

Comments

4Dragons: spoiler

Thread Information